Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA! 2013/2014
bravo1102 at 11:26AM, June 17, 2013
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
Bingo!
Looked that up and that IS where the plot comes from, but probably much better if it doesn't also include a cutesy child.
It was a combination of the TZ “Steel” and the classic movie “The Champ” which originated the whole cute kid with boxer trope (the 1931 Academy award winning version King Vidor directed) Something new and original in 1931 is an old tired cliche in 1979 let alone 2013 but we add robots! And like it's new all over again!

And I just love watching Aus/Br/Ir actors do flat American accents so I can watch for that one vowel flub that even Nicole Kidman does and play GOTCHA! If they stick to South'rn accents that vowel flub is okay but not among Northerners. But then most people do not have an ear for dialect and they do scary “what they think it sounds like” as opposed to what it actually does sound like. And dialogue coaches unless native speakers are best avoided…
Kroatz at 2:12PM, June 17, 2013
(online)
Hey people, I just sent in my radioplay comic pages to Ayesinback. Yay!

Now you all have to wait for about a month before you can see them… (I turned a single page into… Well, more than one.)
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
HippieVan at 2:35PM, June 17, 2013
(online)
Kroatz wrote:

Now you all have to wait for about a month before you can see them… (I turned a single page into… Well, more than one.)
Oh man, I didn't know that was an option! I have a ridiculous amount of dialogue crowded into the bottom half of my page.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
gullas at 3:45PM, June 17, 2013
(offline)
Kroatz wrote:

HAH! you were lucky, I took the original script, made my page into two. But somehow it managed to screw up so I actually did part of page 8 and 9 (I took page 5). Luckily Ayes pointed out my mistake (and since I work in Paint it wasn't so hard to copy my frames and to change the text) and managed to shave the day.
lba at 6:31PM, June 17, 2013
(online)
Apparently a while back I purchased the awesomely titled fistfightingrobots.com while somewhat inebriatedd or something and I just discovered it on my hosting bill for my personal portfolio. And to my questionably thinking, possibly intoxicated self i say; touche sir. I shall rise to my own challenge, and this shall be the masterpiece accomplishment of my career. Fist Fighting Robots we shall have.
Froggtreecomics at 11:16AM, June 19, 2013
(offline)
It's…. It's ALIVE!
Kroatz at 11:37AM, June 19, 2013
(online)
So, Im kind of REALLY hating the weather in the Netherlands right now.
Its so ridicilicilously hot. And theres like, no wind. Its horrible.
Every time I walk out of a building I crash into a wall of heat, and I hate it.

I wish it was snowing. Because winter is SO MUCH BETTER…

In other news, I have no other news.

- Albert Einstein
bravo1102 at 12:06PM, June 19, 2013
(offline)
It's alive

“Dead” Man:I'm not dead!
Dead Collector:'Ere, he says he's not dead.
Large Man:Yes he is.
“Dead” Man:I'm not.
Dead Collector:He isn't.
Large Man:Well, he will be soon, he's very ill.
“Dead” Man:I'm getting better.
Large Man:No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment.
Dead Collector:Well, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.
“Dead” Man:I don't want to go on the cart.
Large Man:'Oh, don't be such a baby.
Dead Collector:I can't take him.
“Dead” Man:I feel fine.
Large Man with Dead Body:Oh, do me a favor.
Dead Collector:I can't.
Large Man:Well, can you hang around for a couple of minutes? He won't be long.
Dead Collector:I promised I'd be at the Robinsons'. They've lost nine today.
Large Man:Well, when's your next round?
Dead Collector:Thursday.
“Dead” Man:I think I'll go for a walk.
Large Man:You're not fooling anyone, you know. Isn't there anything you could do?
“Dead” Man:I feel happy. I feel happy.

last edited on June 19, 2013 12:07PM
ayesinback at 12:45PM, June 19, 2013
(online)
Major General: If you will please put The Holy Grail on pause, I would like you to report in, please.

in other news, Oz wasn't kidding about changing up Max and Bill Duck.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
Ozoneocean at 7:47PM, June 19, 2013
(online)
They're so much better that way ^_^
Kroatz at 4:34AM, June 21, 2013
(online)
Do we actually have people acting out the radioplay yet? Or is it all just people making the pages.

- - -

I've decided I'm going to work at my internship company all summer. They just don't know about it yet. I still have a whole week to get myself a contract, that shouldn't be so hard should it?

- Albert Einstein
ayesinback at 6:30AM, June 22, 2013
(online)
Kroatz wrote:
Do we actually have people acting out the radioplay yet? Or is it all just people making the pages.

- - -

I've decided I'm going to work at my internship company all summer. They just don't know about it yet. I still have a whole week to get myself a contract, that shouldn't be so hard should it?
Good luck with getting your contract – it doesn't sound impossible.

As to actors for the radio play, awsome owl 82 is handling that. Hope he gives an update soon.
Banes at 1:09PM, June 22, 2013
(offline)
Haven't heard much from the awesomely owlish one - sent in my small role to him the other day, though!

Now to get on this page for the Ayes. Then send it in.

And the Ayes…
…will have it!

last edited on June 22, 2013 7:13PM
Ozoneocean at 1:49AM, June 23, 2013
(online)
It's cold and rainy here… :(
Cold!

Cats and dogs idea of humour is play intimiation, and play fighting, which is very charming… stupid humans share the same trait and it is decidedly uncharming in that instance.
bravo1102 at 2:25AM, June 23, 2013
(offline)
So I am settling into working a 40 hour week. If a resident hadn't given me access to his wi-fi I'd have no internet five days a week rather than two. But now I gots internet at work so I can read email and comics at work. I work overnights so there really isn't anyone aorund to look over my shoulder and scream NSFW bloody murder. Besides i'm a crusader for free expression.

And no one must have tried out for the roles in the radio play because somehow I was offered four roles? Time to dust off the Peter Sellers managerie of voices.
Gunwallace at 6:14PM, June 23, 2013
(offline)
Watched an old Peter Selers movie over the weekend, Heavens Above! Very well written, with segues that reminded me of the way Watchmen (comic) was written. Eric Sykes was on-hand as a lazy schemer who is lead along by Roy Kinnear playing the same sort of small-time crook Kinnear always seemed to play. There was also an early Derek Nimmo role, and William Hartnell just prior to him being the first Doctor Who. Good movie with some undestated, but funny moments, and raised some nice questions about capitalism, religion, corruption, charity, and what people want from ‘The Economy’.
David ‘Gunwallace’ Tulloch, www.virtuallycomics.com
Lonnehart at 11:27PM, June 23, 2013
(online)
Wow… DD went down a while ago. I did read the twitter message that the site was down for maintanence.

Did something I never thought I would do. Took some old PC parts and hooked them up to my TV. Turns out some of these HDTVs have a PC connector to them. On mine I just switched to the RGB input to be able to use the PC. I guess that means I have to buy two copies of Windows 7 next year… -_-

On the bright side, I don't have to buy the XBLive service to watch Youtube vids on TV. I'm weird like that because I apparently find videos made by other people to be more entertaining than the TV shows/movies made by large companies. :)

Oh… and I'm thinking of stealing/paying homage to Pinky TA in a Foundry quest. Too bad none of the hair options for NPCs in the editor fit her quite right…
last edited on June 24, 2013 12:55AM
Ozoneocean at 2:00AM, June 24, 2013
(online)
She has a plaited style too. Basically anything that's pink is her style! Could me a mohawk even! ^_^

Most modern GFX cards these days have HDMI outs, so with newer cards that's the way to go. And if your TV has good enough speakers then you don't even need a seperate speaker system because the comp pipes the sound direct to the TV over HDMI! ^_^

Speaking of comps, the new Samsung ATV Q looks like a good option for a new machine:
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/laptop/3453885/samsung-ativ-q-hands-on-review/
It's a tablet/laptop hybrid, with super high res screen, a wacom sdigitser stylus, full touchscreen, and it also runs Android Jellybean.
So basically you can draw with photoshop or Illustrator on it as if it was a Cintiq WITHOUT having to have the big heavy cintiq hooked up al the time (like I do currently), giving you lots more freedom and massive screen real etsate in photoshop, as well as instant access to the great art apps in Android and instant file sharing between the two OSs, all in a smart looking package.

The only downsite is that it's an i5 processor and only 4 gigs of ram… Sure you could probably add more ram though, you usually can with these things.
Lonnehart at 2:29AM, June 24, 2013
(online)
Any hairstyle, eh? Soon as I have her built I'll post screenshots… with her wearing her armor. And as the leader of a faction called the Pink Knights (complete with Lukaowty LeForge… known fo rhis lack of eyes and Leakface the Mighty, an aberration who has tentacles growing out of his face and comes from a race of creatures called Mind Flayers…).

This computer doesn't have the HDMI port. The motherboard has a built in video card and the TV has the PC port for video. Once I can get a video card (and maybe a hard drive as well) I can use the HDMI port in the machine. I may also try to get a Blueray drive… but only if the prices go down for the Read/Write version… horribly expensive right now. :(

Great… now I can't go to page 17 of this forum post to find out if I posted a link earlier. Chrome warned me about a site called DavidsWarBirds.com… something about it being a known malware distributor. oh, well…

I'll post this link for a video review of a Neverwinter Foundry quest called “Bill's Tavern”. For some reason I find it entertaining to watch. Not sure if the reviewer is either a Brit or an Aussie… they both sound similar to me. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4-C_VsosP0
last edited on June 24, 2013 2:40AM
Ozoneocean at 3:53AM, June 24, 2013
(online)
They sound like an ugly bunch! ^_^

With my comp when I first hooked up my HDTV as a monitor I actually got a DVI to HDMI cable from Ebay and hooked it up like that- straight from the DVI port on the graphic card to the HDMI on the TV. -worked out well that way AND it still delivered sound that way too!

That's certainly a good looking game and the guy is 100% Brit!
ayesinback at 3:33PM, June 24, 2013
(online)
TOMORROW
>>>>>>> Tomorrow It Begins! <<<<<<<
What begins? Let gullas tell you:

lba at 6:06PM, June 24, 2013
(online)
Was walking through the local bar/coffee shop neighborhood a bit ago and ran into the 9/11 truthers that like to blockade portions of our sidewalk. Normally you can kind of bypass them, ignore their BS and walk around, but this time they were particularly aggressive because this whole NSA leak thing has got them all riled up. ( as if anyone halfway aware of the internet and modern communication didn't realize all governments have been doing it for a while now. ) So one of them blocked my path to shout the evils of why military members are all killing themselves is because the “evil gubmint” is makin' ‘em all commit war crimes an’ atrocities an' like. About 2 feet from my face, way too into my personal space, even if he weren't shouting things that piss me off. I nearly throttled the little bastard for how badly he twisted the facts of a very serious problem that's quite personal to me. The majority of the guys who kill themselves in the service share almost no connecting factors in their lives except that they're young, in the service and for the most part have never been deployed. And it's a serious issue because we're reaching the suicide rate of the normal civilian population, not because soldiers are offing themselves by the thousands of percents. I don't mind if you have a dissenting opinion but I absolutely despise the type of person who has to twist things around to fit their narrative rather than just research and find acceptable and relevant research to support themselves.

Sometimes I just want to give in to the urge, and beat them with their own stupid little booklets.
bravo1102 at 8:08PM, June 24, 2013
(offline)
Great article about conspiracy theorists.
http://www.csicop.org/si/show/the_conspiracy_meme
Ozoneocean at 1:18AM, June 26, 2013
(online)
I hate conspiracy theorists- even moreso because the stupid crap they put out is chaff that obscures actual conspiracies like the internet spying that's been revealed just recently, the conspiracy to get Julian Assange put away on very suspicious rape charges, the administration of GWB jnr presenting embarrassingly fake evidence of chemical weapons and super obvious huuuge exaggerations of Iraq's weapons capability to the UN in order to give them a case for war, and so on.

Those are instances where you have genuine machinations that are unethical, destructive and even ilegal, but they tend to get dumped into the same bin as the nutter crap about 911, TWA flight 800, fake moon landings etc instead of getting the attention they deserve…

I woke up two hours late for work today so the whole day has been a rush with me slightly off balance and my brain hasn't started to work right yet… stupid day!!!!!! Hate wednesdays!
Ironscarf at 2:34AM, June 26, 2013
(offline)
I always think the conspiracy theories are invented by the same people who are doing the real bad stuff, in order to divert attention from their dastardly deeds. There are probably probably shadowy government offices where all they do all day is come up with new absurd theories to circulate.

Did I just come up with a new conspiracy theory?
Lonnehart at 4:44AM, June 26, 2013
(online)
Okay. Something funny happened to the new computer I fixed up. I got a call from people claiming to be Microsft Support telling me that my computer has errors. They instructed me to use the Eventviewer to check my application registry for errors and sure enough, there was a lot of them. How they got my phone number I have no idea…

Next the tech tells me that the reason why I got so many errors is because my Microsoft Security Certificate has expired. I allowed them to take control of the PC to check all the errors, and they began demanding that I renew this certificate, minimum payment of $89 dollars. When I told them I couldn't, they set it up so I can't access Windows XP on that computer anymore.

Now I'm suspicious as to the method they used to stop my computer access. Right now I'm reformatting the computer so I can begin the painful process of reinstalling everything. If my suspicions are correct I've fallen victim to some sort of scam to pressure me to pay whoever was at the other end of the line money for this Microsoft Security Certificate. And if I'm also correct, reformatting and reinstalling everything on that PC will fix everything.

And I know what caused this… I forgot to install AVG on that other computer, allowing trojans to run amok on that system. This Microsoft Security Essentials doesn't cut it. Another red flag? When giving me info a lot of the words were mispelled and they were speaking in weird accents and not as professional as the people from Microsoft who I've actually called to register my own copy of Windows XP.

And now as I type this I poked around the net and found this page…
http://www.informationweek.com/security/management/microsoft-windows-support-call-scams-7-f/240005023
More proof that I am an IDIOT!!!

I guess these people were depending on one fact… new PCs that are sold by computer stores often don't come with the operation system disc. Had I not had my Windows XP discs, I'd be up the creek without a computer right now. As for how they got my phone number is anyones guess.

This time I'll make sure to install AVG on that machine as well so I don't have to deal with this in the future. I hope all of you have your Windows System Discs as well, or bought your computer from people who will reinstall it for you for free (but it's still better to have the OS disc anyway).

My other saving grace in all this? I didn't use THIS machine. Unlike the other machine which was a brand new install THIS machine has passwords in it… something those scammers could've obtained had I allowed access to it. The other machine had none. No email, not even my Youtube account. Heck, I didn't login any thing on that machine. It only had Google Chrome, and I didn't even login to Youtube on that machine. Hopefully I lucked out this time…
last edited on June 26, 2013 4:49AM
Ozoneocean at 6:24AM, June 26, 2013
(online)
Haha Scarf, that's the best conspiracy theory yet!

@Lonne- yeah man… that scam has been going around for a while now. You should REALLY move on to a later OS like Windows 7 at least if you can get a valid install and licese or crack for it somewhere, Windows XP is pretty old now and they'll be stopping support for it very shortly.

NEVER trust anyone phoning up claiming to be part of microsft or anything like that, UNLESS you've got a enuine support ticket with them through email which is actually from Microsoft.com (and not spoofed either), AND you set up a time for them to call, they call at that time and can quote the support ticket number.

Unsocilited calls are 100% scammers. Just flat out tell them to fuck themselves, their mothers, their farthers, and a donkey.
Lonnehart at 6:30AM, June 26, 2013
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
Haha Scarf, that's the best conspiracy theory yet!

@Lonne- yeah man… that scam has been going around for a while now. You should REALLY move on to a later OS like Windows 7 at least if you can get a valid install and licese or crack for it somewhere, Windows XP is pretty old now and they'll be stopping support for it very shortly.

Support will be stopping in April of next year. By then I'll have copies of Windows 7 for both computers and they will be very legit copies. As far as the security ticket is concerned, they were flat out lying. Microsoft doesn't force you to pay for that sort of thing. In fact, this is the only time I've heard of such a thing. The only security certificates I ever hear of from Windows would be from websites (typcially sites I don't normally visit, and even then it's very rare to have that issue).
Oh… and any user of Windows can be a victim of this scam, not just Windows XP users.
Speaking of which, WinXP and AVG just finished installing. Time to get everything else installed so the computer can run again. :)
And here are the screeens I saw when I went through this…
http://blog.malwarebytes.org/intelligence/2013/04/phone-scammers-call-the-wrong-guy-get-mad-and-trash-pc/
Back to computer recovery. :)
last edited on June 26, 2013 7:12AM
bravo1102 at 10:24PM, June 26, 2013
(offline)
Ironscarf wrote:
I always think the conspiracy theories are invented by the same people who are doing the real bad stuff, in order to divert attention from their dastardly deeds. There are probably probably shadowy government offices where all they do all day is come up with new absurd theories to circulate.

Did I just come up with a new conspiracy theory?
Not even close this is the “disinformation” or “false flag” school of conspiracy theory. Very old and respected. One finds a dupe who will believe anything and disseminate the false disinformation and then feed him increasingly ridiculous stories to discredit whatever movement he is working with. The so-called Men in black started out this way. They were AFSOC and OSI operatives who were acting strange to purposely discredit witnesses of UFO phenomena.

Anyone remember the card game Illuminati? You were dealt cards and had to create a chain of conspiracy all the time trying to discredit or influtrate the other player's chain of conspiracy. It was based on a series of books that were fiction but so many believed were true. In fact many conspiracy theories have their origin in hoaxes (false flag), fiction and satire that appeal to those who can't get the joke as true. Throw any fictional trope out there and given enough time it'll become a “true” conspiracy theory. Shape-shifting reptilians? The theory doesn't preexist the TV mini-series “V” in the 1980s.
Ozoneocean at 5:04AM, June 27, 2013
(online)
Hahah. False Flag… - named after troops taking action using the enemy colours for the purpose of confusion or provocation?
…Always suspected but almost never happens.

I just watched “So Fine”- it's a farce from 1981 staring the gigantic Richard Kiel and even the huge Fred Gwyn (Herman Munster), but Richard was a lot bigger.
There was some clever stuff about Othello, but mainly I watched it for the bottomless jeans. :)
Such a Pinky TA style there!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon