Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Should I team up with an Artist, or try to do both writing and art myself?
Degalon at 8:37PM, Aug. 13, 2012
(online)
Just…yeah.  I'm really insecure about my art, but I won't lie, I was hoping for this to be “my” project.  I realize that's shallow, but yeah.
I know for a fact I'm a fairly good storyteller (I've been told this repeatedly by others).  The art, though, is the problem.  Sometimes I run out of patience when drawing something, others, I freak out that I'm doing it wrong because I'm kind of a perfectionist.
BUT the comic was (and I still want it to be) for me to get better, practice, and use these characters and plots I'd been thinking up.
Your suggestions/thoughts?
Tantz Aerine at 6:55AM, Aug. 15, 2012
(online)
I think you have answered your own question :) A challenge is a challenge, and it can be an exciting journey. Also, practice makes perfect.

jwideman at 9:13PM, Aug. 15, 2012
(online)
As a writer, you already know how to turn off your personal critic while you write, and turn it back on when you edit. Writers often must be given permission to “write badly”. I hereby give you permission to “draw badly”. Hope that helps.
mikemacdee at 10:38PM, Sept. 9, 2012
(online)
I would suggest writing and drawing yourself, if only so you don't have to rely on other people who may not be as dedicated to the project as you are (or to avoid angering your partner if you're the one who's not dedicated).

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved