Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

The Templar - 100+ Page Graphic Novel
Belly at 5:23PM, March 22, 2012
(online)
Hi All,
New to the forum andpretty sure I am posting in the right place ;)
I would really like you to see the first few pages of the graphic novel that we are working on. This is a 100+ page epic with what we think is a really complelling story line.
The synopsis is:
Friday the 13th of October, 1307. The infamous night that saw the Knights Templar ruthlessly slaughtered under the directive of Pope Clement V. A culling so brutal that hundreds of years later, the date is still considered cursed. What really sparked such carnage?
Follow the story of Ryan, a General of the Order Templar, as he uncovers the secrets the Order was founded to protect, the raw power hidden behind that secret, and the true origins of life in the universe.
The Templar Knights were protectors of religious pilgrims, maintaining a vow of poverty and giving all wealth they had to the Church. They sought no riches, only piety. Discover the real reason the Pope secretly ordered the assassinations of these benevolent guardians, and how the survivors found their true purpose in the aftermath.
The ‘true origins’ is what hopefully sets this book apart from other story lines. To give you an idea (but not give it away) the prologue is attached below:
Prologue
Conflicting theories of Mankind's origin have split humanity into opposing factions.
The Faithful would have us believe there was a Creator who made all things and who cast the first people, Adam and Eve, from the Garden of Eden.
The Evolutionists would have us believe Man descended from apes, and evolved to the dominant species over millennia of conflict and survival.
The two factions have raged against one another for centuries. So set in their beliefs, they failed to see the truth…
They were both right.
The visuals for the prologue page and some of the others that follow can be found at:
http://sandgroperindustries.deviantart.com/gallery/
I would really like to hear opinions on the pages from people on this site. If you enjoy them please click ‘like’ on our kickstarter page so we can raise awareness off the book and get it completed. (link below)
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1859658387/the-templar-written-by-shane-bell-art-by-matt-nort
Thank you, and I look forward to your thoughts.
Genejoke at 10:16AM, March 23, 2012
(online)
It may be worth putting some of the comic on a site like this, dev art really isn't very good for reading comics. the art is good but beyond that I couldn't say as devart was playing up and wouldn't show the first few pages.
Belly at 4:13AM, March 24, 2012
(online)
Ah ok. Thanx for the heads up. I will look into posting some on the site.
Cheers :)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon