Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA!
Niccea at 12:30PM, March 22, 2012
(offline)
My husband took 3 days off this week, so we began our house search. We have the area we want to live. And we got all the builders we saw listed from most to least favorable. I even went through the floorplans I got and arranged them. We hope to make the final decision in the summer.
Lonnehart at 2:52PM, March 22, 2012
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
Greeeeeaaaaaat… Just finished going through over 50 spam comics, deleteing each one seperately one after the other… changing all their info each fricken time because this damn system is buged up to the fricken eyeballs. -_-
I'd hate to see those bugs in your eyeballs. I'm disturbed enough by that one floater in my right eye that looks like a roundworm. Eyedoctor assured me that it is indeed a floater, but I'm not comforted by that…
bravo1102 at 10:09PM, March 22, 2012
(offline)
Lonnehart wrote:
I'd hate to see those bugs in your eyeballs. I'm disturbed enough by that one floater in my right eye that looks like a roundworm. Eyedoctor assured me that it is indeed a floater, but I'm not comforted by that…

Just so long as an opthmologist doesn't tell you “CALL ME IMMEDIATELY if you ever see flashes of light in your eyes because that means your retina has detatched.”

So everytime I see any flashes at all in front of my eyes I freak. Like floaters having some is normal as the eye reacts to light and dark. But still ever having a detached retina and then the laser surgery is enough to freak.
Genejoke at 12:57AM, March 23, 2012
(online)
Things have managed to get worse for me this week, the rate things are going I'll be begging for the world to end this year. I would go into it but I have neither time nor energy. I really need a break this shit is just non stop and every time I see a light at the end of the tunnel it's just the light of a train delivering another tonne of shit.
On the plus side I'm still losing weight, have shed nearly three stone now.
Ozoneocean at 2:02AM, March 23, 2012
(online)
@Hippie- TO LATE! Check out Niccea's sig banner bellow your post! It's Trotsky's end all over again :(

@Bravo- so a mischievous person shining the reflection of the sun from the crystal on a watch-face into your eyes could have some pretty cool effects on you? ^_^

I had some nasty headaches yesterday, not very severe by ANY stretch, just painful and “ruin your day” sort of headaches that required a lot of pills to subdue. And today the nasty side effects from that… I don't know weather it's the after effects of the pills themselves or just the condition of having the headaches, but usually afterwards you have this unreasoning depression- sort of “no hope, nothing matters, it's all pointless” sort of feeling… Makes it very hard to concentrate and impossible for art, which for me needs optimism.

Thank goodness it was only temporary and seems to have all evaporated now! Such a horrible, grey nasty outlook that makes even good, positive stuff seem like total crap. Eww!
bravo1102 at 3:35AM, March 23, 2012
(offline)
Hang in there all. The wife's job search goes on and I have absolutely no desire to do any work on my comic. Everything is set up and I just cannot bring myself to step behind the camera. I just want nothing to do with it. Yet the buffer only lasts until the first week of April.
My bank account is empty and now the bank is giving me service charges. I have no spare money for anything, anywhere. It's all gasoline and other essentials.
@Ozone: the flash of light off a crystal watchface is different from the little fireworks sparkle that my opthmologist wants me to be concerned about. It's like the little ones one sees when one clenches and unclenches one's eyelids.
Niccea at 7:47AM, March 23, 2012
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
@Hippie- TO LATE! Check out Niccea's sig banner bellow your post! It's Trotsky's end all over again :(
What you should know, Ozone, is that come April, there will be two “Ice Pick” in my signature. >:D One for you and one for Hippie.
Ozoneocean at 9:00AM, March 23, 2012
(online)
Ha! Just for that I'm adding you to my bit of the DD soap… http://goo.gl/8eqNv ^_^

teehee hee!
“Falsies” ^_^
last edited on March 23, 2012 10:56AM
HippieVan at 11:50AM, March 23, 2012
(online)
Niccea wrote:
What you should know, Ozone, is that come April, there will be two “Ice Pick” in my signature. >:D One for you and one for Hippie.

Exactly how it happened to Trotsky! Niccea has been gaining our trust over time and now…ICE PICK!
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
lba at 7:17PM, March 23, 2012
(online)
Is there any other way to resolve a dispute than an icepick to the chest? Other than a poisoned dart from an unbrella maybe?

My neighborhood is slowly going insane again with the coming of summer. I live on the edge of the ghetto here in a spot where if you cross the park in front of my house and go another 2 blocks over, you're in the crappy part of town. It's not uncommon to hear gunfire in the distance. But as a result of our proximity, all the people from the bad part of town start heading this way to use the park and go to the bars in my neighborhood, which means all the old racist/middle-class people get all worried and up in arms, which sets off all these arguments and fights. I don't particularly care if they want to go to the bar or use the park. To me they're just people, since I grew up with far worse areas around my home, and the reaction to them would be entertaining if it didn't result in my trashcans being destroyed in the alleyway every month or two and people throwing firecrackers at the dog all the time. I don't know what it is about summer in the northern states, but it makes a lot of people go a little funny in the head. My guess is all that pent-up destructive energy starts coming out or something. It usually starts tapering off around late summer/ early fall.
PIT_FACE at 7:24PM, March 23, 2012
(online)
ah, i know it was a joke Ayes. just didnt catch it in the best of states. no bad feelings though and thanks for being concerned for my health!
got better earlier this week and man it never felt so good with spring in the air and all that stuff.

Lonnehart at 11:58PM, March 23, 2012
(online)
Ugh… just got a reminder why I should not read the comments when watching science vids on YouTube (I should just stick to watching them on Netflix). I guess it'll always happen… there will always be those few who will throw scientific facts out the window or treat them as if they don't exist and try to tell us about the creation myths of their religion… -_-

Got to work with 3 Asari on a couple of missions in ME3 multiplayer. Nice people. Except that I felt… inadequate. They got most of the kills and most of the XP. I scored a few shotgun kills on the missions I went with them but spent most of my missions on the ground after being burnt by Geth Pyros or bashed by Geth Hunters and they had to go save me. I feel like a useless soldier now… I've got this sneaking suspicion that they used me as bait…
last edited on March 23, 2012 11:59PM
Product Placement at 3:37AM, March 24, 2012
(online)
Lonnehart wrote:
Ugh… just got a reminder why I should not read the comments when watching science vids on YouTube.
Congratulations. You've taken the first step in your journey that is understanding which videos you should refrain from commenting on, at all times.
Never EVER bother with the comments on videos that depict:
*American History/World War II (populated with ego stroking rednecks and eurofags that like to yell at each other)
*Nature videos (evolution vs religion shit storm central)
*The moon landing (Attracts the worst kind of conspiracy nuts)

Just trust me on this. You'll need to keep your sanity levels in check in case you run into an Amnesia monster.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
Ozoneocean at 3:57AM, March 24, 2012
(online)
PP!
I added you to the latest bit of the DD soap, I think t=it was rather good ^_^
http://goo.gl/fWvO6
ayesinback at 5:43AM, March 24, 2012
(online)
YAY! Pit doesn't hate me! Very glad to read you're finally feeling better. quite a monster hit you were battling.

And Oz - awesome job of adding several chapters to the soap. playtime for you, ey? While so many have been swallowed whole by ME3, you just went with the ME :P

And to the Radio Play fans - and that's EVERYONE, isn't it? (ISN'T IT!!?) Voting begins Monday, but why wait till then to begin checking them out? There's some great stuff to listen to Now :)
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
PIT_FACE at 7:29AM, March 24, 2012
(online)
corse i dont hate ya! but yeah, i dont know what that was, but it friggin chewed me up for a little while. great to be back though, on with chaos!

Ozoneocean at 11:43PM, March 24, 2012
(online)
Poor Pit… I bet you look like a pale, wan, wasted skeleton… :(
Yu'll need to fatten up and get back into the prime of good health again! Eat, eat, eat!

Whatr a lovely warm day it is here! Not too hot, just right! Rare for an Autum in Perth. Good drawing weather, then later this evening I will tackle the task of editing the DD Quackcast and soap- I'm giving poor hard working Banes a break for a while.
Lovely Sunday afternoon here in the bright sunny future where I live ^_^
SirMWK at 6:36AM, March 25, 2012
(online)
Anyone else suffer from insomnia? I don't mean “I can't sleep once in awhile so I must have insomnia.” I mean LEGIT insomnia…e_e
PIT_FACE at 8:40AM, March 25, 2012
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
Poor Pit… I bet you look like a pale, wan, wasted skeleton… :(
Yu'll need to fatten up and get back into the prime of good health again! Eat, eat, eat!

Whatr a lovely warm day it is here! Not too hot, just right! Rare for an Autum in Perth. Good drawing weather, then later this evening I will tackle the task of editing the DD Quackcast and soap- I'm giving poor hard working Banes a break for a while.
Lovely Sunday afternoon here in the bright sunny future where I live ^_^

haha, wasnt to far from the truth actually i did not look like a pleasant healthy specimen at the least. but im getting back to full and hoping to go on a nice walk with an old friend of mine tomorrow at the glacier park outside town.
also, its weird hearing that your in fall when it;s spring here. but sounds like a great day! pretty good here too.

Lonnehart at 1:37PM, March 25, 2012
(online)
SirMWK wrote:
Anyone else suffer from insomnia? I don't mean “I can't sleep once in awhile so I must have insomnia.” I mean LEGIT insomnia…e_e
I sometimes do. The most I've been up straight was 2 and a half days. And it's random sometimes too…
HippieVan at 5:56PM, March 25, 2012
(online)
Ever have one of those moments where you feel like you should be in a sitcom?
I just got news from my mom that my granddad passed away. My little sister was in the shower so I knocked on the bathroom door and told her “Grandpa died”. There was a silence…and then “WHAT?” So I said louder “Grandpa died!” She still couldn't hear, “WHAT?” This went on and eventually I was shouting at the door “GRANDPA DIED! GRANDPA DIED!”

I guess I'll be making a road trip out for the funeral soon. I only ever seem to go to that part of the country for funerals these days.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Banes at 7:43PM, March 25, 2012
(offline)
Sorry to hear about your Grandpa, Hippievan

Ozoneocean at 10:39PM, March 25, 2012
(online)
That's two deaths reported in the last few days. Let's hope no one else shuffles of the mortal coil for a while. :(

Headaches every day virtually. This is getting very annoying. -_-

Just started the famous “neuromancer” by William Gibson. So far it seems a little naive… The gritty setting and the idea of the cyber interface is something I'm pretty familiar with from books written earlier by people like Joan D Vinge. I'm hoping that it will get better once the pacing starts, when I get to the meat of the story and the plot takes over.

I read a magnificent name today; a real guy too: Captain Dick Slaughter.
Wow.
What a name to go by O_O
You can make up ones like “Admiral Awesome Cock” and “Major Penis King”, but the thing is that Captain Dick Slaughter was a REAL guy and that makes it undefeatable!
Product Placement at 11:01PM, March 25, 2012
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
PP!
…how come I don't understand terms like “I must say” and “Figure of speach”?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
bravo1102 at 3:29AM, March 26, 2012
(offline)
Product Placement wrote:
ozoneocean wrote:
PP!
…how come I don't understand terms like “I must say” and “Figure of speach”?
For the same reason that Ironscarf is a Terry-Thomas Britisher, Skoolmunkee and Jillyfoo had cojoined rears, I'm Groucho Marx and all the other nonsense.

All the characters are broadly drawn parodies and caricatures and any resemblance between them and us is purely coincidental and for me as the writer of so much of this, begins and ends at the use of the screenname.

However, my intrepretation of the scene is you did understand and merely pretended not to so you could deck Oz.
Ozoneocean at 4:56AM, March 26, 2012
(online)
Yeah, that's pretty accurate. It's a humour parody, the jokes are based on misunderstandings, or at least pretending to misunderstand. It's fun to write like that. Also, I'm aussie,so I don't typically talk that way either, wot old chap, pip pip!
lba at 3:53PM, March 26, 2012
(online)
I just got done healing from a sprained ankle to the point where I just barely can run again, albeit with some measure of pain, and I'm already letting people convince me that running a 10K assault course in the mud next weekend will be a good idea. Sometimes I wonder about my own level of stupid stubborness. It just sounds like so much fun, and the next time the event is going to be held, I won't be able to do it because I'll be away for training. So if you never hear from me after this weekend, it's probably because I'm slowly being preserved in some mud pit somewhere.

That sucks to hear about your grandpa Hippie. Hope things get better for you soon.
ayesinback at 4:03PM, March 26, 2012
(online)
hey Hippie - I'm sorry for your loss, but also so impressed that you could see outside, so to speak, and find a humor in the situation. Have to believe your Grandpa would be proud of you for that.

and LBA- that's just great, a sprained ankle but you'll do a 10K. But a radio play comic page? Oh no. Oh no no! naa! non! nyet! nei! - cause That's unrealistic.

I'd like to speak directly to your ankle, please.

*yes! a new duckiness. ankle art web comics*
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on March 26, 2012 4:05PM
lba at 7:20PM, March 26, 2012
(online)
Except that I spend my entire life doing nothing but working, trying to find clients and make a living. And doing stuff like volunteering to run an assault course like this one has benefits when it comes to promotion time when I'm trying to jump up a paygrade. I don't really have lot of extra time to draw things I want to.
Ozoneocean at 8:50PM, March 26, 2012
(online)
I wish I could run an assult course in order to get paid more :)
Sounds ideal… if a strange way to determine that sort of thing.

My internetulatortronorizor, otherwise known as my internet connection, died last night. No big deal usually, but it meant I could NOT finish doing the Quackcast soap and hence the Quackcast because I didn't have all the files or the script to check it against.
I've downloaded all of them now just to be safe…

If the connection dies again I still won't be able to upload the finished product or do my notes, but at least I'll be able to finish the main stuff.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon