Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Twitter
Tantz_Aerine at 3:03PM, Oct. 24, 2012
(online)
Does anyone have an account and… is it worth it? I mean what extra does it offer, if it does?

I'm trying to decide if I want one. :P
PIT_FACE at 1:25PM, Oct. 25, 2012
(online)
i made one, but i never use it. ever. the sole reason i made it was because Clay Matthews had one. i posted something on his page to the tune of “i want to sit on your back while you do push ups.”

i never got a response.

last edited on Oct. 25, 2012 1:26PM
Abt_Nihil at 5:57AM, Oct. 26, 2012
(offline)
I have yet to see any practical apllication beyond being able to stalk someone more efficiently. The only people I'd want to follow on twitter, and find out how long the queue is they're currently waiting in at the mall or the airport, are people I'm unreasonably obsessed with.
MrHades at 6:10AM, Oct. 29, 2012
(online)
I have a Twitter account to promote my comic. Have made some great contacts on there and picked up a number of readers.
Hey, why not follow me on Twitter? User name: @THE_MrHades
Tantz_Aerine at 11:45AM, Oct. 30, 2012
(online)
MrHades wrote:
I have a Twitter account to promote my comic. Have made some great contacts on there and picked up a number of readers.
If I could ask, how did you go about that? I mean, promoting your comic over twitter.
MrHades at 3:37AM, Oct. 31, 2012
(online)
Sure.

There are a number of tags you can add to your tweet, like #NDCA which is an abbreviation of a group on there that re-tweet everyone who uses that hashtag.

Adding a single frame of your comic is a great way to get people interested in taking a look at your work.

I always try and put in a hook like: ‘In today’s comic: The DEATH of a hero', or something.

The best way to get Twitter working is to start interacting with other comic readers/creators. By following/re-tweeting people who do similar stuff as you do, some of their audience will start to see you work.

It's a relatively slow process, but I get quite a bit of traffic from tweeting… and I'd recommend you do it!
Hey, why not follow me on Twitter? User name: @THE_MrHades
Red Slayer at 1:56AM, Nov. 1, 2012
(online)
If you play around with the security settings it can be like some sort of cloud MMS. It can also be used to get quick updates on people and projects you are interested in .

Or you can follow funny, smart and or witty people and get free jokes in your feed.

I do all three.
Tantz_Aerine at 4:41AM, Nov. 1, 2012
(online)
Thanks Mr Hades! I will certainly give it a shot asap :)
And that sounds really nice too, Red Slayer. :D
Hawk at 8:43AM, Nov. 1, 2012
(online)
Twitter is actually VERY useful in giving celebrities the opportunity to say stupid things and get in trouble. I dare say we would still have Gilbet Gottfried voicing the Aflac duck if Twitter didn't give him the chance to open his stupid mouth and get fired. It got Ashton Kutcher in trouble too, and that's always a plus.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon