Networking & Community Projects*

Writer looking for artist for Webcomic project
Grey_fox20 at 7:36AM, March 24, 2012
(online)
Though I am relatively new to The Duck and partially new to the webcomic creation process, due to some (more long term) success I've had with writing, as opposed to my short lived attempt at a both artistic and writing endeavor of webcomics, I have decided to try to find someone who can create the vision while I compose the story.
I'm mainly looking for someone who can draw in a fairly detailed (though not realistic) manner and can work within a greyscale or sepia toned form. In all basics, I'm looking for an artist that is as close as I can find to a lesser ‘Lackadaisy’ art (not as detailed as Lackadaisy is, but not too simplified, especially in concern of the anthropomorphic characters).
If there is no taker for that level, then I'm willing to take someone on board if given a sample of what you can do, though I see this as a “long term practice” for the skilled or a major challenge for the up and coming.
The story of this project is within the genre mix of Fantasy and Noir, the script is not fully complete (though chapter one is done) but the story itself is complete.
A short ‘teaser’ synopsis:
It follows the path of a private investigator, living in New York City of 1947, that has fallen from his already dim spotlight and ,when an opportunity literally knocks at his door, he falls into the true depths of the city…where everyone has reason to lie, even the ones close to you can't be trusted and there is more to everything than meets the eye.
Now, everything within the art is negotiable and feel free to ask any questions.
Thank any of you for taking your time to read this unforgivably long request.
gliitch at 2:32PM, April 19, 2012
(online)
http://roguemonitor.deviantart.com/gallery/ Well that's my gallery. I use varying styles so don't be afraid to ask. The sketch area is probably suited to what you're looking for but bare in mind those are raw images. I wouldn't leave them like that for a comic unless you wanted me to. :)
Grey_fox20 at 4:13AM, May 13, 2012
(online)
gliitch wrote:
http://roguemonitor.deviantart.com/gallery/ Well that's my gallery. I use varying styles so don't be afraid to ask. The sketch area is probably suited to what you're looking for but bare in mind those are raw images. I wouldn't leave them like that for a comic unless you wanted me to. :)
Well, I've taken a look through your gallery and I've think it's fairly applicable, either your sketch work or tablet, and considering (among many other factors) your the only person to have applied for this.
So, I'd say you've got the job if you'd take it.
It's a matter of organising where and when we start.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon