Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA! 2013/2014
gullas at 9:00AM, Oct. 12, 2013
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
I missed you Gullas :)
Missed you too Ozone, you magnificent hat connoisseur….
bravo1102 at 6:49AM, Oct. 14, 2013
(offline)
JustNoPoint wrote:
I have a new found hatred for all you people after this project :)
Join the club, line forms to the left.

And then I hate you too because I was getting used to not updating the comic. And thie site is back and I'm finally back to working full-time. There aren't enough hours in the day to shoot more scenes and catch up on all the anime and movies I haven't watched in the past ten years.
Genejoke at 11:58AM, Oct. 14, 2013
(online)
So a mad time for my life. A few of you may remember my marriage broe down earlier this year, the hardest part was that my wife was pregnant. Well she isn't anymore as the little boy was born about a week ago. I'm lucky that things are amicable with the ex so kids aren't affected too much. Shame not everything is so simple, adusting to being alone after eleven years has been tough. So I'm still slowly plugging away at BASO when i can but inspiration comes hard at present. However with the duck being back maybe I'll get back on track. maybe…
Gunwallace at 12:28PM, Oct. 15, 2013
(offline)
Genejoke wrote:
the little boy was born about a week ago.
Is congrats the appropiate term to use? Hope life is sorting itself out a little for you.
David ‘Gunwallace’ Tulloch, www.virtuallycomics.com
Genejoke at 8:22AM, Oct. 16, 2013
(online)
Congrats is apt, even with “issues”
SO new fantasy comic… I need a title. something non too specefic.
Banes at 3:00PM, Oct. 16, 2013
(offline)
Hey Genejoke, congratulations and I hope you get a handle on things. For what it's worth, I believe you CAN rebuild and have the life you want. You seem like a smart fellow.There's probably something vital about doing what MATTERS to you, your comics, stories, art or whatever it happens to be, in order to overcome the hardest times.

Anywho,

A non-specific fantasy title. Hmmm…

“The Pemmican-chewing werewolf knights who drink, and fight the blue cheerleaders with foam rubber bats.”

Oy…I'm posessed by Kou the Mad.

Seriously then…
Dark Matter
A Blanket of Stars
oh…that's more sci fi.

How about…

STEEL!
How to Spell
Cloaks

last edited on Oct. 16, 2013 3:02PM
HippieVan at 4:32PM, Oct. 16, 2013
(online)
Congrats, Genejoke!
What's the tone of the fantasy comic? Goofy or serious?
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Genejoke at 11:46PM, Oct. 16, 2013
(online)
It's more serious, think D
bravo1102 at 12:00PM, Oct. 17, 2013
(offline)
Genejoke wrote:
It's more serious, think D
Big Old Fun Fantasy Comic or B.O.F.F.O
“Never enough hit points”
“I hate it when that happens”
“Into the icky”
“Bad Days and Worse Nights”
Comic book guy presents: “Worst fantasy comic ever”
“A Sword, a girl and lots of killing”
“Battle girls in Hell”
“Blood isn't always red”
gullas at 1:32PM, Oct. 17, 2013
(offline)
Forgot “The-ragband-of Murder-hobos that-convinently-got-together-at-a-bar-and-started-wrecking-havoc”
Lonnehart at 2:05PM, Oct. 17, 2013
(online)
Lovely. Right when I find my way back to The Duck Webcomics I have a typhoon sitting over my head…
Genejoke at 2:43PM, Oct. 17, 2013
(online)
Well maybe not too DMine is taking a few character tropes and playing with them a little but will have the fantasy epic vibe, well maybe not epic…
N.Q.E. (not quite epic)
Banes at 6:23PM, Oct. 17, 2013
(offline)
I like “Into the Icky”, bravo…maybe the title of your next horror project?

How about “ YOFE - Ye Olde Fantasie Epic ” ?

Lonnehart at 8:38PM, Oct. 17, 2013
(online)
Hmm… maybe I'll make a Star Trek Fan Webcomic. It's very tempting, but I'm finding it hard to imagine Ozoneocean, Skoolmunkee, or Bravo as starship captains. And telling a story with 3 starships in it (each story about one alternating with the others) to be difficult…
Still, nice to think about especially with the stories being told from the former first officer of all three captains (Tactical Officer Katch). ;)
Ozoneocean at 1:46AM, Oct. 18, 2013
(online)
I would be like space pirate captain Harlock. :)
Genejoke at 2:48AM, Oct. 18, 2013
(online)
New comic has a title… Lore. Have created the comic on the site but no pages just yet, will put up some preview art soon.
Got the dentist later, filling came out a little while back and now have an abcess… guh!
bravo1102 at 6:25AM, Oct. 18, 2013
(offline)
Lonnehart wrote:
Hmm… maybe I'll make a Star Trek Fan Webcomic. It's very tempting, but I'm finding it hard to imagine Ozoneocean, Skoolmunkee, or Bravo as starship captains. And telling a story with 3 starships in it (each story about one alternating with the others) to be difficult…
Still, nice to think about especially with the stories being told from the former first officer of all three captains (Tactical Officer Katch). ;)
Considering I was a tank commander in the Army, yeah kind of hard to imagine me commanding something with a crew 100 times as large. Maybe a section chief or dare to dream a Master Chief but not commanding officer. But then if that screw-up from the movie Battleship can do it, I can.

Considering my current comic is about commanding a deep space survey vessel it shouldn't be that hard to imagine me commanding a ship in Star Trek. I even have half a script written where Star Trek types run afoul of Grey Guys from the Robofemoids.
Ozoneocean at 8:13AM, Oct. 18, 2013
(online)
@Genejoke- Abcesses are no fun. I used to get those a lot back when I had my wisdom teeth in. Some anti inflamatories and antibiotics though and you're good. :)

@Bravo, so what's your starship crew like then Commander? I always pictured my starship crew as women, many women… who's uniforms consist of a haletrtop and thigh high stockings aaaand… that's all.
Hmmm, great comic idea ^_^
gullas at 12:01PM, Oct. 18, 2013
(offline)
Lonnehart wrote:
just saying, Ensign Gullas has a tone to it *nudgenudgewinkwink*
Lonnehart at 2:14PM, Oct. 18, 2013
(online)
gullas wrote:
just saying, Ensign Gullas has a tone to it *nudgenudgewinkwink*
How about “First Officer”? Captain Katch will need someone to tell her stories to.

The fanwebcomic goes like this. Katch has just made the rank of Captain and she's also been given command of one of the newest ships in Starfleet.

One of these…
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Avenger_Battle_Cruiser

Yes, yes, it's an Vice Admiral level ship in Star Trek Online, but I'm going to ignore that…

Now then, the new captain's stories reflect back on her career when she served under three different captains. And she will have a lot of stories to tell… like how when Ozoneocean decided to break the Prime Directive to save some space babes from slavery.

Despite her frustrations with each of the captains she's learned much from them, and hopes her new First Officer will learn something from the stories. :)
bravo1102 at 2:27PM, Oct. 18, 2013
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:

@Bravo, so what's your starship crew like then Commander? I always pictured my starship crew as women, many women…
Pretty much the Aordians as depicted in Battle of the Robofemoids. There are some plans for a continuing comic about the Aordian who were converted. After all they are nearly indestructible super warriors who can defeat Jedis, get rid of the mind control and viola! And there are those built in beam weapons they have to strip to use…
HippieVan at 3:44PM, Oct. 18, 2013
(online)
Ooh, Bravo can be one of those guys who's an ambassador or technical expert or something who comes onboard the enterprise for a specific mission and tries to take way too much control for himself, clashing with the crew and inevitably with the Captain.
No offense, Bravo. I just feel like you would play that kind of non-evil antagonistic part well.

Oz should definitely get his crew of busty space-ladies. It can be like Mudd's women. ;)

I'm happy with a bit part for myself as long as I get to kiss Chekov at some point.

Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Lonnehart at 12:11AM, Oct. 19, 2013
(online)
Too bad it won't be possible. Well… it IS possible, but the comic would be shut down by Paramount/CBS for using canon characters (which is why most of the “canon” characters you meet in Star Trek Online look nothing like their TV/Movie counterpart as you need permission from the studios and the actors themselves to use their likenesses).

I see the three captains as these…

Bravo as an Engineering captain. They command cruisers (such as the Enterprise ships), can mess with enemy weapons while enhancing their own, can fabricate generators and mortars of all sorts while on ground missions and can rapidly repair ship hulls while in space. In fact, you can think of a Cruiser class ship as a sort of “space tank”, its mass being its armor and its beam weapons/torpedoes punching through the armor of other ships.

Ozone would be a Tactical captain, but would also be like Kirk. Great with weapons, captains ships such as the Defiant class warships, but will violate the Prime Directive if he thinks it's necessary…

Skoolmunkee would be a Science captain, always on survey and exploration missions. Except some of the missions she finds herself and her crew in tend to end with things having gone horribly wrong…. Has the the unfortunate Miranda class ship assignment called the USS Unreliant…
last edited on Oct. 19, 2013 12:13AM
Genejoke at 1:12AM, Oct. 19, 2013
(online)
Who would be the redshirts?
Ozoneocean at 6:12AM, Oct. 19, 2013
(online)
Hippie

Oz should definitely get his crew of busty space-ladies. It can be like Mudd's women. ;)
Yess and yess, and even better: “I, Mudd”! THAT is the dream ^__^
Lonne

Ozone would be a Tactical captain, but would also be like Kirk. Great
with weapons, captains ships such as the Defiant class warships, but
will violate the Prime Directive if he thinks it's necessary
I agree, but what of hippie? Perhaps somethin from the classic episode “the Way To Eden”
hmmm… yes, perfect! The character Irina Galliulin is a love interest of Checkov!
Genejoke

Who would be the redshirts?
we have a looooot of innactive accounts that fit that bill pretty well.
last edited on Oct. 19, 2013 6:15AM
Genejoke at 6:19AM, Oct. 19, 2013
(online)
Well hopefully many will become active again in time.
Lonnehart at 2:40PM, Oct. 19, 2013
(online)
Genejoke wrote:
Well hopefully many will become active again in time.
I hope for this as well. :)
Lonnehart at 3:48AM, Oct. 20, 2013
(online)
Found something that might intrest Ozone. ;p

Youtube Video: We Are Klingon (Die Young parody?)

Ugh… just finished reinstalling Windows, but this time with the AVG antivirus software. AVG worked great for a number of years, but now the latest version kept labelling my Windows excecutable as a virus deleted it. After a couple attempted installations I only find out now that AVG is the problem… Windows only has a problem when I install the latest version of the software.
Or maybe Windows is now rigged so it makes AVG malfunction, thus turning me to Microsoft's own Security Essentials… hmm…
last edited on Oct. 20, 2013 3:34PM
Ironscarf at 12:08PM, Oct. 21, 2013
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
“the Way To Eden”

Yay Brother!
last edited on Oct. 21, 2013 12:10PM
HippieVan at 4:49PM, Oct. 21, 2013
(online)
Ironscarf wrote:

Yay Brother!
Are you One, Herbert?