Reviews

Deadhead zero review
Genejoke at 11:23PM, Dec. 16, 2011
(online)
We were mostly favourable, there is no doubt that Mike is pretty talented.
I think the review summed up most things well so i don't have a whole lot to add.
last edited on Dec. 22, 2011 3:35AM
El Cid at 6:38AM, Dec. 20, 2011
(online)
I think Mike MacDee was on to something when he suggested he should have uploaded the origin and the rest of Deadhead Zero as separate comics. Because they feel like two separate comics amost. Overall though, I don't think the tone shift is that much of a detriment, and without the origin, pointless though it may seem right now, the rest of the comic would be less interesting IMO. Overall, it's an excellent comic, more solid than most and with superb writing. It seems the issues that got brought up about the art were more due to an elbow injury than laziness or lack of interest, so I guess that's our bad… or really mostly mine because I think I'm the one who first brought it up.

Anyway, I dug it (another pun!). Recommendations? I think that, if you ignore the intro, the rest of the comic is pretty consistent in tone, so I can't entirely say that it's something that needs to be worked on. I think lightening things up with humor helps, but with the way the story's been going, up to and after the review was written, I don't see how you can inject too much humor without messing things up. So the comic may have already found its natural balance. That's a credit to the creator but also perhaps a not-so-good indicator that this comic may be nearing its creative ceiling. If this is it for Deadhead Zero, then I'm not sure that this mixture of zany characters and detective procedural is going to have a very broad appeal, even though it is so well done. But then, I'm not a super huge fan of detective comics, so I'm probably not the best person to give an opinion on that!
Genejoke at 4:51AM, Dec. 23, 2011
(online)
It seems mike macdee agrees with us for the most part and it will be intersting to see what he does next.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon