General Discussion

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA!
gullas at 9:55AM, Oct. 14, 2012
(online)
posts: 2,308
joined: 11-14-2007
am watching Baumgartner's jump attempt. too bad I´m also looking at a forum discussion about it and people are ape**ing over there, and it's actually more fun to watch that than the jump. Well only 30 mins left till he jumps….
Tantz Aerine at 8:24AM, Oct. 16, 2012
(online)
posts: 1,618
joined: 10-11-2006
Got my first (and I think only) tattoo today :) Looks great!
 
bravo1102 at 1:51PM, Oct. 16, 2012
(online)
posts: 3,361
joined: 1-21-2008
Photography on Battle of the Robofemoids has wrapped!  At 4:35 PM EST I took the final picture.  Yahoo!

And for some unfathomable reason I'm collecting costumes and figures for Star Trek and Planet of the Apes.  Maybe there's some crossovers in the future.  
Lonnehart at 5:37PM, Oct. 16, 2012
(online)
posts: 2,593
joined: 3-16-2006
Got that weird story idea in my head again.   Basically the world has become infested with Romero type zombies (basically thanks to a satellite dumping radiation onto the Earth everyone becomes a zombie after dying, no matter what).  But in space on an asteroid brought to circle the Earth are the last 33,000 or so “normal” people left.  Thanks to the Sun's purifying light these people won't become zombies after dying and any zombies that somehow become exposed to it return to being normal dead corpses.
 
And of course there is this zombie cult who believes that zombie-ism is the next step to mankind's evolution and they want EVERYONE to embrace it.  They have somehow smuggled themselves onto the asteroid and are researching ways to stop the sun from purifying the remnants of Humanity and allow zombies to exist in space, and the protagonist has to figure out how to stop this from happening…
 
and this was an idea I had for a Visual Novel… :)
gullas at 8:47PM, Oct. 16, 2012
(online)
posts: 2,308
joined: 11-14-2007
Lonnehart wrote:
Got that weird story idea in my head again.   Basically the world has become infested with Romero type zombies (basically thanks to a satellite dumping radiation onto the Earth everyone becomes a zombie after dying, no matter what).  But in space on an asteroid brought to circle the Earth are the last 33,000 or so “normal” people left.  Thanks to the Sun's purifying light these people won't become zombies after dying and any zombies that somehow become exposed to it return to being normal dead corpses.
 
And of course there is this zombie cult who believes that zombie-ism is the next step to mankind's evolution and they want EVERYONE to embrace it.  They have somehow smuggled themselves onto the asteroid and are researching ways to stop the sun from purifying the remnants of Humanity and allow zombies to exist in space, and the protagonist has to figure out how to stop this from happening…
 
and this was an idea I had for a Visual Novel… :)
ಠ_ಠ
 
ozoneocean at 9:08AM, Oct. 17, 2012
(online)
posts: 25,056
joined: 1-2-2004
ಠ_ಠ
 
 
 
I love that face :) 
So, I finally have my new computer. It works noice. But it's funny having a pretty, ultra thin, sleek laptop with a bazillion different things plugged into it. I'm happy as well that I finally got a damn adapter so I can plug my Cintiq into it! I've been having to use my old Graphire 4.
 
Plus I got masef a new phone - a Samsung Galaxy Note II. It's so humongous I ad to have my penis removed so it would fit in my pocket… But it doesn't matter cause I have a big phone. ;)
Ack-t-you-all-ee, I got it because it has a pressure sensitive Wacom pen. It's excellent for drawing!
 
 Not trying to brag. This is just stuff I've needed and I've finally been able to get after saving for it. ^_^

 
ozoneocean at 9:39PM, Oct. 17, 2012
(online)
posts: 25,056
joined: 1-2-2004
Headache pills I took this morning were freaking strong in the painkiller stakes.
Working while drugged and spacey is damn hard and unpleasent. Waaay better than being in pain of course, but everything takes so long because I forget what I'm doing or try to work out how to do complex stuff all over again… stuff than I normally know extremely well.
 
If I was doing art this state would be perfect. :(
 
Lonnehart at 1:38AM, Oct. 18, 2012
(online)
posts: 2,593
joined: 3-16-2006
It's nice to have brand new gear.  You know it's not gonna fail on you anytime soon.  And I hope you get that problem fixed, Ozone.  I don't know what's worse… working while under the influence of meds, or working under the influence of pain…
 
Started playing Champions Online because City of Heroes is nearly gone… its servers will close at the end of November.  And I've recreated a character of mine in the game who I had in City of Heroes…
Well… mostly…
 
Firilis Blade
same at 9:52PM, Oct. 20, 2012
(online)
posts: 2,506
joined: 8-3-2008
“Day 5: They still don't suspect a thing.”
ozoneocean at 8:07PM, Oct. 21, 2012
(online)
posts: 25,056
joined: 1-2-2004
Hahaha you crazy ducker! ^_^
 
I spent all weekend lying on the couch and drawing a pic with my new phone with its fancy pen:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-dY_GPU7i7qw/UIShpvako4I/AAAAAAAAA-Y/vZ4BB69x_A0/s1072/Sketch2102162.png
 
Then I went to a dance club with a friend late on Saturday night… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BErzse-1AjU
 
On Sunday I was on the couch drawing again of course- till the hilarious Quackcast I did with Colonel Banes in the library with the lead pipe.
 
Lonnehart at 2:14AM, Oct. 22, 2012
(online)
posts: 2,593
joined: 3-16-2006
I think ll try this when I have time… create a Pinky TA “hero” in Champions online and take screenshots of it but not go all the way through the creation process.  Gotta be respectful towards the creator, y'know.  :)
same at 2:37AM, Oct. 22, 2012
(online)
posts: 2,506
joined: 8-3-2008
ozoneocean wrote:
Hahaha you crazy ducker! ^_^
 
I spent all weekend lying on the couch and drawing a pic with my new phone with its fancy pen:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-dY_GPU7i7qw/UIShpvako4I/AAAAAAAAA-Y/vZ4BB69x_A0/s1072/Sketch2102162.png
 
I must know what phone this is.
ozoneocean at 6:02AM, Oct. 22, 2012
(online)
posts: 25,056
joined: 1-2-2004
Here's the final version:
https://twitter.com/Ozoneocean/status/260257519958638592/photo/1/large
Finished! Woot!
@Same- Samsung Galaxy Note 2, using Sketchbook Mobile by Autodesk. Waaaay cheaper than a Cintiq, way smaller too, but a hell of a lot more versitile. :)
 
@ Lonne- that would be very flattering!
 
Lonnehart at 6:01PM, Oct. 22, 2012
(online)
posts: 2,593
joined: 3-16-2006
Well… this is as close as I could get to creatint Pinky TA.  :)
 


ozoneocean at 7:57PM, Oct. 22, 2012
(online)
posts: 25,056
joined: 1-2-2004
That's awesome Lonnehart! Amazing work. She looks great!
 
PIT_FACE at 7:25AM, Oct. 23, 2012
(online)
posts: 2,591
joined: 4-21-2007
someone stole her Aquanet!
same at 10:59AM, Oct. 23, 2012
(online)
posts: 2,506
joined: 8-3-2008
The forums aren't as alive as they used to be.
@Oz. I'll have to get this phone. My graphics tablet isn't doing it for me at all anymore and my android tablet doesn't work with a stylus. Drawing with my finger on it seems rediculous. I feel like I'm finger painting. What are the touch to responce times like? My LG optimus is laggy as frig.
Product Placement at 1:50PM, Oct. 23, 2012
(online)
posts: 7,078
joined: 10-18-2007
Hah! This is hilarious. I'm actualy typing this on my Xbox. It's terrible to type long text with, so I think I'll stick with the good old keyboard on my PC.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
ozoneocean at 10:21PM, Oct. 23, 2012
(online)
posts: 25,056
joined: 1-2-2004
same wrote:
@Oz. I'll have to get this phone. My graphics tablet isn't doing it for me at all anymore and my android tablet doesn't work with a stylus. Drawing with my finger on it seems rediculous. I feel like I'm finger painting. What are the touch to responce times like? My LG optimus is laggy as frig.
 
 
Touch response is excellent because the phone has 2 gig of ram so it's very fast. Touch drawing with tablets is very tricky… unintuitive too because the lines need to be thinner than the mark a finger would normally make, if you want to have any level of detail.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is the tablet sized option that comes with a pen… seems a little flimsy though.
 
The screen is 5.5 inches so you'll need deep pockets in your trousers… Lucky all mine are, even on my tighter jeans. A while ago I increased the size of my jeans pockets for travel, so I'm all set :)
 
They say there are smarter styluses you can get for the ipad tablets now that can do detail or maybe even pressure, but you'd really have to test them. Obviously there's no pen digitizer tech in the ipad so pressure styluses will have to use bluetooth to connect and require app support to work correctly and other issues like not being able to tell hand or finger presses from pen touches… So that's not going to be the ideal was to go till Apple makes a deal with Wacom like the other guys- I doubt they ever will though.
On the upside there the newer ipads have a very high res so your drawing area should be a lot larger. -not the ipad mini though that has a lower res than the Note 2.
 
bravo1102 at 7:29AM, Oct. 24, 2012
(online)
posts: 3,361
joined: 1-21-2008
The forums are beyond dead but at least are free of the worthless flotsum and jetsom found elsewhere.

Though one wonders what it will take to lure all the expatriates back.  Not that they are so alive and full of brilliance on the other sites just that there are tons of posts, so much being typed and yet nothing is being said.

Would one rather have nothing being said or so much being said that means nothing.
Tantz Aerine at 1:18PM, Oct. 24, 2012
(online)
posts: 1,618
joined: 10-11-2006
Three elements, I think: the duck alerter. the comic stats and the capacity to add code.
 
Lonnehart at 2:07PM, Oct. 24, 2012
(online)
posts: 2,593
joined: 3-16-2006
So they're making a Transformers Prime figure of Unicron.  You know… in the 80s he transfomred into a giant planet that ate other planets.  What does he transform into in Transformers Prime?  A volcano with his face on it.  Given that he IS the planet Earth in this series, it could be appropriate.
 
Reminds me of those photos of that volcano with the evil face erupting in Iceland.  Maybe Unicron really does exist?  O_O
gullas at 6:09PM, Oct. 24, 2012
(online)
posts: 2,308
joined: 11-14-2007
Lonnehart wrote:
So they're making a Transformers Prime figure of Unicron.  You know… in the 80s he transfomred into a giant planet that ate other planets.  What does he transform into in Transformers Prime?  A volcano with his face on it.  Given that he IS the planet Earth in this series, it could be appropriate.
 
Reminds me of those photos of that volcano with the evil face erupting in Iceland.  Maybe Unicron really does exist?  O_O
Nah man, only elves and sh!t…
ozoneocean at 8:18PM, Oct. 24, 2012
(online)
posts: 25,056
joined: 1-2-2004
And trolls.
 
gullas at 9:02PM, Oct. 24, 2012
(online)
posts: 2,308
joined: 11-14-2007
ozoneocean wrote:
And trolls.
Norwegian or Icelandic? The latter is more like a ogre while the norwegian one is small and has a tail…
bravo1102 at 4:46AM, Oct. 25, 2012
(online)
posts: 3,361
joined: 1-21-2008
Tantz Aerine wrote:
Three elements, I think: the duck alerter. the comic stats and the capacity to add code.
I've always hated message alerts.  I'll check my messages when I'm good and ready.  I check them regularly but I don't need some annoying box popping up screaming about messages I probably don't want to read.
There's a negative way to view any of these things.  People are assholes and just want to go where everyone else goes.  So Joe Wanna-be picks up and leaves because he/she isn't the big fish in this pond, so finds a smaller pond so he/she can be a bigger fish.  It comes back to self-aggrandizement and ego.  Everything else is a secondary but so convienent excuse to latch on to so they don't look like the egotisitcal ass they are.  And now they're the big fish in that smaller pond and trumpet how great it is because they're there and before you know it everyone up and leaves.  Leaving a ghosttown empty of content and another full of empty content.
There are times when being cynical is just so much fun.
Tantz Aerine at 11:26AM, Oct. 25, 2012
(online)
posts: 1,618
joined: 10-11-2006
bravo1102 wrote:
Tantz Aerine wrote:
Three elements, I think: the duck alerter. the comic stats and the capacity to add code.
 I've always hated message alerts.  I'll check my messages when I'm good and ready.  I check them regularly but I don't need some annoying box popping up screaming about messages I probably don't want to read.
There's a negative way to view any of these things.  People are assholes and just want to go where everyone else goes.  So Joe Wanna-be picks up and leaves because he/she isn't the big fish in this pond, so finds a smaller pond so he/she can be a bigger fish.  It comes back to self-aggrandizement and ego.  Everything else is a secondary but so convienent excuse to latch on to so they don't look like the egotisitcal ass they are.  And now they're the big fish in that smaller pond and trumpet how great it is because they're there and before you know it everyone up and leaves.  Leaving a ghosttown empty of content and another full of empty content.
There are times when being cynical is just so much fun. 
It… sounds like you have someone (or some people) in mind. O.o
 
PIT_FACE at 1:51PM, Oct. 25, 2012
(online)
posts: 2,591
joined: 4-21-2007
setting up at Detroit Fanfare and not only will i be exhibiting with great friends, but i'll be meeting one of my heroes, Vince Locke! we both have work featured in the “Deadworld Voices” issue comming out this month! so if you happen to be there, look for me (Deidre Crouch) Corpse Monger (Mike Waison) and Vince Locke. not to mention a ton of others! (Arrow Comics,  Guy Davis, ALL awesome people.) this…will be one for the history books.
ozoneocean at 8:13PM, Oct. 25, 2012
(online)
posts: 25,056
joined: 1-2-2004
Congrats Pit! If I was in that part of the world I'd stop by for sure!
Too bad I'm not :(
 
@Bravo- you have a very strange way of looking at the world :)
I think the biggest issue with the forums is that you can't see who last posted in anything from looking at the overview… I don't know why it's like that either, I can see it easily enough in the admin section and you can see it when you click into any subforum, but not having it on the overview makes the place look completely inactive and unchanging, so people don't bother to check any of those sub-forums.
 
Product Placement at 8:26AM, Oct. 26, 2012
(online)
posts: 7,078
joined: 10-18-2007
Lonnehart wrote:
Reminds me of those photos of that volcano with the evil face erupting in Iceland.
 
His unpronounceable name will live on in infamy.

Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved