Media Megaforum

In case you're one of those who enjoyes the order of the stick...
Product Placement at 4:20PM, Feb. 4, 2012
(online)
There's a massive kickstarters project going on, right now, to fund the reprint of all the books in the series. You can find it over here.

In case you have no idea what the order of the sticks are… well… haven't you been missing out?

(The “I.O.ME” note is an inside joke. Need to read the comic to find out)

For anyone with the slightest interest in D&D adventuring (and roleplaying in general, for that matter), the Order of the Stick started off as a stick figure parody that quickly evolved into a pretty good tale of epic proportions. With over thousand pages to read through (page number may be only 832 ATM, but many updates contain multiple pages) converting this giant into a paperform comic book is a daunting task. And then we have the prequel books…

Anyways, I'm not here to ask you guys to chip in and help out with the funding. That task is already finished. In few short days loyal fans have managed to fund a staggering amount of almost half a million dollars, ensuring a massive reprint of all the books. Rich Burlew, the author of the series is feeling extra generous and is giving everyone who donate 10 dollars or more several short comics in pdf format, featuring various side stories from the series. This is also a good chance to order every single book in the series in one go (those who order books will even get more extra content (posters, coloring books, decorated notepads, stickers, fridge magnets)). So yes, I guess I'm telling you guys to chip in, after all, but only to take advantage of all the great content that's being offered.

At any rate, you can head over to the kickstarter site and participate in this grandness of a thing, in case it tickles your fancy.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on Feb. 4, 2012 4:23PM
Armagedon at 10:25PM, Feb. 7, 2012
(online)
unbelievable how much money they raised in such a short time. Wish I could do that haha. 
mlai at 2:17AM, March 23, 2012
(online)
I tried to get into OOTS but I found it pretty tired.  I thought maybe I just don't like D&D-geek comics, but then I found DM Of The Rings and it was hilariously great.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
Product Placement at 10:05PM, March 26, 2012
(online)
mlai wrote:
I tried to get into OOTS but I found it pretty tired. I thought maybe I just don't like D&D-geek comics, but then I found DM Of The Rings and it was hilariously great.

Those two comics approach role playing in a very different manner. OotS started off as a series of insider jokes about the core rules of the D&D system; the first page specifically makes fun of the transition from the 3.0 rule set to the 3.5 set. That's a very dry kind of humor to get into, if you're not one of those familiar enough with the system. As the comic develops, it starts to become much more about the story and the characters and setting becomes very well developed. However, you need to get pretty far into it before you get passed all those jokes that you don't get and start appreciating the story (probably well past 100 pages).

DM of the Rings is more about the relationship between an over-controlling DM and the flock of cats that he's trying to herd ,i.e., the players. That's a much easier kind of humor to get into which is also very funny.

In my opinion, both of those comics are excellent and I only wish that the creators of the latter comic hadn't run out of movie clips for them to use. Since you liked DM of the Rings, might I suggest Darths and Droids? Similar setting, except they're using the Star Wars movies. Started on episode 1 and are now at the beginning of episode 4.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on March 26, 2012 10:09PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved