Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Bubbles, an Octopus and some fish... what more could you want?
passionfly at 3:46PM, Dec. 1, 2011
(offline)
Hi I'm Kate from the UK I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself… Fishsoup is my first ever attempt at a webcomic
or any comic of any sort come to think of it. So to be honest I dont have a clue what I'm doing yet, I would apprectiate any
feedback or constructive criticism anyone can offer. Thanks for reading and
I hope you enjoy. x
fishsoup
AlceX at 4:06PM, Dec. 1, 2011
(offline)
So this is your first webcomic? Not bad, not bad at all. Here's some ideas:
- The long conversations are kinda boring. Try simplifying the conversations a bit.
- For some reason, I don't like the Bob's (that's the fish right?) design. I think more than anything, it's the mouth. It's like he has it open all the time in a “O” form. I'd try changing it, but perhaps it's a better idea to be less extreme and first try giving it a closed mode first.
- The background feel a bit bland. I guess it goes with the style of the comic but since it's the main background you constantly reuse I feel like it needs a bit more of detail. A bit more of shading in the plant, some wrinkles on the couch, and perhaps a more complicated texture for the floor and wall.
Hope this helps!
passionfly at 4:37PM, Dec. 1, 2011
(offline)
Hi AlceX, thank you for the feedback its really appreciated, Yeah I know the conversation can get a little long in places… kind of reflects me I think, I talk alot in real life to, or so I'm told (when someone else manages to get a word in) …yes I think you might be right on the fish's mouth, I am going to have a rethink on that one. As for the background I have plans for that in a future episode… I kind of left that detail-less on purpose.
Thanks for taking the time :O)
last edited on Dec. 1, 2011 4:40PM
Genejoke at 1:35AM, Dec. 2, 2011
(online)
It's not bad at all, very polished. I don't think the amount of dialogue is a problem, but any more than that could put people off. At the very least it is amusing dialogue and with a strip like that you need it to be.
passionfly at 6:56AM, Dec. 2, 2011
(offline)
Hey Genejoke thanks for the feedback, yesterday was only my first day, today I am going to try and refine the look and the dialogue a little… what I have in mind might work or might not not sure yet. I want to stay true to the style of the strip that I have established though, so I'm not going to go to overboard on changing it.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon