Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

What if Calvin grew up and went to NYU film school?
UberWastrel at 1:28PM, May 30, 2012
(online)
Hi everyone,
I just joined up and wanted to let you know about my comic “The Wastrels.” It's the story of group of kids who live in the same freshman-sophomore dorm on 10th Street and Broadway. I got the first issue done and I'm going to be posting 5 pages a week.
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Wastrels/
I'd like to know what you guys thought.
Cheers,
Steve
last edited on May 30, 2012 1:29PM
johnpr at 7:40PM, May 30, 2012
(online)
I found it entertaining, i like how clean the art it, an original style in my opinion. like the dynamics in the layouts earlier on too. keep it coming!
www.drunkduck.com/Internity
UberWastrel at 12:40PM, May 31, 2012
(online)
Hey John,
Thanks for the review and I'm glad you found it entertaining. I aim to please!
I dig your art too on Internity. You have some great camera camera angles. I think the page looking up at surgeons was excellent. Plus you know how to draw hands.
-S
Indigo Sharpe at 3:46PM, May 31, 2012
(online)
John of Internity was right that art was stunning, neat and most importantly it fit your premise and mood with a style that's hard to find in webcomics. Usually there's the prescribed speed up from the beginning of a comic's art to its main stride but you've seem to hit that already.
“Did you say that you were going do this five days a week five pages a week?” Just hearing it makes my eyes ache from trying to imagine myself dealing with all that layout and design. Good luck it sounds its going to be something great, to tell the truth the level of characters was expected but your backgrounds were impressive. Well detailed no etch and sketch business and you even seemed to refrain from copy paste.
I love how you had that whole sitcommy set up of the assorted characters and you even stayed out being cliche while doing so.
The school supplies listing was hilarious zig zag reminded of characture of your standard frat boy type and Xvavier has this sly nerdy ferris beuller vibe that just makes you want to love him.
Any way great comic. thanks for making feel like a total noob wastrel. It was a very satisfying experience.

You can bring a man to tears but you can't make him cry.
http://www.drunkduck.com/You_Are_Here_and_Other_Cosmic_Jokes_/
last edited on May 31, 2012 3:49PM
UberWastrel at 12:25PM, June 1, 2012
(online)
Hey Indigo!
Much thanks for the amazing review.
Yes, I am going to try and post 5 new pages each week. I actually handcuff myself to my drawing board to get the work done (I have terrible ADD.)
It's cool you picked up on the Ferris Bueller vibe, that's a character I love. Xavier's more devious though.
-S

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon