Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA!
bravo1102 at 11:34PM, Aug. 1, 2012
(offline)
Lonnehart wrote:
Got that weird dream again… about a guy who despises law. He hates it so much that he had dedicated his life to breaking every single law everywhere. Then he's told about the law of Gravity which he CANNOT break. To prove everyone wrong he goes to a cliff, gives Mother Nature the finger, then jumps off believing he can will himself to break the law of Gravity. Then he finds out that Mother Nature can be a real bi.. er… um…

Let's just say there's a reason no one has attempted to directly defy Mother Nature.
Cue Roadrunner music. Something very similar was used in the Roadrunner cartoons. When the coyote and roadrunner go off a cliff the coyote asks the roadrunner why it doesn't fall when standing in mid air what about the law of gravity? The roadrunner replies “I never studied law”

In a later flashback cartoon the baby roadrunner hands the baby coyote a book on the Law of Gravity so the next time he runs off the cliff he does fall.

Lesson? Unless you have a battery of Star Trek script writers making up the laws of physics as they go along you can't break the laws of phsyics.
Genejoke at 2:34AM, Aug. 2, 2012
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
Tantz Aerine wrote:
Done with my DD Awards obligations… I feel so accomplished. XD
I haven't even started … so I feel so typical.
I've done some of mine. Got a lot on as usual so not getting things done as quick as I'd like.
Ozoneocean at 2:35AM, Aug. 2, 2012
(online)
Heh, so the trouble is the broader application of the word “law” and the different meaning it has for civil, community and political matters, VS its use as a description of natural phenomena, facts of life, and the abstract mathematical principals that describe and represent them.

—–

Soooo tired and sleepy today… ugh, I hate it. Sleeeeeeeeeepy.

I went indoor rockclimbing the other day for the first time ever! I've always wanted to try that.I knew it wouldn't be very hard because I lost any fear of heights years ago and can climb like a gecko.
And so it wasn't. The only issue I has was fatigue. I'm slim but not fit. I made only about 4 different climbs and one only half way because it just tired me out… But then I do tend to race up as fast as possible and not pace myself…
My reach is shorter than most of the taller men there and my grip isn't as strong or as crafty as the regulars at this stage either, so those are limiting factors on how well I can climb and how fast I get exhausted too.
-There was one stage where I had to climb horizontally along the wall for about 3 and a half meters looking for rocks I could reach to go higher!

The most fun and easy part is the way down! You get lowered on a rope harness, so now :)
When I've climbed roofs, tall tress and rocks there's never been a rope. Coming down is far, far harder in every possible way, than going up. That really is exhausting.
bravo1102 at 3:45AM, Aug. 2, 2012
(offline)
So off on another site I was described thus:
He's one of the finest, grumpiest most cynical people in the known universe.
I like it.
Ozoneocean at 9:25AM, Aug. 2, 2012
(online)
Skulbie and Comic Fury?
JUst a shot in the dark there…

You know one of the things I think when doing Mecha battle scenes in my comic?
-WWBD: What Would Bravo Do. It's become my way of scaling back on the silly hollywoodisims of hyper massive explosions… not making weaponry more powerful than it should be, thinking about the structural strength and armour of my mecha like they were real tanklike machines.

Still highly unrealistic of course, in every single way possible, but it does make things better by having that voice make me rethink things a bit.
bravo1102 at 12:42AM, Aug. 3, 2012
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
Skulbie and Comic Fury?
JUst a shot in the dark there…

You know one of the things I think when doing Mecha battle scenes in my comic?
-WWBD: What Would Bravo Do. It's become my way of scaling back on the silly hollywoodisims of hyper massive explosions…
Not Skulbie but Ironscarf's current incarnation. He's been reinventing himself ala the old TV series the Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin.I mentioned my current economic straits and he said it.

The only inner creative voice I have left is Jay Sherman who constantly repeats “IT STINKS!” My muse has abandoned me because I took to ignoring her as I didn't want to keep running around scribbling new ideas for new stories all the time when I have the current piece of garbage to wade through.
Ozoneocean at 8:34AM, Aug. 3, 2012
(online)
Scarf… hmm.

I dunno why, but by about 9 at night at the moment, I get deathly fatigued… often a lot earlier. I seem to need waaaay more sleep at the moment.
Even going to bed at the super early time of 12 or 130am doesn't work! Lucky it's the weekend, I can sleep in tomorrow!

Current page of pinky TA is going very well. It's over 4 thousand pixels wide and 20 thousand high… It's a large page. It'll be shrunk to a bit less than a quarter of that size when it's done though.
Still the numbers are one thing I have to brag about since that's probably the most significant thing about the page at the stage, apart from it being a fitting end to the chapter and a good end to the series, for now.
Lonnehart at 7:17PM, Aug. 3, 2012
(online)
Started playing Mass Effect again, starting with the original ME1. Again with my version of Shepard… the guy who tragically lost his family during a Batarian raid, then nearly his entire unit on Akuze. Going Renegade should be fun. After all… he's lost everything, therefore he has nothing to lose. Right?

I guess I should say this about stories like Mass Effect. A good beginning and a good ending might be great for a story, but it's the journey from beginning to end that is the most interesting thing about the story. The things a character goes through, the decisions he/she makes… and all of this goes into what decides what ending a character will get in a story. It's just… interesting…
last edited on Aug. 3, 2012 7:21PM
Ozoneocean at 10:39PM, Aug. 7, 2012
(online)
Lonne- that's a long road to walk down.

————

I've been mildly down for a few days now, but keeping to myself has helped a lot.
Lonnehart at 3:10AM, Aug. 8, 2012
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
Lonne- that's a long road to walk down.

————

I've been mildly down for a few days now, but keeping to myself has helped a lot.
I agree. Especially with all three games. Just finished the first game though at level 59. And also finished getting Solus in ME2. I'm pretty sure all three Mass Effect games put together equals one long Final Fantasy game… could be longer though…
PIT_FACE at 6:12AM, Aug. 8, 2012
(online)
another t-rex dream last night….i've been having these things randomly for 20 years now….and they dont get any better….(shakely reaches for coffee)

Niccea at 7:00AM, Aug. 8, 2012
(offline)
Holy crap monkeys what a busy week. I got a 15 page research paper due at the end of the day tomorrow (luckily I'm spliting it with a partner, but she lives on the otherside of the state so it isn't like we can meet up and put our heads together). I would have 7.5 pages to be responsible for and I have one done. So yeah. The reason more is not done is the fact that:

Monday: I had to go to work for a couple of hours (wasn't planning on it) and my Beetle broke down. I spent more time trying to get it to work than working on the paper. Also, to top it all off my husband comes home early, sick.

Tuesday: Hubby was still sick. I made him take the day off. So, we went and ran some important errands that were time senetive. And then, I went and sat for my lisence exam to be a Health, Life, and Accident insurance agent. (I passed).

Today, the Bug is still busted and I need to go into work to get some paperwork done. It will be a miracle if this paper gets done in time. (At least most of the research is done, I just have to write it). The only good news is, I spent Monday doing my Accounting homework so I don't have to worry about that too.
Ozoneocean at 7:22AM, Aug. 8, 2012
(online)
PIT_FACE wrote:
another t-rex dream last night….i've been having these things randomly for 20 years now….and they dont get any better….(shakely reaches for coffee)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-UzarFCmPM ??

Well, they were one of the original Glam Rock bands so L can sorta see that… with you and your thrash leanings. They must be terrifying. (hehe)

@Niccea- Google docs? Makes collab work so much easier. Many times Skool and I and Banes and I have worked on documents simultaneously. :)
Niccea at 1:48PM, Aug. 8, 2012
(offline)
My partner didn't want to learn how to use them. I had that idea too.
Ozoneocean at 10:55PM, Aug. 8, 2012
(online)
“learn” ???????? 0_o
All that's required is a Google account. Nothing to learn…
Google docs are like a super basic basic basic version of MS Word. :/
bravo1102 at 12:41AM, Aug. 9, 2012
(offline)
I see T-rex dreams as more along the lines of Weird Al's version of MacArthur Park: Jurassic park.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh4zvQfDhi0

Reducing a nightmare to claymation ridiculousness is one cure for the nightmare.
Ozoneocean at 1:04AM, Aug. 9, 2012
(online)
@Bravo-
The best bit on the page is this friken awesome racist comment by a nutjob:

"There is no conversation just me stating the factual truth, which will be realized in 2 years.

Aryans are humans every1 else is just a humape, a human lookalike
that is just another stupid ape artificially evolved to look like us.
They do not hav our cunning, our intellect, our knowledge, our spiritual
superiority, they don't grasp what language is, and they're parasites.
There is many more but that's irrelevant. Arayans will be saved every1 else will fail.

Ahahahahahahahaha! By a guy called KaxakaDarktree.
The comments on his channel are just as funny: http://www.youtube.com/user/KaxakaDarktree (he likes Linkin Park so that sort of explains it…)

In the imortal words of Bugs: “What a maroon!”
last edited on Aug. 9, 2012 1:06AM
bravo1102 at 1:13AM, Aug. 9, 2012
(offline)
And another nightmare that was relieved by a bit of ridiculousness
Kosovo lip synched by those Norwegian soldiers back in 1999.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu8Iotgll8A
“Call me Maybe” lip synched by US Marines in Afghanistan (some Navy and Army personnel snuck in there too.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2ySHSTEzjQ
Lonnehart at 1:24AM, Aug. 9, 2012
(online)
*whew* Thank goodness I got my left inner tire rod replaced. Months ago when the ball jointbroke on that wheel it also damaged both inner and outer tire rods. The damage to the inner tire rod made itself known to me when my wheel started vibrating while I drove.

Pulled that sucker out and saw how loose it was… It probably wouldn't have lasted another week in the state it was in. Good thing I was able to find a “cheap” replacement… it's made in Taiwan… for $30 (unlike the Japanese one which is $160). Now my mind feels a bit more peaceful… :)

Yes… it's the part of the tire rod that connects to the Rack and Pinion assembly. :)
last edited on Aug. 9, 2012 1:25AM
Ironscarf at 2:41AM, Aug. 9, 2012
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
Scarf… hmm.

Can I have that one for my curriculum vitae?
Ozoneocean at 3:35AM, Aug. 9, 2012
(online)
I'll give you enough for a musical! ;)

——

Last night I dreamed I was working on the side as what is politely termed as a “gigolo”… for professional ladies in their 50s. It wasn't too sexy, but I did the job well.

When I woke up I was heartbroken that i didn't have any of the money I'd earned! ;_:
Plus, that was a nice little earner, all tax free, cash in hand. I miss that dream prossie job. :(
bravo1102 at 4:10AM, Aug. 9, 2012
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
@Bravo-

"There is no conversation just me stating the factual truth, which will be realized in 2 years.

Aryans are humans every1 else is just a humape, …
The comments on his channel are just as funny: http://www.youtube.com/user/KaxakaDarktree (he likes Linkin Park so that sort of explains it…)

You know I listen to idiots like that expound on their idears on Coast to Coast AM at least three nights out of seven. But what does that have to do with Weird Al and Jurassic Park?

Don't tell me the usual mindless Young Earth Creationists stuff who have no clue about anything. Dinosaurs on Noah's Ark and the like.
Niccea at 9:30AM, Aug. 9, 2012
(offline)
Trust me,. I would do docs if it would do better for my paper. But it has to be in APA format which is hard enough to do in Word. So it is easier on formatting if we do it this way, sadly. I'm so tired. I got 5 of my 7 1/2 pages done, but I don't have her stuff in yet and I still have to do final looks and formatting and submit it by the end of the day (11:59).
Genejoke at 9:59AM, Aug. 9, 2012
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
@Bravo-

Aryans are humans every1 else is just a humape, a human lookalike
that is just another stupid ape artificially evolved to look like us.
They do not hav our cunning, our intellect, our knowledge, our spiritual
superiority, they don't grasp what language is, and they're parasites.
There is many more but that's irrelevant. Arayans will be saved every1 else will fail.

That's hilarious, although I don't see how his taste in music reflects that, not like linkin park are white power nut jobs or anything like that.
skoolmunkee at 2:27PM, Aug. 9, 2012
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
Scarf… hmm.

I dunno why, but by about 9 at night at the moment, I get deathly fatigued… often a lot earlier. I seem to need waaaay more sleep at the moment.
Same here! I can't figure out why in the last 3 weeks or so I seem to need 2-3 more hours of sleep a day to feel refreshed. I've been having a lot more dreams than usual too. Maybe they're related, like I'm not sleeping as deeply or something. Anyway it's not that big a deal, but it gets to the point where, like today, sometimes I'll sit down to do something (like DD awards judging) and I'll just konk out and wake up hours later. >:[ I guess I need to increase the coffee intake temporarily…
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Ozoneocean at 9:07AM, Aug. 11, 2012
(online)
Yeah, sleeping earlier fixes things… But it's very anoying. I hate havong to finish up what I'm doing and get to bed at 12 on the dot. I do feel beter during the day and at work, but it's harder on my creative work which doesn't really kick off till at leat 9pm :(

———–

Quackcast 90 was done today. The BIG 90!!!! With Noelle Dreves (Strange Case, Shylock Holmes, Dangermoth…) and Skoolmunkee! Women and webcomics. Many interesting topics were discussed.
The recording was done at 7am my time though- my brain does not function at its best till the evening. well, the afternoon at least. At that time in the moring I am not too coherent.
Terminal at 10:36AM, Aug. 11, 2012
(online)
Lonnehart wrote:
The damage to the inner tire rod made itself known to me when my wheel started vibrating while I drove.
I'm coming down from my Overlooking Tree Branch of Awesometo sympathize. My vehicle's wheel both vibrates and pulls to the left. And the leather is peeling off… and the celling lining is slowly coming apart.
Froggtreecomics at 10:45AM, Aug. 12, 2012
(offline)
A whole summer nearly of being drained of any desire to make comics, what with one thing and another.
gullas at 5:12AM, Aug. 13, 2012
(offline)
skreem wrote:
A whole summer nearly of being drained of any desire to make comics, what with one thing and another.
At least your summer isn't being spent inside, during the heatwave, cleaning machines and smelling like a fish. But eh, sure beats prostitution by far :D
Lonnehart at 2:36PM, Aug. 13, 2012
(online)
gullas wrote:
skreem wrote:
At least your summer isn't being spent inside, during the heatwave, cleaning machines and smelling like a fish. But eh, sure beats prostitution by far :D
Wait… you were a…?!?

um… nevermind…

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon