Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA!
The Warnock at 10:22AM, Jan. 9, 2012
(online)
Well, My resolution is to a) do better in school (don't even ask about this last semester), and b) give mafia and this community here a good kickstart.
Speaking of which…
Banes at 12:26PM, Jan. 9, 2012
(offline)
Hey ozone - I emailed you.
Thanks for the kudos!
Though I would rather be playing one of Lonnehart's video games….the one where the big guy tries to order a chicken sandwich. Sounds fun! Is that on Xbox?

Lonnehart at 2:45PM, Jan. 9, 2012
(online)
Banes wrote:
Thanks for the kudos!
Though I would rather be playing one of Lonnehart's video games….the one where the big guy tries to order a chicken sandwich. Sounds fun! Is that on Xbox?
Heh… that was actually a video that I watched… using the Youtube app for my XBox 360. :)
Lonnehart at 2:50PM, Jan. 9, 2012
(online)
oh… and here's the video in question.

I Want My Chicken! FAT MAN Screams For Chicken Sandwich

I'd have given him a chicken sandwich. After drenching the chicken patty in habanero sauce, that is. >:-D
Ozoneocean at 12:01AM, Jan. 10, 2012
(online)
Banes wrote:

Thanks man!

Oh gods, I am sooo forking bloody tried… I'm back at work this week so I can't sleep in after doing my editing, which means I had to go to bed a bit earler because I have to get up much earlier. Anyway, the problem is I haven't had enough sleep and I STILL haven't finished the bloody editing.
So tired.
So deathly tired.
Lonnehart at 12:30AM, Jan. 10, 2012
(online)
Better sleep as much as you need, Ozone. Your head will be clearer when you wake up I think. I wish I could sleep as much. But when I do I wake up pretty sore and still needing sleep…
BuddyParaiso at 1:23AM, Jan. 10, 2012
(offline)
Speaking of New Year, the Philippines celebrates New Year in great multitudes of barrage from Fire crackers…These fire crackers are NOT the average small poppers…these are giant dynamite-like explosives and people, specially kids got their hands blown off in the most shocking way, these fire crackers even had strangte sounding names like "Super lolo (Super Grand Pa),Goodbye Philippines, 5-Star, Goodbye Saddam and Goodbye Bin ladden, Crying Cow (One ofthe MOST lethal)…The authorities and the health department are doing their best to stop or minimize these hazardous habit. The last new year of 2012 seems promising, the number of casualties decreases…but there are still those unlucky enough to have their hands blown to bits…When will practice ever end???
I've noticed much of the movies (Be them as live or 3D animation, continues to exhibit machismo tendencies (How subtle they maybe.) Even there are strong, female characters in a story, it is always the “Nerdie”, low potential male characters who ends up having the last say or getting the girl's interest…when will this ever end???
last edited on Jan. 10, 2012 1:30AM
Lonnehart at 1:29AM, Jan. 10, 2012
(online)
BuddyParaiso wrote:
Speaking of New Year, the Philippines celebrates New Year in great multitudes of barrage from Fire crackers…These fire crackers are NOT the average small poppers…these are giant dynamite-like explosives and people, specially kids got their hands blown off in the most shocking way…The authorities and the health department are doing their best to stop or minimize these hazardous habit. The last new year of 2012 seems promising, the number of casualties decreases…but there are still those unlucky enough to have their hands blown to bits…When will practice ever end???
Only if they outlaw fireworks. I was there once to visit family and I saw quite a few explosions. And lots of firearms firing into the air.

Now if you see a bright flash that nearly blinds you followed by several mushroom clouds and it's New Years Eve, we're all in trouble…
BuddyParaiso at 1:32AM, Jan. 10, 2012
(offline)
Heaven forbid!
I've noticed much of the movies (Be them as live or 3D animation, continues to exhibit machismo tendencies (How subtle they maybe.) Even there are strong, female characters in a story, it is always the “Nerdie”, low potential male characters who ends up having the last say or getting the girl's interest…when will this ever end???
bravo1102 at 1:43AM, Jan. 10, 2012
(offline)
BuddyParaiso wrote:
Speaking of New Year, the Philippines celebrates New Year in great multitudes of barrage from Fire crackers…These fire crackers are NOT the average small poppers…these are giant dynamite-like explosives and people, specially kids… The last new year of 2012 seems promising, the number of casualties decreases…but there are still those unlucky enough to have their hands blown to bits…When will practice ever end???
Feel fortunate that these celebrations do not involve shooting projectiles into the air that will land someplace else and injure people like those wonderful Arabs and their assault rifles.

There are guys who own artillery (AWI and ACW reinactors among others) who fire them off on appropriate holidays like New Years and Independence Day. So you're not alone in expereincing pyrotechnics during celebrations.Though as a formerprofessional trigger man of explosivesitmakes me miss the days when I could fire the big guns too.
Lonnehart at 1:47AM, Jan. 10, 2012
(online)
Actually, in the Philippines they do shoot off firearms into the air, and people do get hurt. And here on Guam as well. A few years ago asix year old girl was injured by a falling bullet (the person who shot that round got caught).

So every New Years when I'm working I'm ordered to seek shelter under a concrete structure for around 1 to 2 hours (or ‘til the celebrations die down). It’s less about our safety and more about the company not having to pay for having its security officers injured on the job…
bravo1102 at 7:30AM, Jan. 10, 2012
(offline)
Lonnehart wrote:
Actually, in the Philippines they do shoot off firearms into the air, and people do get hurt. And here on Guam as well. A few years ago asix year old girl was injured by a falling bullet (the person who shot that round got caught).

So every New Years when I'm working I'm ordered to seek shelter under a concrete structure for around 1 to 2 hours (or ‘til the celebrations die down). It’s less about our safety and more about the company not having to pay for having its security officers injured on the job…
Yuck. I'd ask permission to return fire.

That's the main reason firing guns in the air never caught on in the mainland USA.In the places where there are lots of people with guns who could shoot them in the air there is too much chance of someone firing back.
Ozoneocean at 10:18AM, Jan. 10, 2012
(online)
Generally firing guns in public within law abiding, peaceful communities is a bad idea for too many reasons…
Besides, they're bloody loud and obnoxious!

Well… finished the editing. I got a quick nap beforehand. I've never had so many issues at every stage with one of these things, it was a non-stop constant struggle.
Due to my connection issues the interview was all over the place and the sound is awful… But then while I was doing the final edit on the carefully reconstructed, stitched together interview with Jilly, suddenly 80% of the interview tracks all went slow speed!

So I sounded more masculine for once, but Jilly sounded like she'd grown balls… ugh! Dammit! That Grand Testiculitus…

Efforts to fix that resulted in all sorts of waits and crashes. Eventually after reloading and recovering the files I sped that bit up by 12% so now I sound a bit chipmunky towards the last half, but at least Jilly sounds better.

After I finally finished the whole thing the file upload location disappeared on me. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu…

Imma go beddy-byes now. Again.
Genejoke at 2:17PM, Jan. 10, 2012
(online)
Sounds like all kinds of fun. Since the new school term started my youngest started preschool, I know spend most of my day walking from home to school to preschool to home to preschool to home to school then home. GUH! so time consuming, there won't be a BASO page tomorrow as a result, maybe thursday…
gullas at 5:00PM, Jan. 10, 2012
(offline)
Interesting fact. Drunkduck usually falls off my “top 9 most visited” speed dial list on google chrome.

But that's only because I always have a tab or two open with DD content…
bravo1102 at 12:41AM, Jan. 11, 2012
(offline)
I begged off on driving the wife anywhere yesterday because she finally had nothing scheduled. So I was able to watch some movies. And for some reason I agreed to work tonight. Right, it's that whole money thing.

Judy called her sister so I only have to drive her to her morning doctor appointment and not linger in Edison for hours for her physical therapy session.
Lonnehart at 8:37AM, Jan. 11, 2012
(online)
Ugh… it's raining this early morning. Like cats and dogs. Heck… I can hear the yelping and yowling and the tin roof sounds like it's being hit with rocks stuffed into feather pillows with lots of scratching following each thud followed by lots of barking and hissing…

And I think I've got a “kyupol” moment here… I sometimes think that there's a group of assassins watching the world, looking to see which person has the potential to change the world for the better (world peace, ending world hunger, getting cultures/ideologies/religions working together, etc) and then assassinating them for whatever reason we can't fathom… or something like that.

ayesinback at 9:38AM, Jan. 11, 2012
(online)
Lonnehart wrote:
I sometimes think that there's a group of assassins watching the world, looking to see which person has the potential to change the world for the better (world peace, ending world hunger, getting cultures/ideologies/religions working together, etc) and then assassinating them for whatever reason we can't fathom… or something like that.

Actually - that sounds like it has the makings for a great comic . . .
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on Jan. 11, 2012 10:04AM
gullas at 12:18PM, Jan. 11, 2012
(offline)
isn't that the basic plot of the Assassin's Creed series, except that the assassins are the good guys and the church is the baddies?
Lonnehart at 2:31PM, Jan. 11, 2012
(online)
gullas wrote:
isn't that the basic plot of the Assassin's Creed series, except that the assassins are the good guys and the church is the baddies?
Never played Assassins Creed, so I wouldnt' know. I was just thinking about why so many good people throughout recent history… people who could'vedone more great things…ended up being at the end of the assassins blade/bullet. In ancient times it was about greed and power on the part of the assassin or his employers, and in more recent times it's about ideology and other ideas…

Hmm… time to rework one of the houses I just made. It's got 20 downloads on it so far, but I could improve it. For one thing, to live up to its “slice of life” name it's gotta look more… tasty… And I gotta get the hang of The Sims 3's Create A Style system…
last edited on Jan. 11, 2012 2:33PM
rokulily at 4:16PM, Jan. 11, 2012
(online)
so i thought about it and decided that i need to go find some balloons.

also i never posted my new years resolution- i wanna make a book. maybe finish a few things here and there, do well in school, get in better shape, etc. but the book is the most important…

if i were balloons where would i hide?
ayesinback at 4:23PM, Jan. 11, 2012
(online)
– meanwhile –

what ARE you cooking?
the Smell - it's,it's not good, folks.
Kroatz at 4:30PM, Jan. 11, 2012
(online)
rokulily wrote:
if i were balloons where would i hide?
Probably the only place you'd never look. Have you checked inside the couch?
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
rokulily at 4:44PM, Jan. 11, 2012
(online)
Kroatz wrote:
Probably the only place you'd never look. Have you checked inside the couch?
found a few pillows, blankets, a nickel, lint, some more lint, remote, lost caverns of sockdom connected to the dryer, popcorn… and nope.

also, i am cooking vitamins aka veggies if you must know.
Lonnehart at 5:13PM, Jan. 11, 2012
(online)
Wow, Rok… I usually find a giant Dust Dragon Bunny and end up having to fight a turn based battle with it with only my broom and dustpan as weapons…

Heh… my neihbor thinks I'm weird. I'm happy that a total of 24 people (so far) have downloaded my “Slice of Life” Sim house. That thing was hard to make and I had to keep it as close to being a cake slice as possible on the tiniest possible lot size. I think I'll make the next one shaped like a top hat…. maybe…

And I need to stop watching Cyriak's videos on Youtube. I almost became a pure vegetarian after watching his “Cows, cows, cows” video…. O_O
last edited on Jan. 11, 2012 5:21PM
The Warnock at 5:22PM, Jan. 11, 2012
(online)
What kind of veggies?
oh and I finally got Portal 2. (Beware my year old references, WoooOOOOOOoooo.)
Also in other news:
MAFIA!
last edited on Jan. 11, 2012 5:24PM
ayesinback at 5:26PM, Jan. 11, 2012
(online)
The Warnock wrote:
What kind of veggies?

smelly ones.

but the vent and a yankee candle have put things to right
HippieVan at 12:21PM, Jan. 12, 2012
(online)
I've wanted a roll top desk for years and years. I think it just dawned on me today that I can't possibly afford one. : (

In other furniture news, I'm having bookshelf troubles. If I put books on the bottom two shelves Juliet likes to play “Pull Alex's books off the shelf, throw them around and eat them” so I'm limited to the top four shelves. It's not even close to enough space for my books. I pulled off about half of my books today that and I still had trouble fitting the rest on the shelf. And there are a ton of my books in the living room and the basement which I'd like to have in my room. Really I need for one of the walls of my bedroom just to be entirely a bookshelf, but as it's pretty unlikely that that will happen, I need to buy another(cheap) bookcase.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
gullas at 12:44PM, Jan. 12, 2012
(offline)
Hippie Van wrote:
I've wanted a roll top desk for years and years. I think it just dawned on me today that I can't possibly afford one. : (

In other furniture news, I'm having bookshelf troubles. If I put books on the bottom two shelves Juliet likes to play “Pull Alex's books off the shelf, throw them around and eat them” so I'm limited to the top four shelves. It's not even close to enough space for my books. I pulled off about half of my books today that and I still had trouble fitting the rest on the shelf. And there are a ton of my books in the living room and the basement which I'd like to have in my room. Really I need for one of the walls of my bedroom just to be entirely a bookshelf, but as it's pretty unlikely that that will happen, I need to buy another(cheap) bookcase.
IKEA to the rescue! You've got to love 'em swedes, besides producing pretty wimen they are experts on producing furniture!
HippieVan at 3:53PM, Jan. 12, 2012
(online)
@gullas: We don't have one here - at least not yet.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon