Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Dun Dun DUN! The 2012 Drunk Duck Radio Play
ayesinback at 5:24PM, Jan. 22, 2012
(online)
oh yay oh yay oh yay . . .

The Czarina is assured that the polishing of her diadem will be finished in only a matter of days and the resultingGLIMMER and SHINE will be Breathtaking - certainly enough to match the Awesomeness of the

2012 Script! Because -yusssss- it's Script Submission Time!!
Or, in other words, Phase One ofThe 2012 Drunk Duck Radio Play has begun.

PLEASE consider sending in a script!! Go to this thread in the Networking/Community Projects Forum for full details.
(because this thread is for the full sensorama of all Radio Play/Voice Contest stages).

Or, if you are a fan of another DDer here, don't be shy! Ask him/her to send in a script!

Please note -

This year the Czarina has found an expert team to serve as a Panel of Judges. Scripts will be read after the Czarina has removed the title and author name from each submission and has forwarded them on to the judges.
So: judges won't know authors, and no one will know who the judges are until after a script has been selected.

At this point, no one has submitted a script. It's a blank playing field. Please do not post that you've sent in a script when you do.
Otherwise, questions, enthusiasms, speculations – all good stuff.

The panel is ready now. Please don't keep them waiting. (I mean, they've got muscle . . .)

—————-

The old play thread discussion is here: http://www.drunkduck.com/forum/topic/174633/?page=1
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on Jan. 22, 2012 8:07PM
Ozoneocean at 12:26AM, Jan. 23, 2012
(online)
GAH! WTF? I thought I stickied this but instead I locked it!
Ugh… how embarrassing. -_-
ayesinback at 6:53AM, Jan. 24, 2012
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
I am grateful that ayesinback has realized she can badger DDers just so long as she isn't badgering me.
In fact, she hasn't. There's this 2012 script thing and my mailbox is empty. I haven't been asked anything.
Does one allude to the incredible situation of the Czarina badgering the Captain of The Imperial Guard? How preposterous!

The Captain is Captain because his ability to intuit every imperial need has been thus recognized, and, of course, the Captain would know to write a script and submit it forthwith.
bravo1102 at 9:21AM, Jan. 25, 2012
(offline)
I'm not going to write anything. I'm too intimidated by these judges you're threatening everyone with.If they're that super-duper anything submitted will end up in the trash.
ayesinback at 12:41PM, Jan. 25, 2012
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
I'm not going to write anything. I'm too intimidated by these judges you're threatening everyone with.If they're that super-duper anything submitted will end up in the trash.
Such Tosh! Such Absurdity!!

And this is Exactly why Every DDer is hoping you Will write a script. *welikecrazy*
Kroatz at 1:11PM, Jan. 25, 2012
(online)
Soooooo… Ill send in my script soon-ish.
It's a lot of work.

YAY!
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
bravo1102 at 1:40AM, Jan. 27, 2012
(offline)
If I do send in a script I'm tempted to send in a recording of it with me doing all the voices.
Kroatz at 9:18AM, Jan. 27, 2012
(online)
You COULD send in a recording of MY entire script…

- Albert Einstein
ayesinback at 10:40AM, Jan. 27, 2012
(online)
The Czarina is all about the treasure that is the array of DD Voices, and welcomes recordings.

yet – loving them SO much, she may or may not share them.

Best to send in a Written Script (with or without recordings)
Gunwallace at 12:05AM, Jan. 31, 2012
(offline)
Or is it Khaleesi this year?
David ‘Gunwallace’ Tulloch, www.virtuallycomics.com
bravo1102 at 3:34AM, Jan. 31, 2012
(offline)
Пожалуйста, покажите должное уважение к Ее Императорскому Величеству.

Царица те, кто голосовал “за” в спину

спасибо
Капитан гвардии

(Please show her Imperial Majesty the proper respect. Czarina Ayes in back.
Thank you
Captain of the guard.)
ayesinback at 7:02AM, Jan. 31, 2012
(online)
Ah - My Captain! The Czarina is again grateful for your loyalty.

However, the Czarina does not believe disrespect was intentional. Regretably there has been confusion before what with the Czarina's cousin, anoinback, being akhaleesi. *sigh*
ayesinback at 6:28PM, Feb. 2, 2012
(online)
Where are zee scriptssss?

oh? you don't know what to write about? well, in addition to the suggestions from the all-info post (see my sig for the link, with the suggestions copied below), I have another one.

a straight horror story. I've already been practicing the creepy “little kid” sing-song theme music with my daughter. In fact, my daughter co-created this suggestion. She's having a demanding time, otherwise I'd make her write it.

But when her computer crashed yesterday, it really was the last straw. But then her itchy little fingers started heading toward my PC. “No touchies, Missy”
“But”
“No means No”
“But”
“dontmakemehurtyou”

so then, well - the story idea (and I mean it, creepy horror stuff): Chipmuunks with Ice Picks.

and I still think there's an idea in Fascist Finnish Fashion wear.

and from the other thread:

Title suggestions for a Maxwell sequel come from bravo1102 – “Maxwell McDuff and The Mystery of The Mayan Calendar”- “Maxwell McDuff and The Case of The Waterfowl Empress”
and from Ally_Haert:- “Maxwell McDuff in A Murder Most Fowl”- “Maxwell McDuff in The Early Bird Gets The Gun”

Not a big fan of Max, but still need ideas? Here are some story suggestions:

- Whats a rich genius orphan to do? Not let the authorities know that the parents are gone for starters. The staff will play along; they like being employed - because, you know, work in Transylvania is hard to come by

- Where holograms and portals convene: - Mesa Verde isnot abandoned

- Super Hero(es) – (youd be super, too, if you had two willing clones)

send me a script!!! drunkduck100@yahoo.com. Because, like, there's these judges. When judges have nothing to judge, they start gettin - “ideas” . . .
last edited on Feb. 2, 2012 6:32PM
PIT_FACE at 6:09AM, Feb. 3, 2012
(online)
ayesinback wrote:
bravo1102 wrote:
I am grateful that ayesinback has realized she can badger DDers just so long as she isn't badgering me.
In fact, she hasn't. There's this 2012 script thing and my mailbox is empty. I haven't been asked anything.

Does one allude to the incredible situation of the Czarina badgering the Captain of The Imperial Guard? How preposterous!

The Captain is Captain because his ability to intuit every imperial need has been thus recognized, and, of course, the Captain would know to write a script and submit it forthwith.
i can badger! C'MON BRAVO! *shove* DO IT! *shove* WHAT ARE YA A PUSSY cat? *shove* YER MOTHER!!! *shover*

ayesinback at 7:29AM, Feb. 3, 2012
(online)
PIT_FACE wrote:
i can badger! C'MON BRAVO! *shove* DO IT! *shove* WHAT ARE YA A PUSSY cat? *shove* YER MOTHER!!! *shover*

Most excellent. *tapping finger tips*

so SCRIPTS!! the Written Voices of The People!

there are story ideas listed above. Does any one endorse any of those ideas? which one? – or do you have a yen to hear a radio play about anything else?

post it!

even if you don't write it, it may become somebody else's inspiration
last edited on Feb. 3, 2012 7:30AM
PIT_FACE at 7:39AM, Feb. 3, 2012
(online)
well i root for eithe continuing the Maxwell Mcduff series cuz that could be a real DD thing. or the Fascist Finnish Fashion dealie becuase i wanna hear everyone try to pull off Finnish accents through the whole thing.

ayesinback at 8:29AM, Feb. 3, 2012
(online)
PIT_FACE wrote:
well i root for eithe continuing the Maxwell Mcduff series cuz that could be a real DD thing. or the Fascist Finnish Fashion dealie becuase i wanna hear everyone try to pull off Finnish accents through the whole thing.
how's this:
MAXINE McDuff and the Forces of Fascist Finnish Fashion wear . . .

dun dun - whatever
PIT_FACE at 8:54AM, Feb. 3, 2012
(online)
i like it! maby you and i should write this one, Ayes!

FormerDDer at 1:15AM, Feb. 5, 2012
(offline)
ayesinback wrote:
PIT_FACE wrote:
how's this:
MAXINE McDuff and the Forces of Fascist Finnish Fashion wear . . .

dun dun - whatever

I can do falsetto all day, but that's the closest I'll get to sounding like a girl.

Which means we'll have to find a female DD user with a cool voice. A girl version of me, if you will. (Or am I the guy version of her? *mind blown*)
bravo1102 at 12:19AM, Feb. 6, 2012
(offline)
Kroatz wrote:
Well, I have it on good authority that someone extremely talented has sent in a script already. You're gonna love it.
My script irretrievably disappearedwithoneerroneous click of the mouse. More power to whoever sends one in because you won't have to compete with any of my work.
ayesinback at 7:48AM, Feb. 6, 2012
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
More power to whoever sends one in because you won't have to compete with any of my work.

I can confirm that the list of those one not need compete with is galactically long and mighty, and - regrettably - includes the Captain of the Imperial Guard.

Great is the sadness of the Czarina.
Kroatz at 5:11PM, Feb. 8, 2012
(online)
Wouldn't it be nice if some people would submit their plays?
I want to see a science fiction drama radioplay, those are the awesomenestest.

- Albert Einstein
Ozoneocean at 8:57PM, Feb. 8, 2012
(online)
Are you writing one Kroatz?

Your suggestion gives me an idea for a sexy SciFi adventure…
ayesinback at 8:06AM, Feb. 9, 2012
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
Are you writing one Kroatz?

Your suggestion gives me an idea for a sexy SciFi adventure…
Do it!

and/or

Do a Cover for a sexy SciFi adventure Radio Play comic o_O

covers and scripts
scripts and covers
covers and scripts

etc.
Niccea at 4:07PM, Feb. 9, 2012
(offline)
If I had an idea for the play, I would write a script. Sorry. I will audition and I might even make a commercial. I'm good at fake ads, I hope.
FormerDDer at 6:11PM, Feb. 9, 2012
(offline)
Me? Write a script?

I don't think you guys could handle it. Really.

…. Or maybe you could.
Kroatz at 11:58AM, Feb. 10, 2012
(online)
People should write something about their own comics and send that in. As long as the script is good enough it doesn't matter what the subject is. Everyone has their own stories to tell, the only reason you haven't written it down yet is because of either a lack of time or a lack of conviction.

- Albert Einstein
gullas at 5:49AM, Feb. 14, 2012
(offline)
Everybody chill, I'm writing a script. It should be finished but this weekend or monday….
ayesinback at 8:49AM, Feb. 17, 2012
(online)
One week

one WEEK !

ONLY One Week!! remains to get your radio play script submitted, as an attachment, to drunkduck100@yahoo.com

Are you awesome? be awesome now. send in a script. get bona fide awesome accreditation. right now, we have two bona fide awesome ducks

do it
Kroatz at 7:09AM, Feb. 18, 2012
(online)
Aaaah!

Aaah!

I think it might be a good idea to NOT PANIC. Just start writing and… Aaah! Only one week left!

- Albert Einstein

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon