Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA!
Ozoneocean at 5:03AM, June 14, 2012
(online)
Has it been that long Parker? Surely not?
Still in Queensland?
ParkerFarker at 5:22AM, June 14, 2012
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
Has it been that long Parker? Surely not?
Still in Queensland?
I know, it seems impossible. But I was on DD while I was still living in america, and I left in 2009. CRAZY. Never was queensland, however. Always been a New South Welshman. I'm digging the new layout, btw. The little icon of the duck is still there which is good. Although I can't find where that quail's gone off to?

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
Ozoneocean at 6:19AM, June 14, 2012
(online)
Here: http://www.drunkduck.com/Duck_and_Quail/

Yes! NSW! So mnay people were from QLD, I got confused… Good to have you back anyway :)
How was the states?
Lonnehart at 1:59PM, June 14, 2012
(online)
wow… logged off Star Trek Online in the middle of some chat… between Aussies and Kiwis. I know it's supposed to be a “friendly” rivalry, but it gets passionate sometimes. Heh… I guess that's what happens when both are couped up on a space station…
Niccea at 5:51PM, June 14, 2012
(offline)
So
much work to do. Participating in two classes each with big projects,
reading, discussions, etc. Add in a part time job, studying for my
insurance license, hobbies, and housework…there isn't enough hours in a
day or days in a week…
Product Placement at 3:00AM, June 15, 2012
(online)
ParkerFarker wrote:
Back!
I remember you!
Lonnehart wrote:
Star Trek Online
I tried it for couple of hours, the other day. Captainaded my very own ship, called the USS Thunderpants. Made briefing missions amusing, as I imagined all those admirals and captains trying to say my ship's name with a straight face, during their serious conversations.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on June 15, 2012 3:04AM
bravo1102 at 6:55AM, June 15, 2012
(offline)
Considering how sailors love to make up nicknames for ships, some very ribald, somehow I think somewhere there was a “Thunderpants” at one time. There was an admiral nicknamed “Ironpants” so there was probably an Admiral “Thunderpants”
After all the Bon Homme Richard was the Bonny Dick.
Ozoneocean at 7:32AM, June 15, 2012
(online)
I finally updated Pinky TA biatcheeses! Yehowwwwah!
http://www.drunkduck.com/Pinky_TA/5396982/
Smell it!
SMells like fresh update!
and rotten cheese…

But there is also a dilemma of sorts attendant on this recent development…
You see, I have now reached the end of the pages that I have a written story for, or even thumbnails :(

Oh, I had the next few scenes as well as the segue into the next chapter all fully scripted out and rehearsed over and over in my head many times, but I've LOST all those pages.
I may have to rewrite the whole thing using my poor memory.

Unfortunately, my experience has shown that my improvised story re-writes are never as cool as the originals (when I finally retirve them).
last edited on June 15, 2012 7:33AM
Lonnehart at 1:22AM, June 16, 2012
(online)
I guess as the forums are kinda quiet I'll show off a bit. Star Trek Online just put out another new ship… and I'll be grinding my Dilithium for it (rather than drop $30 into cash cards). I'm sure the Star Trek fans remember the Akira class….

This is the Artimage class. It's a modification of the Akira class and is one of the top tier ships of the game… and you have to pay 2000 Cryptic Points for it. It's a torpedo boat/carrier with a wing of fighters inside it… If I manage to snag one I think I'll name it after two of the Admins of DD. The Ozone Munkee… hehehe…

As for the ship I'm currently in command of, it's a Comet Class Space Recon vessel…

I'm sure there are a few anime fans who recognize its name… :)

And if anyone else is playing this, you can message me at @lonnehart. Just let me know you're from DD or I'll write you off as a random spammer currency. :)
Ozoneocean at 10:36PM, June 17, 2012
(online)
Australia in the background, I like it! ^_^

———-

For Part 8 of Pinky TA I need to get hyped… I can't keep running on old ideas for that one. But where to find them? (New ideas)
Tricky… Only two more pages to go before I finish chapter 7 finally.

———–

Sore nipples are horrrrrrrrrid!!!!!!!!!!!
last edited on June 18, 2012 12:57AM
Macattack at 11:45AM, June 18, 2012
(offline)
….I come back from a week of rebuilding my computer and the first thing I read is Ozone talking about nipples…. Glad to see nothing has changed in my absence :P
It took a lot but I think I've almost gotten everything redownloaded onto this laptop. I had to downgrade from Adobe photoshop CS4 to Adobe Photoshop Elemenets 8.0. There are some aspects to it that are driving me up a wall, some that are just a learning curve, and some that I think I'm actualy going to like. It definitely has a more childish feel to it but I don't think that's really a good or bad thing as much as a thing
I don't know whether I should be proud or worried about myself as I just finished doing 50+ Minecraft playthrough videos in under a month. I've also started recording myself talk while playing as I can with fraps and it's seemed to have some pretty positive feedback so far, though personally I still think I sound like a nasily telletubbie and breath into the mic too much.
Does anyone know a cheap (preferably free) method of keeping nose breathing out of a recording? I've heard about using nylons in front of the mic but I only have access to a headset right now so it wouldn't work very well
Also @Lonnehart, Do you know if Cryptic points carry over? I get an allowance every month since I'm a lifetime subscriber to Champions online (still not regretting that in the least) but I've been considering trying star trek online when I get a free moment considering it's free itself
Lonnehart at 1:36PM, June 18, 2012
(online)
Macattack wrote:
Also @Lonnehart, Do you know if Cryptic points carry over? I get an allowance every month since I'm a lifetime subscriber to Champions online (still not regretting that in the least) but I've been considering trying star trek online when I get a free moment considering it's free itself
I actually haven't tried that. I've been using cash cards to get my Cpoints as I have a Perfect World account. I do know that when I convert dilithium to Cpoints I have to withdraw them to bind them to my STO account.
Lonnehart at 1:38PM, June 18, 2012
(online)
As far as STO goes, you don't really need any of the instore items to get through the game. However, if you'd rather fly COOLER LOOKING starships than what the game gives you, and you'd rather have COOLER LOOKING uniforms, etc…

Maybe I should consult with Ozone next time I decide to change my character's uniform seeing how he seems to be an expert… :)
Gunwallace at 1:55PM, June 18, 2012
(offline)
Does anyone know there whereabouts of Nergal?
Nergal had line inked a six-page story and coloured two of the pages, but then just vanished from Drunk Duck, and the e mail I had now bounces. It seems a shame to leave that small project at such an almost finished state. SO if anyone has a way of contacting Nergal for me could the do so?
***FOUND HIM, THANKS**
David ‘Gunwallace’ Tulloch, www.virtuallycomics.com
last edited on June 18, 2012 5:29PM
FormerDDer at 6:52PM, June 18, 2012
(offline)
So in one of the many forums I go to, I had this message in my PM inbox:

I will let you take your time to post my birthday topic. Last time, I posted your birthday topic like 3 years ago. I'm letting you post. Today's my birthday. Just to let you know.
… How do you even respond to something like that, without writing “The fuh are you smoking?” I… I don't even KNOW this person!
Lonnehart at 12:29AM, June 19, 2012
(online)
So I read up a bit and found Product Placement's post about his “adventures” in Star Trek Online. I have yet to see the USS Thunderpants, but I'm going to bet its original configuration was a cheap knockoff of the USS Excelsior…

“Tranwarp in 3… 2… 1… *clunk*”…
bravo1102 at 1:11AM, June 19, 2012
(offline)
NickyP wrote:
So in one of the many forums I go to, I had this message in my PM inbox:

I will let you take your time to post my birthday topic. Last time, I posted your birthday topic like 3 years ago. I'm letting you post. Today's my birthday. Just to let you know.
… How do you even respond to something like that, without writing “The fuh are you smoking?” I… I don't even KNOW this person!
I know any number of people with June birthdays who would do that. This surprises you? They're Geminis; two-faced, unpredictable and only answerable to their own perverse version of logic. If it's a blonde haired mother of two in Pennsylvania I urge you to just do it and then change your name and run away maybe move in with Gunwallace down in Kiwiland but I don't think that will be far enough.

Another reason I married a Scorpio. Since Scorpio's are control-freak, evil-geniuses they tend to keep the Gemini's at bay. And of course being a Sagitarious I have little to no idea what is ever going on and care ever the less about it with each passing moment because I have no attention span.
Ozoneocean at 6:55AM, June 19, 2012
(online)
Lonnehart wrote:
Maybe I should consult with Ozone next time I decide to change my character's uniform seeing how he seems to be an expert… :)
Star Trek?
Well, I'd have an all girl crew, with the 7 of Nine lady, the Klingon weapons officer lady, Dax, Councillor Troy, that lady with the funny nose thing and the short red hair in Deep Space 9, Uhura, maybe even captain Janeway.
The uniforms would involve very tight tops in the TNG theme, (red and black), no bra, in a halter-top configuration- no sleeves, and a high neck. Maybe a boobwindow like Powergirl. Super short micro-miniskirts, high heeled boots… and that's pretty much it. ^_^
FormerDDer at 9:28AM, June 19, 2012
(offline)
bravo1102 wrote:
I know any number of people with June birthdays who would do that. This surprises you? They're Geminis; two-faced, unpredictable and only answerable to their own perverse version of logic.

But… my birthday was on the 15th… D: !
Lonnehart at 1:45PM, June 19, 2012
(online)
Heh… so you want a Bridge Bunny crew, Ozone? You can have MOST of those options, but it will either cost you cash or if you're patient you can grind for the currency which you can convert to the currency needed to buy those options I prefer my crew to look military though… however, it's not my choice of which gender joins my bridge crew (for some reason I'm only offered female applicants). I do have a Klingon officer who is always part of my away team though. :)

I guess I'll show off my Tactical officer character whose crew is closest to what Ozone probably wants…
Here's his ship, Thunderchild class USS Stilleto

Tactical Officer Finn Gel Hawkins and his bridge crew. :)

Hopefully you can see them all despite the forum's tendency to resize pictures. :)
last edited on June 19, 2012 4:49PM
Ozoneocean at 7:50PM, June 19, 2012
(online)
A man after my own heart. Truly!
Beautful looking starship, lovely class name too, from War Of the Worlds ^_^
And a gorgeous crew! Great uniforms. Your captain is a very lucky guy :D
Genejoke at 12:10AM, June 21, 2012
(online)
I haven't been about much of late but I hope to rectify that now as i pick up the slack on my comics as much as possible. Also after a few years being a house husband I'm rejoining the workforce next month, kind of scary but cool even if it is only part time.
bravo1102 at 2:53AM, June 21, 2012
(offline)
Genejoke wrote:
I'm rejoining the workforce next month, kind of scary but cool even if it is only part time.
Congrats on rejoining the workforce! Here's hoping it's a job like minewhere you can work on your comics in between emergencies.
Ozoneocean at 3:51AM, June 21, 2012
(online)
Genejoke wrote:
Also after a few years being a house husband…
Get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich!

Sorry, could NOT resist ^_^
bravo1102 at 4:50AM, June 21, 2012
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
Genejoke wrote:
Also after a few years being a house husband…
Get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich!

Sorry, could NOT resist ^_^
Vegemite on whole wheat coming up!
Also, could not resist ^_^
Reuben on rye, Polish mustard and a pickle.
Product Placement at 5:04AM, June 21, 2012
(online)
Lonnehart wrote:
I have yet to see the USS Thunderpants
Product Placement wrote:
tried it for couple of hours, the other day
…and it was a steamrunner class.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on June 21, 2012 5:07AM
Macattack at 11:31PM, June 21, 2012
(offline)
Went to the homepage and saw a Justin Beiber ad on the side O_o I'd be half tempted to report it as abuse to my brain, but I'm more terrified as to why Google ads thinks this is relevant to me at all O_o
Lonnehart at 1:41AM, June 22, 2012
(online)
Product Placement wrote:
…and it was a steamrunner class.

You mean something like this?

Ozoneocean at 1:50AM, June 22, 2012
(online)
If I had my way, Meebo would be the very first thing to go. No ads with java or flash should EVER be allowed on this site, That SHIT detracts from the work of the artists that this site is centred around.

If I can stuill be angry at anything about the site it's those shitty ads. I have adblocker and flashblock permanently enabled of course, so that Meebo crap can't even load at ALL (haha), but when I have to look at the site on other comps I see those ads again and see just how bad it must look to any passer by who doesn't have all the adblockers and stuff.
It's like the site has herpes or something, and the adblockers are just a paper bag you stick over your head so you don't have to look at the ravages of the disease.
Macattack at 11:24AM, June 22, 2012
(offline)
Meebo I don't find that bad. I mean I just minimize it and it pretty much leaves me alone. I'm not gonna lie though, some of the side ads seem pretty random. I mean the top bar kind of makes sense as it's usually advertising some kind of webcomic though sometimes it also touches on video games… the side bars though I get everything from pizza to corsets :P I'm allergic to tomato sauce, and corsets wouldn't look very flattering on me I don't think :P
I think once we get the main features running properly on the page again, things will start to look up. I do notice that we use a lot of Javascript on the page though that I'll admit could be better replaced with plain java. I don't know if it's still problematic but I know a bunch of people I've been talking with for help on my java assignments keep saying java is much faster than javascript.
I'm actually STARTING to understand this java stuff! The downside is my brain is now at the level it should have been 7 weeks ago… the upside is that if I can just get a little more confident in how Java works I should be able to start having fun experimenting. I think once I understand arrays properly maybe things will pick up. I'm just happy that I don't look at a page of java code and feel like I'm reading sanscript anymore :P

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon