Help, Support and Suggestions

Top Ten?
Darkmax at 12:54AM, Nov. 3, 2011
(online)
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but…I was just wondering with the page view counter not working how are the top 10 comics determined?
Just asking
El Cid at 5:53AM, Nov. 3, 2011
(online)
It's my understanding that, as a temporary matter, they just took a snapshot of the Top 10 right before the site change and used them, and the Top 10 is currently just a static category that is not being calculated. The original plan would have been to have the stats working and the Top 10 being a dynamic category again, but things didn't go according to plan.
Hawk at 8:52AM, Nov. 3, 2011
(online)
This isn't the place to ask.  You probably want this portion right here:
http://www.drunkduck.com/forum/9896/
ozoneocean at 6:21PM, Dec. 4, 2011
(online)
I can tell you for certain- the top ten comics are based on the 7 day average unique hits.
And of course the site is not currently counting any stats so their averages are fixed at what they were when it stopped counting. -sort of like the snapshot El Cid mentions.

But it can be changed at will. Skool and I can stick any comic in the top ten by changing the average. We don't like to do that though because it's not a fair system and those comics already in the top ten at least got there in a fair way… But I did remove Persona FTW 3 and replace it with the DD Awards because that comic has finished and is no longer updating, AND Persona 4 is in the top 10 anyway.

If other comics in the top ten become inactivate (Cru the Dwarf…?), They could be bumped in favour of special project comics too, but it will take a lot of thinking. Can't be arbitrary about this.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved