Networking & Community Projects*

DDsecret santa gift thread 2011
rokulily at 12:49PM, Dec. 8, 2011
(online)
Please post your secret santa gifts here!
last edited on Jan. 2, 2012 11:12PM
usedbooks at 6:45PM, Dec. 8, 2011
(online)
Am I really first to post one? I'm never first. 0_o

Anyway, this is for MayelV, who wanted fan art from one of his comics. I chose to draw Jose from Wanted Dead or Dead because he seemed like a fun character, and I wanted to try drawing him. I hope you like it!

http://media.drunkduck.com/users/usedbooks/assets/ddsecretsanta2011.jpg
Reashi at 8:19PM, Dec. 8, 2011
(online)
This one is for UltimateZ :D

Link to full image:http://media.drunkduck.com/users/Reashi/assets/DD_ss.jpg
MageeJabberwock at 7:51AM, Dec. 9, 2011
(online)

For Ally Haert.
UltimateZ at 3:48PM, Dec. 10, 2011
(offline)
For Call Me Tom and his comic Todd Sweets
Call Me Tom at 12:16PM, Dec. 12, 2011
(offline)
Sorry Banes you got the black been….
I'm sorry for any offence I cause.
Locoma at 7:37PM, Dec. 12, 2011
(offline)
hahaha man this thread is too much fun :D
omg can't wait for my robot!
Banes at 10:01PM, Dec. 12, 2011
(offline)
Call Me Tom, that is so awesome! Thanks so much!

I must admit, I kind of LIKE it when people can draw my characters better than I can…and you do!

I love it!!!

Banes at 10:04PM, Dec. 12, 2011
(offline)
For Crocty…hey, I got your name last time I did a community project….hope you like this okay. Everybody else did color! I shoulda done color…

weirdwolfoflondon at 12:59PM, Dec. 13, 2011
(offline)
This one goes out to Primalx3, who sounded unsure about whether he wanted something from his comic, “Ultranimal”, or mine(the current being “Komet Kangaroo”), so I figured what the heck and just mashed the two together.

Darwin at 5:28PM, Dec. 14, 2011
(offline)
This is very cool so far! I'm in work on mine…I hope to have it done tomorrow or so!! I'll post it as soon as I get it done!
darrell at 7:13PM, Dec. 14, 2011
(online)
Some great art to start things off everyone!
My first attempt at posting an image in the new forums, let's see how it goes. :) This one goes out to herio. No request was made so I went with this:
By the way, the full image is also up on photobucket:
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p184/darrell_ca/2011santa_lettered.jpg
last edited on Dec. 14, 2011 7:14PM
Locoma at 6:08AM, Dec. 15, 2011
(offline)
Man, I'm loving the things I'm seeing in this thread :D
Here's my present for smkinoshita

I actually read the whole comic to pick my fav char, and Armageddon was the winner without a doubt. He made me laugh out loud more than once, and also I consider his combination of humor and ultimate superpower perfectly crafted… and totally badass.
I included others characters I liked in the bottom left panel too, a lot of them have really interesting personalities and stories to be revealed. I gotta say, it was fairly addictive reading the whole thing.
last edited on Dec. 15, 2011 6:33AM
Genejoke at 2:00PM, Dec. 15, 2011
(online)
AlceX asked for santa doing something comic book like so I did him doing a brooding rooftop pose.
ayesinback at 4:46PM, Dec. 15, 2011
(online)
Locoma wrote:
hahaha man this thread is too much fun :D
omg can't wait for my robot!

Wait no more

Hope you like it :)
(there's a larger image in my Hey “book”.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on Dec. 15, 2011 4:53PM
Locoma at 5:51PM, Dec. 15, 2011
(offline)
LOLLLLLLLLLL
man it's a KILLER ROBOT BENCH… with a christmas spirit! :D I do like it, thanks!!
RPGgrenade at 8:10AM, Dec. 16, 2011
(online)
For Alejkhan, from your friendly neighborhood spiderma- I mean, RPGgrenade
It seemd a bit out of character for Victor to wear that, but that's exactly why i did it, he's from Akejkhan's comic: “Jump”

The liquid creations of Gods passed down to man, but sometimes an object of the gods' realm can cause chaos in the mortal realm.
Read Nectar of the Gods!
AlceX at 4:19PM, Dec. 16, 2011
(offline)
Thanks Genejoke! It's really cool. But creepy at the same time (in a good way). Just better not show it to any little kids.
smkinoshita at 8:45PM, Dec. 17, 2011
(online)
Syas: “any gift of characters from my comic, Insta-Dinner. They can be
doing whatever the santa's heart desires, and doesn't have to be holiday
themed”. Ignoring the obvious perversion potential with a food producing shape-shifter and a busty 18-year old I went with him creating a giant ginger-bread cookie and her little sis nomming it.
smkinoshita at 8:51PM, Dec. 17, 2011
(online)
Gotta say I LOVE Locoma's gift! Thank-you! Also he does High Voltage better than I do in my honest opinion. He also make me realize that Skiv could easily be an orange-haired blue version of The Fonz, replacing “Ehhhhh!” with drinking coffee.

Armageddon is a surprisingly popular character who I should try to include a little more often. He IS scheduled for another appearence in the comic and I think he'll make quite a few people happy.
Chernobog at 1:29AM, Dec. 18, 2011
(offline)

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
Chernobog at 1:33AM, Dec. 18, 2011
(offline)
My assignment was for Supermathsbeaver who wanted something christmas related. I figure Peanuts Christmas specials are a staple hallmark of the season. Hope it suits you!

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
AlceX at 7:07AM, Dec. 18, 2011
(offline)
So this is my gift for A Reaver. He didn't leave any request, so I was pretty lost on what to do, but then I saw his avatar… and I was like “I MUST DRAW THIS GUY”. I just had the face to work with, so I invented the rest. Oh, and for some reason, I imagine him as some kind of detective.
Primalx3 at 8:39PM, Dec. 19, 2011
(online)
My secret santa assignment was Reashi's request!
EDIT: X-MASSY VERSION.

Original non x-mas version here:
http://i.imgur.com/TXQPL.png
weirdwolfoflondon: ^^^^^Epic crossover! You also captured their abilities and personalities well. D: I don't think the fennec fox's arrows are going to triumph over dual swords being thrown though, lol. X D You also captured Ubee, Pieras, and the other's personalities quite well. Kudos!
The whole page is full of personality, especially from your characters.
+++++
Whoever picked out the Secret Santa's, was it random, or manually chosen based on similarities in art? D: If the former, then this entire thing played out like some kind of magic card picking! Tons of fun images by the way! It's always neat to see other artists draw somebody else's characters.
last edited on Dec. 20, 2011 7:58AM
A Reaver at 9:40AM, Dec. 20, 2011
(online)
AlceX wrote:
So this is my gift for A Reaver. He didn't leave any request, so I was pretty lost on what to do, but then I saw his avatar… and I was like “I MUST DRAW THIS GUY”. I just had the face to work with, so I invented the rest. Oh, and for some reason, I imagine him as some kind of detective.
Haha. Thanks. I didnt leave a request as I never actually thought of anything so I didnt really expect anything but this is a pleasent surprise. Thanks, its awesome. Now I need to do a detective comic.

Mine will be up either later tonight or tomorrow. I've just got back on the internet after moving house so Ill need a little while to add that bit extra into what I have currently.

Shiny new comic.
Niccea at 10:34AM, Dec. 20, 2011
(offline)
I can't speak for roku, but since I know she knows about random.org….I'm pretty sure it was randomized in its usual fashion.

And to my Secret Santa…don't worry, I have not dissappeared your image will be up within a couple of days. (That usually means 24 hours in my vocabulary). Cheers.
Reashi at 12:58PM, Dec. 20, 2011
(online)
Primalx3 wrote:
My secret santa assignment was Reashi's request!
EDIT: X-MASSY VERSION.
Awesome Pic Here
Original non x-mas version here:
http://i.imgur.com/TXQPL.png
weirdwolfoflondon: ^^^^^Epic crossover! You also captured their abilities and personalities well. D: I don't think the fennec fox's arrows are going to triumph over dual swords being thrown though, lol. X D You also captured Ubee, Pieras, and the other's personalities quite well. Kudos!
The whole page is full of personality, especially from your characters.
+++++
Whoever picked out the Secret Santa's, was it random, or manually chosen based on similarities in art? D: If the former, then this entire thing played out like some kind of magic card picking! Tons of fun images by the way! It's always neat to see other artists draw somebody else's characters.
That is awesome Primalx3 :D You really captured her surliness :D
Darwin at 6:05PM, Dec. 20, 2011
(offline)
Again these are great pics all around! I have not been slacking! :(

I have been…uh…prioritizing….art trades long since owed that I figured I would do for Xmas. Tomorrow I WILL be working on my entry for the name I drew! I will not reneg on my promise!
crocty at 4:23AM, Dec. 21, 2011
(offline)
Banes wrote:
For Crocty…hey, I got your name last time I did a community project….hope you like this okay. Everybody else did color! I shoulda done color…
Sweeeeet yes awesome :D I remember that, the summer art exchange. Was awesome too.
To someone here who hasn't got a gift yet: Maybe there's a possibility I'm the one who is drawing yours? Yes, it will come. Surely. But tomorrow at the earliest. It'll come. Unless you're not the person I'm drawing for, then maybe it won't come? This is sad news.
Don't worry Roku, I won't show you up by being a deadbeat, you can stop sending me deaththreats and relatives' fingers, I'll do it. Sheesh.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
rokulily at 10:26AM, Dec. 21, 2011
(online)
+++++
completely random to ensure fairness. though yes, it seems like theres been some good results! most glad that people are enjoying this!

crocty
wrote:
Don't worry Roku, I won't show you up by being a deadbeat, you can stop sending me deaththreats and relatives' fingers, I'll do it. Sheesh.
then what will i do with all these fingers crocty?

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon