Media Megaforum

Puss in Boots
Hapoppo at 3:11PM, Feb. 26, 2012
(online)
Anybody else seen this one?  I've been eyeballing it for a few days because Antonio Banderas pretty much MADE Shrek 2 and 3 (Haven't seen 4 yet, truth be told…), plus I love cats.  I wasn't disappointed.  The movie was smart without leaving family-friendly territory, and yes, Banderas was awesome once again.  They also really toned down the pop culture references that I thought were pretty abrasive in the Shrek movies, as I only even saw one forgivably modest reference to Fight Club.
Hawk at 9:45AM, March 5, 2012
(online)
I finally saw this over the weekend.  The best I can say is it shed a lot of the problems that were making the later Shrek movies so awful…  I can only think of one lazy pop culture reference, and Donkey was nowhere to be found.

But I didn't really find the movie funny.  I think there were two different gags in the full duration of the movie that almost make me chuckle.  The story had several things about it that made no sense, and as usual for a Dreamworks movie these days, I didn't like the way the humans looked.

That's not to say the movie wasn't well-made.  The lighting and surfacing was really well-done and the cinematography was top-notch.  But I'm actually one of those people who didn't even like Puss in Boots in the Skrek movies, so I came into this movie with really low expectations.  Despite all that, it WAS entertaining, but pretty quickly dismissable.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved