HA Stories

R.I.S.E (hero reform concept)
PIT_FACE at 8:04PM, Nov. 10, 2012
(online)
Esc- i was wondering about that too actually. to have some kind of uniform look some how, since it IS a government organization. and you're right! it'd be a very cool contrast to HA, and we absolutely need contrast in there. maybe we can strike upsomething. i can see a sort of swat vest with R.I.S.E. stmaped on the back of it. but then again, that could be too concealing for some character's costumes. have you got any ideas?

Escutcheon at 9:22PM, Nov. 10, 2012
(online)
Well, since most (or all) of the characters already have their own costumes, I imagine that the main part of these costumes would be intact, but they'd be a bit more themed. The colors would be aligned with each other- yet seperate enough that each has their own submotif.
Example: Riotmonger wears his riot gear armor. His normal riot gear armor is all black with a white visor. If the motif used for R.I.S.E. were Black and Gray, perhaps his armor would have a more gray-toned inside-facing side while his outward facing sides remain black. (So like, his chest, forearms, lower torso and legs that face forward would have gray armor, while the rest would be black). Alternatively, we could use multiple shades of black with his helm having gray stripes.
Ideally the things that R.I.S.E. would add would be practical things- bulletproof vests, body armor, that sort of thing. It'd be up to the characters' creators to spin it how they'd like, but the idea is that the team would, while still remaining somewhat unique, ‘match’ somewhat. We'd still see how their former costumes used to look in part, while seeing a more efficient look as well.
JimHarbor at 2:36PM, Nov. 11, 2012
(online)
Well here is a CA article that would shed light on a similar scenario

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/10/10/uncanny-x-force-costume-design-kris-anka-sam-humphries-marvel-now-interview/
PIT_FACE at 10:17AM, Nov. 12, 2012
(online)
hm….i like that color scheme idea! maybe we can play around with that. im keeping in mind though, that Archangel's supposed to have a new costume i think, and i wouldnt want to mess with that design scheme.also, it might embelish him as the leader of the group more if we use his sort of color palet! so if we're going to go this route, maybe it's around whatever his new scheme is gonna be. also we oughta get everyon oneboard who's characters we're going to use.
another route is just to have them wear a “R.I.S.E badge” somewhere visable. almost like a patch or a sheriff's badge of sorts.

last edited on Nov. 12, 2012 10:18AM
Abt_Nihil at 3:18PM, Nov. 12, 2012
(offline)
I really like where this is going… great posts here. My plan is for Archangel and Alicia to have matching costumes. These will most likely be dominated by red and black, but I'm still experimenting. I'll try to have some pics up soon.
PIT_FACE at 3:57PM, Nov. 12, 2012
(online)
Abt_Nihil wrote:
I really like where this is going… great posts here. My plan is for Archangel and Alicia to have matching costumes. These will most likely be dominated by red and black, but I'm still experimenting. I'll try to have some pics up soon.

oh nice! red and black…such foreboding colors. i think that could be great for R.I.S.E. !

Escutcheon at 4:02PM, Nov. 12, 2012
(online)
I'll get to work for a red/black Riotmonger set. This is really exciting. Who knows, this might end up spinning off or… maybe be a returning thing?
PIT_FACE at 7:19PM, Nov. 12, 2012
(online)
i also couldnt resist playin around with Bones' get up and ended up with this!
gotta say, likin it!

and yeah! who knows where this'll lead!

JimHarbor at 1:07PM, Nov. 13, 2012
(online)
Badges are a bad idea if this is to be black ops. Think Subtle and militray aimed. Try looking at irl Militray uniforms and seeing how they woudl apdat to each superpower.
PIT_FACE at 1:35PM, Nov. 13, 2012
(online)
well that depends. do we WANT this to be black ops? i for the most part was thinking it'd have some degree of being covert, but not more than say for instance military personal and you can CERTAINLY recognize them when they're in uniform, which is why i was toying around with the idea of a badge, since it's sounding like aside from a color scheme, there wont actually be a working uniform for this.

Escutcheon at 4:18PM, Nov. 13, 2012
(online)
Maybe an insignia on the shoulder or something? Or in various places, depending on the person's personality? Could be something that'd make for an other unifying motif. Ideally we're looking at various level of covert-ops style gear from what I can tell. It'll still be varied, but since the colors and general idea is mostly the same, it'll fit.
That's what I'm thinking anyway. I'm thinking I want Riotmonger in a bit more of a stepped-up version of his armor- and possibly at the end of the story, when deciding to stick with the team, changing his hero name from Riotmonger to Riotbreaker. Possibly. Was a thought.
PIT_FACE at 4:57PM, Nov. 13, 2012
(online)
oooh, now we need an insignia! >:D i was gonna suggest maybe some kind of red pointy R but then it'll just get confused for Robin all the time,hahaha! so…if anyone's got any ideas? i say keep it pretty simple,right?
and sounds like Riotmonger'll be goin through some exposing stuff!

fukujinzuke at 8:55AM, Nov. 14, 2012
(online)
An elevator caller's up button? j/k
PIT_FACE at 4:31PM, Nov. 14, 2012
(online)
actually…that's not a bad idea. as a basis i mean. throwing together a little something. tell me what you guys think. just a sec.

PIT_FACE at 4:53PM, Nov. 14, 2012
(online)
how about something like this?

Escutcheon at 9:14AM, Nov. 15, 2012
(online)
I could get behind that. Perhaps said insignia would not be something that would be a button or badge- but rather a tattoo, a decal, or even a removeable patch. Something tells me these at least at first, some of these guys/gals aren't gonna be too keen on their teammates.
I sure know Riotmonger/breaker isn't, at least in the beginning. The guy has enemies in capes. He's not really prone to trusting very many people at the moment.
Speaking of, I'm working on that revamped armor set, but it's slowed down by my college stuff…. aaaand that I was working on a new costume design for yet another Dueling Heroes character. xD I'm still on the fence if I want to have her in HA, as it may lead to spoilers.
EDIT: Riotmonger art design up.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
last edited on Nov. 15, 2012 12:16PM
JimHarbor at 5:35PM, Nov. 15, 2012
(online)
Perhaps alter the negative space a bit to imply a letter r to the viewers eye?
PIT_FACE at 6:48PM, Nov. 15, 2012
(online)
how so? im not quite sure how it could be done and have it not get over muddled or unlegable. maybe you have a way to do it though? can ya mock something up, jim?
and…it's an intersting concept as a tattoo. maybe RISE uses it as a sort of way, not so much to advertise RISE, though it could be that, but to mark where these guys are. like maybe it not only labels someone as RISE as a brand, but also has some kind of tracking fluid injected under the skin? almost the Snake Pliskin sorta thing.hahaha!

last edited on Nov. 15, 2012 6:54PM
Escutcheon at 12:39PM, Nov. 16, 2012
(online)
What about a red arrow with a black R in the background? With no actual background? Would work great as a decal or a tattoo. Also, yeah- could be a serum that puts in nannites for a say…shock remote? Something to keep them in line.
JimHarbor at 9:54PM, Nov. 16, 2012
(online)
Subdermal nanite based tracker/id/ shock colar devices. Very Cyberpunk. I imagine they woudl allow them to me marked and handled withotu being to publci while at the same time being a way to pump in supersedatives if anyone goes off teh deep end.
PIT_FACE at 8:31AM, Nov. 17, 2012
(online)
oh yeah, i like it!! im still a bit washey on incorporating the R in the insignia, but if anyone could pull it off i'd love to take a look. but i like how this concept's come along! i was looking for a way they'd be able to keep tabs on these guys. no way do you just ‘trust" the better nature of such a group. :D and it’s also a gateway to show how extreme that organizers of this agency could be. (strokes chin evilly)

Abt_Nihil at 4:17PM, Jan. 13, 2013
(offline)
Here's my suggestion for a logo:

I went with the proposed arrow, but turned it into the “R” initial. The rest should look a bit aggressive, rugged, sharp, claw-like. The second arrow constituting the R can be read as intervention, getting back on the right track, something like that. And the “R” can be separately used as an insignia on the suits.

Hope you dig!
fukujinzuke at 9:38PM, Jan. 13, 2013
(online)
LuchaCoffee at 6:32AM, Jan. 14, 2013
(online)
I Like, I'm going to work on a rise color scheme for Militia and Gemini :D
I like my horror films like I love my burgers…Full of Cheese!!

Abt_Nihil at 11:47AM, Jan. 19, 2013
(offline)
Here's my suggestion for Militia - I changed a few details from MrHades' great rendition, and subdued the color scheme a bit to fit it in with the RISE uniforms. Still, I think it's nice to have a bit of dark red and blue on his suit.

Abt_Nihil at 12:33PM, Jan. 19, 2013
(offline)
And here are my redesigns for Archangel and Fury:

LuchaCoffee at 6:28AM, Jan. 21, 2013
(online)

Here is my outfit design for Gemini, I kinda wanted to give him a bit more of a professional look to his uniform, so I went with a doctor look, but I added those straitjacket buckles to still show that he's still mentally disturbed. Still trying to figure out if he needs powers or not, any thoughts?

Escutcheon at 5:48PM, Feb. 4, 2013
(online)
Loving the logo concepts! :3
Sux, I think that Gemini with some powers could be REALLY REALLY wicked. Since he seems to have a theme of discord, perhaps his power could be something subtle, yet horrifyingly dangerous. Perhaps something along the lines of building discomfort and paranoia in his targets or as an aura? Or perhaps he manipulates people's shadows- or can create discomfort in the subconscious rather than the conscious? I feel that a subtle power would make him all the scarier.
In the case of Riotmonger/breaker, he has a fairly weak power but uses it to amazing efficiency- he can bend light- and uses it to make it appear a couple feet away. Something that might not necessarily win a battle- but can do a lot of good.
LuchaCoffee at 8:59PM, Feb. 4, 2013
(online)
Escutcheon wrote:
Sux, I think that Gemini with some powers could be REALLY REALLY wicked. Since he seems to have a theme of discord, perhaps his power could be something subtle, yet horrifyingly dangerous. Perhaps something along the lines of building discomfort and paranoia in his targets or as an aura? Or perhaps he manipulates people's shadows- or can create discomfort in the subconscious rather than the conscious? I feel that a subtle power would make him all the scarier.
In the case of Riotmonger/breaker, he has a fairly weak power but uses it to amazing efficiency- he can bend light- and uses it to make it appear a couple feet away. Something that might not necessarily win a battle- but can do a lot of good.
hmmm I kinda like the discomfort part, he is a psychologist, so why not be able to use that expertise in battle, especially if it means that he can bring out the “ugly” side of them and have them fight either in a literal sense, or perhaps it is like being in a dream, where they are fighting them within their own mind….could be interesting.

Anyone have an idea or such about that? it could really show off both his powers and his own instability, since he says “We” and “Us” when he refers to himself, and often switches between the sad and mournful side to the angrily and insanely happy side.

last edited on Feb. 12, 2013 7:42AM
PIT_FACE at 7:43PM, Feb. 20, 2013
(online)
sux wrote:
Escutcheon wrote:

hmmm I kinda like the discomfort part, he is a psychologist, so why not be able to use that expertise in battle, especially if it means that he can bring out the “ugly” side of them and have them fight either in a literal sense, or perhaps it is like being in a dream, where they are fighting them within their own mind….could be interesting.

Anyone have an idea or such about that? it could really show off both his powers and his own instability, since he says “We” and “Us” when he refers to himself, and often switches between the sad and mournful side to the angrily and insanely happy side.

You know, i really like where you and Escutcheon are going with this! What if his powers to cause discomfort and discontent werent necissarily anything that could be turned “on or off” but were actually more constant? for instance, just standing too close to him, no matter who or what you are, could cause that person's resolve to become progrssively more shaken the closer they were to him, or the longer they remained in his presence. if so, i could really see him as a “last resort” type character R.I.S.E. would use to fight evil since his effects could become so horribly devistating for all involved. Like maybe he actually needs to be keeped locked away whenever he's not in use, or secluded and ONLY when it's completely necissary will they let him out…could pose for some fun problems down the road too. >:D whatta ya think?

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon