Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA!
bravo1102 at 11:56AM, Sept. 9, 2012
(offline)
gullas wrote:
bravo1102 wrote:
As long as WNEW 102.7FM plays rock, rock will live… oh wait they're hip hop now. Yeah , Rock is dead, rock is dead… LONG live ROCK

I meant this forum. Everyone has flown to greener and gayer climes and we few, we happy few… yeah right.

Screw Harkovast, read Robofemoids.

We prefer the term unorthadox. It's only heresy if you're orthadox. I'm not so it's not heresy.
Screw Harkovast, read Robofemoids. It gots nekkid dollz.
Ozoneocean at 2:19AM, Sept. 10, 2012
(online)
Heresy is better than hearsay at least. They were a fricken AWFUL group!

Ironscarf wrote:
If ever a scene deserved to become an animated movie, this is it.
One person at least used to call me “Froggy” back in highschool…

Tantz Aerine wrote:
Shooting has started of a short action and espionage film that I wrote the script for! Eeeeeee! I'm so happy and it looks already very promising! :D
Yay! Congrats Tantz, that's really cool news!

—————-

This is something for Skool and Lonne- Behold, Pinky Shepard:

gullas at 4:45AM, Sept. 10, 2012
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:

Woa, your Pinky looks just like a younger version of one of my teachers! A bit scary…
same at 8:46AM, Sept. 10, 2012
(online)
I've spent the past while gathering work together to get into a graphic design course. Now that I got accepted and filled out loan forms I've just realized… I haven't got a damn clue what I want to do with it.
Ozoneocean at 9:08PM, Sept. 10, 2012
(online)
Use the time to play around with all those computers and programs the school lets you have access to and create something cool. :)

————

I stayed up till 5am getting the Quackcast edited down last night… It should be pretty funny. :)
We tried to do a good job on the chracter intros though and not be funny or silly with those unless the scripts called for it, like with Get up and Go. Banes did a cool one for that.
Ayes' one for Toa of Kenji was a cool funny interpretation too.

ANyway, I'm really buggered. So, so tired. :(
Ozoneocean at 4:50AM, Sept. 11, 2012
(online)
OK, it's up!
http://www.drunkduck.com/quackcast/episode-94-character-intro-webcomic-special/

People's characters speaking with their own voices! So very amazingly cool :)
ayesinback at 10:39AM, Sept. 11, 2012
(online)
@PIT_FACE and @Kroatz: Happy Birthday! Hope it's a great one for ya.

@ozoneocean: Thanks! It was much fun, and all the intros/pitches made for a great Quackcast. So who was Pinky? skool? Bianca?

Re the forum being dead - well, not quite dead, but one bonk by the collector of the dead (“Bring out yer dead. Bring out yer dead … ”) should efficiently finish it off. Very cool, tho, seeing posts from Ironscarf and Same - or is that a zombie thing? Maybe it is - theyz comin back when the site is all sickly, ready to lure us into a trap. Cuz they're tricksy like that.

dunno

I've been outside now that the weather has become fantastic, trying to salvage what remains of a very weed-infested garden. And the garden looks far better than the lawn, or should I say meadow.

it's always something
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on Sept. 11, 2012 10:42AM
Tantz_Aerine at 12:14PM, Sept. 11, 2012
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
Use the time to play around with all those computers and programs the school lets you have access to and create something cool. :)

————

I stayed up till 5am getting the Quackcast edited down last night… It should be pretty funny. :)
We tried to do a good job on the chracter intros though and not be funny or silly with those unless the scripts called for it, like with Get up and Go. Banes did a cool one for that.
Ayes' one for Toa of Kenji was a cool funny interpretation too.

ANyway, I'm really buggered. So, so tired. :(
That was just HILARIOUS! I do hope you guys do something like this again. Maybe ask people to write for their characters according to specific themes or occasions. That would be very interesting too.
PIT_FACE at 1:13PM, Sept. 11, 2012
(online)
yeah!! as a matter of fact, didnt you mention something about making the character thing ongoing?
and thank you Ayes!!! so far it is a pretty sweet one. B-)

bravo1102 at 8:39PM, Sept. 11, 2012
(offline)
So many directions to go with something like that, how about a Meeting of the Minds kind of thing where characters discuss themselves and their predicaments and converse with each other.

Put Pinky in group therapy with some of the others in there. It could be a riot or it could be an insightful workshop.

Talk about tired, I mowed the lawn and when finished the whole body screamed. Yeech.
Ozoneocean at 8:46PM, Sept. 11, 2012
(online)
Yep, it'd be wonderful to do more and Tantz's suggestion of characters talking on themes is a good one. - It gives people a chance to write in interesting ways for their comics and expand on their character personalities a bit, I like it :D

@Ayes - Yep, that was Bianka, Hahah, I'll get her angrier for the next reading I think. There was a big smile in her voice this time ^_^
Skool did Cc.

If anyone wanted they could even write a short play script for their characters… The one Ayes read out was sort of like that. Having characters talking to each other is cool!

Yeah so, it should be easy to do, as long as it's not too long and as it's all speech, not needing any narration or set up, it will work great!
Ozoneocean at 9:45PM, Sept. 11, 2012
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
So many directions to go with something like that, how about a Meeting of the Minds kind of thing where characters discuss themselves and their predicaments and converse with each other.
Put Pinky in group therapy with some of the others in there. It could be a riot or it could be an insightful workshop.
Ya, it's interesting.
The challenge, I think, is to keep the characters rooted in their comic contexts and not take them too far out of that… I think.

I'm just feeling my way with that, I'm not a 100% on it, but my instinct is that unless a character is bigger than their comic (like Batman or Superman or Snoopy or whatever), then out of context stuff might not work too well.
i.e. the comic context is the reason for the character's existence and why you'd care about them etc. They ARE their world, not separate.

A character like Batman takes his world with him because we know him that well, but a lot of web-comic characters are orphaned without it, just a part of the mechanism of a larger machine that can't well on their own.

TLDR:
Webcomic characters need background info setups if they're going to be pulled from their comics.
Anyway, those two scenarios you suggest sound cool, especially because they'll be referencing their situations and backgrounds.
Ozoneocean at 7:26AM, Sept. 12, 2012
(online)
Computer crash due to a hard drive issue. The Pinky TA file I was working on corrupted. My backup from last night is A-OK but I still lost all tonight's work. :(

Might have to finally get a new machine. Replacing that HD is no problem at all for me, just hassle and bother, but I don't want to keep fixing stuff constantly and I want more power anyway. This comp is at the end of its use by date for my main working machine now.

I just wish I had more cash!!!!! I don't want to keep having to scrounge into my fricken savings for stuff! UGH! As soon as I start saving more again, a friend needs help and there's $600 gone, or $200 to help another… then bills and bills… And money owed me that's never going to be paid ever.

Maybe it's time to work full time again for a while… Or finally crank on with my new website and get serious about freelancing again? :(

I hate money so much.
Tantz_Aerine at 12:24PM, Sept. 12, 2012
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:

I hate money so much.
You're not the only one…

On the quackcast with comic characters note, I agree with you that taking each character out of their setting is at least risky. Besides if the point is to advertise the comics the characters come from, it would be best to see them in their comics' setting. And there's so much fun to be had if everyone just writes them on just one theme, like ‘write your character describing their pet hates’ or ‘write their character being frustrated’ or ‘write your character being high’ or some such thing. :D
Lonnehart at 12:51PM, Sept. 12, 2012
(online)
The hassle of having to replace the hard drive. Installing everything again… what a major headache… sometimes it's a day long headache.

As for friends needing help, you gotta turn them away at some point. ESPECIALLY if you're the one who's gonna hurt worse at the end. Then again I'm an idiot… I've helped people out in the past, but when it's my turn to ask for help they turn their backs to me…

Opened a Facebook account. Just for family though. My father's in the hospital and I have yet to recieve word on how he's doing. I figure I'll get a facebook account to keep in touch with the family at least. I'll try not to post anything too revealing though… I've heard that companies hire dataminers to poke into Facebook to find info about you before hiring/firing you. And even the so called “protections” that Facebook puts up to keep your info private can be broken by said dataminers…
Katch at 3:52PM, Sept. 12, 2012
(offline)
Deleted everything I had here sans my bunnies, school is driving me crazy, but at least I can save the people here from the terribad art i used to do XD
I'll make new things, better things, and they wont hurt your eyes XD yay
Something goes here
Ozoneocean at 7:49PM, Sept. 12, 2012
(online)
@ Tantz - Agreed! I'll make a new thread for that for future quackcasts. :)

@ Lonne - fortunately that HD isn't the one with the OS on it or the rest of the programs, so replacing it isn't too hard. I made the decision early on to do all my work on the secondary drive and back up my art to the other one. I've always had at least two physical drives… I don't get how partitioning is a good idea- it's just a way to organise files, maybe 50% (or whatever) on either “drive”, but if it fails you're 100% buggered. :(

@ Katch - no more Mer? It'd be great to get your Nu and Meh template back to its old look, or at least close to it :)
last edited on Sept. 12, 2012 8:07PM
Lonnehart at 10:52PM, Sept. 12, 2012
(online)
II learned the hard way when my partitioned hard drive died. That was long ago. Now I have two physical drives. The older one is always the system drive. This way I only lose the system and not all the data I've saved/downloaded. It's worked for me so far. But I'm tempted to buy yet another HD and put it in storage. just in case…
Ozoneocean at 8:30AM, Sept. 14, 2012
(online)
Put it in an enclosure. :)
That way it's easy to backup or transfer stuff from your comp or to any other without opening your case.

It's apparently not a great idea to jab around in your mouth with a sharp toothpick, especially when you're distracted admiring its reflection on your shiny shiny filling.
I jabbed the wrong place and filled my mouth with blood.

sooooo, flossing… yeah.

Oh, and I finally watched “Mean Girls”. So that's that Lindsey Lohan girl people were wanking on about a few years ago…? I always wondered why she was famous. I still don't really get it.
Gawd I hate movies with teens… At least it had that very hot Lizzy Caplan from Party Down… and she was apparently 22 when she made that film so it's ok to find her hot :)
Katch at 5:37PM, Sept. 14, 2012
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
@ Tantz - Agreed! I'll make a new thread for that for future quackcasts. :)

@ Lonne - fortunately that HD isn't the one with the OS on it or the rest of the programs, so replacing it isn't too hard. I made the decision early on to do all my work on the secondary drive and back up my art to the other one. I've always had at least two physical drives… I don't get how partitioning is a good idea- it's just a way to organise files, maybe 50% (or whatever) on either “drive”, but if it fails you're 100% buggered. :(

@ Katch - no more Mer? It'd be great to get your Nu and Meh template back to its old look, or at least close to it :)

Yeah, sadly no more Mer~ I lost the feelings that were driving me to write and draw it, so i really couldnt continue anyway =<
But I can start working on bunnies again and come up with something new ^^
Something goes here
Ozoneocean at 4:09AM, Sept. 16, 2012
(online)
Sadly? Ha! That's actually good though because those feelings came from pretty dark place :)
Lonnehart at 7:15PM, Sept. 16, 2012
(online)
With all the stuff going on in the news, this question pops up in my mind again…

What would happen if America, being fed up with trying to help people only to be attacked by those same people says “enough is enough”, and decides to use its tech to colonize Mars and the asteroid belt and totally leave Earth behind. America takes the nations that have stood steadfastly by it during those times and helps them settle into their new homes in space, and leaves behind the nations that want her to go away. In a few years the space colonies have grown prosperous with their high speed , space agriculture and terreforming technologies.

Do you suppose the nations left behind on Earth will try to follow anddestroy the colonies in space because they have no one else but each other to focus their anger on? Will the Earth be the same without those nations that left? If the Earth ends up in a very sorry state after those nations have left would the people on earth blame the space colonies for their condition?

Yeah… I ask questions like these when I'm sure that the powers on Earth are on the verge of destroying each other…
Ozoneocean at 9:02PM, Sept. 16, 2012
(online)
Help? Umm… hahaha, that reminds me of how the British used to think back in the 19th century and the early 20th century- the days of the old imperial colonialism.

Naw Lonne, when you're dominant, you have a tendency to style yourself as a benign benefactor and act all patriarchal.
There's this fiction that countries like that create- I am the helper, the leader, all others are there for me to “help” or to support me, because I am a natural leader. Those that don't support me and don't want my help are my enemies and very evil people.

It's a 100% false self serving narrative and is repeated like a fractal down to the smallest level- countries that are merely dominant in their own region think that way too, ruling politicians think that way, rich people everywhere, CEOs, parents, even silly admins of forums like me can fall into that trap pretty easily. ^_^
bravo1102 at 11:53PM, Sept. 16, 2012
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:

It's a 100% false self serving narrative and is repeated like a fractal down to the smallest level- countries that are merely dominant in their own region think that way too, ruling politicians think that way, rich people everywhere, CEOs, parents, even silly admins of forums like me can fall into that trap pretty easily. ^_^
Not 100%. Nothing is 100%. Even a self-serving narrative has a tiny sliver of truth once upon a time probably in a specific place and time that is then stretched over everything, everywhere. It's really sad.

Today was the 18th Wedding Anniversary and life is great. I'm lucky to have married such a special person and the relationship has just grown stronger. And whenever a crack appears it's not too hard to fix.
ayesinback at 5:36AM, Sept. 17, 2012
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
Today was the 18th Wedding Anniversary and life is great. I'm lucky to have married such a special person and the relationship has just grown stronger. And whenever a crack appears it's not too hard to fix.

CONGRATS! How lovely, and no doubt the Mrs entirely reciprocates those sentiments. :)

@oz - Perhaps they are self-serving, but I, for one, have been fortunate enough to have encountered many people who otherwise seem to like helping others. For one example, over the years maybe a half dozen people changed my flat tire and then drove away never to be seen again - hit, help, and run, fractal types.
PIT_FACE at 6:24AM, Sept. 17, 2012
(online)
AARRGGHH!COFFEE!AH~HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

Ozoneocean at 6:36AM, Sept. 17, 2012
(online)
@ Bravo- Congrats man!!!

@ Ayes - I don't mean “Helpers”, but patriarchs.
When you're in a position of power, responsibility, or influence it's so easy to fall into a patriarchal role. It's not a good role. (When helping changes to “father knows best”)
PIT_FACE wrote:
AARRGGHH!COFFEE!AH~HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!
Get that woman coffeeeee, STAT! 200cc!!!
ayesinback at 7:41AM, Sept. 17, 2012
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
@ Ayes - I don't mean “Helpers”, but patriarchs.
When you're in a position of power, responsibility, or influence it's so easy to fall into a patriarchal role. It's not a good role. (When helping changes to “father knows best”)
———————————-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wznjAhZ0eWc

FRANKINCENSE THIS TEXT WRITER!!!!!!!!!! (too many edits needed to just get a quote and a link straight - mega meh)
last edited on Sept. 17, 2012 7:48AM
Lonnehart at 9:31PM, Sept. 17, 2012
(online)
Okay… the latest episode of Transformers Prime has me freaked out. A human grafted into the dead body of a Cybertronian… Not sure to be happy for the evil human for gaining a new body after his old one was nearly destroyed, or to be angry at him for desecrating the corpse of an alien being… Kinda like a half alive corpse… eww…
he gets his at the end though… Megatron has him dissected by the former friend of the body the evil human is inhabiting. No doubt he's not going to survive the process… and the friend of the desecrated transformer's corpse is going to enjoy dissecting for science… though Megatron's study of “the human factor” may spell doom for the rest of the humans in the show…

If you' curious, you can watch it via this link, though there's no telling how long the link will work as Youtube has this habit of deleting them…
last edited on Sept. 17, 2012 9:34PM
Ozoneocean at 9:52AM, Sept. 18, 2012
(online)
Sounds pretty icky… :/

——–

People, you HVE to hear Bane's song in the latest Quackcast!!!! http://www.drunkduck.com/quackcast/episode-95-kawaii-daigakusei-confidential/

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon