Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

How do you network with other DD writers?
HappyLandings at 8:28PM, Dec. 21, 2011
(online)
Okay, let me jsut say that I am not asking how to get more readers. I know there are other threads for that, and for the time being I've only finished six comics so I know I need a lot of work before my work is done.
What I'm asking is how do I meet up with other Drunk Duck writers on IMs, social networks, and other things like that. I wanted to join this forum to get some feedback on my work and meet up with other individuals who also have interesting comics. Since I joined however, I've just made a few blips on the forums and I haven't yet had a direct conversation with anyone. So how do I do?

Genejoke at 11:30PM, Dec. 21, 2011
(online)
Good question, it doesn't help that these forums have been a little quiet but there are ways.
Being direct can help, but like cold calling it may not get a bite.  Sometimes just commenting on peoples comics can be a start, especially if it is one by someone who replies to comments a lot.
Collaboration helps, if you do a project with someone you end up excahnging a few emails and from there-  who knows.  Not sure where to start with collaborations?  Little things like the secret santa or community projects (some aren't so small) 
Getting to know bodies via the forums is also a good method, the general discussion section is the most busy one right now, mianly the rant thread.  
Once you break the ice a bit it will get a lot easier
MrHades at 1:27PM, Dec. 22, 2011
(online)
Twitter. Search/Use the hash tag #NDCA
It's used by a group of people to promote their webcomics and it's a great way to meet artists/writers and push your work.
Hey, why not follow me on Twitter? User name: @THE_MrHades
Mitchell at 3:56AM, Dec. 27, 2011
(online)
This is a good Suggestion
the_beav at 3:45AM, Dec. 30, 2011
(online)
Idk lol. Start an AIM/SKYPE/etc. thread? Be the first to post your contact info? Unless such a thread exists.. I don't know if i'd be brave enough to post my info outright :)
JillyFoo at 5:57PM, March 15, 2012
(online)
I like to meet other DD folks at conventions. Just go to the artist alley and look for the folks who make comics.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved