Help, Support and Suggestions

Please fix this!
LoisLaLion at 10:26PM, Dec. 10, 2011
(online)
When I was filling in the form for DrunkDuck sign-up, I went down to the select-your-country and when I went to select Taiwan(my homeland), I was surprised to find ‘Taiwan province of China’ as the choice available. 
Taiwan is a democratic country and close neighbor/trading partner to China but nothing more than that. Even though the Communist Party of China insists that Taiwan is a renegade province of China, they are just disillusioned. Taiwan has it's own government, currency and military. We are not censored or controlled by China. Taiwan is one of the top twenty economies in the world(or last time I checked, it was), despite being 1/3 the size of Ohio. Taiwan's  citizens are also very fierce about their identity as Taiwanese people.
I would like to politely ask for a DrunkDuck mod to fix this issue so that Taiwan province of China can be corrected to Taiwan.
I'm sorry for bothering everyone with this thread, but I couldn't let this matter slide, not with how much respect I have for my homeland.
last edited on Dec. 10, 2011 11:28PM
ozoneocean at 10:46PM, Dec. 10, 2011
(online)
I realise how offensive that must be. Whoever programmed that was pretty thoughtless… I'm presonally pretty shocked that an error of that scale is in there,

However, we can't do anything at all to change that at the moment. The company that owns the site has no money to pay programmers to work on it right now so no programming work of any kin gets undertaken.
Sorry Lois. I can only imagine how insulted you feel at your country being marginalised like that.

LoisLaLion at 11:31PM, Dec. 10, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
I realise how offensive that must be. Whoever programmed that was pretty thoughtless… I'm presonally pretty shocked that an error of that scale is in there,

However, we can't do anything at all to change that at the moment. The company that owns the site has no money to pay programmers to work on it right now so no programming work of any kin gets undertaken.
Sorry Lois. I can only imagine how insulted you feel at your country being marginalised like that.
Oh..I see. Well, in that case, I just hope that this problem might be fixed in the future, when the owners decide to add some changes to the site. 
Thanks for the reply.
skoolmunkee at 1:57PM, Dec. 14, 2011
(online)
That's pretty awful. I suspect the programmer who did that just pulled an already existing list of countries from someplace to stick in there. Perhaps the list originated in China. :] That's no excuse for not giving the list a once-over to make sure nothing weird was in there though, it would have taken 5 minutes.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved