Media Megaforum

Now that the PSP Vita is out, I'm passing on it... for now...
Lonnehart at 1:24PM, March 4, 2012
(online)
I'm sure it's a great system compared to the Nintendo 3DS, but several things irk me about the thing.  You have to have a ton of money to make the most out of it…  First off, I don't mind the battery life of the thing (about 3 to 5 hours), but when the battery goes bad you can't replace it.  I've read that there's an external battery planned for the system, but I bet it's going to be very expensive.  There's also the memory card system…  You can't use “standard” SD cards with the system.  You have to use memory cards that were made just for that system, and they're apparently expensive as well…  It also looks kinda clunky… and I'd have  a hard time holding the thing.

I'll wait ‘til the price drops on the thing.  The way it looks to me you’re paying $249 for the WiFi version and maybe around $50-70 for the memory cards you'll need for it (it's got no onboard storage).  Hopefully the Playstation Fanboys don't have plans to track me down and roast me over an open fire over this… 
Byth1 at 11:25PM, March 4, 2012
(online)
I was interested in the Vita too, but that faded after awile. I have a brother that's dead set on buying the thing though, he told me about how expensive it was gonna be which really turned me off it. I can really see it taking a price drop in a few months though, but I'm not really a handheld gamer anyway.
Updated every friday!
Updated every monday!
Hawk at 9:33AM, March 5, 2012
(online)
One of my coworkers brought his into work and let me play Uncharted on it.  It really is an incredible machine that's easy to fall in love with.  The screen is bright and big, and the controls are just right.  I do want one.

But I'm honestly waiting for Sony to sweeten the deal.  I'm hoping they panic like Nintendo did and either lower the price or start bundling things (like the expensive memory cards).  And I have no trouble waiting for such an event because the Vita doesn't have any games I'm excited for yet.  Plus, I'm so bogged down with games to play that I won't need new ones for quite a while.  The 3DS finally has lots of games I'm enjoying.
Lonnehart at 3:04AM, March 6, 2012
(online)
The way I'm seeing the Vita is like this… it's a money vacuum for our pockets into Sony's corporate accounts.  It only works with its own memory cards, and if you need to replace the battery you can't just by the battery and replace it  yourself… You have to send it to Sony (along with a fat check) to get the battery replaced. it doesn't have the games that I want to play yet either.  Makes me glad I got the 3DS instead.  Enjoying Resident Evil Revelations a bit too much on it now…

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved