Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA! 2013/2014
Ozoneocean at 11:25PM, Aug. 1, 2014
(online)
It took me a while to work that out… oh how I hate Tumblr.
So you basically have to read it backwards- keep clicking “next” an read the strips at the bottom of the page and work up to get a sense of the story. :)

That comic is a good writing/drawing exersise. Heh, I used to have a hair cut like that back when I was 8 or something… Too many years ago. It'd be weird to try a Steve Rodgers look. It's even weird when you see the difference in look with that actor, Chris Evens- say between how he looks in Scott Pilgrim. Just the look of his face changes so much.
mishi_hime at 8:16AM, Aug. 2, 2014
(online)
Is this the only thread you people are posting in? D:
I feel like I'm Simba returning to the pride lands only to find out everyones gone and there's no food whatsoever. Hmmm. What did I miss? *Flips through random comics*
Signature.txt
Lonnehart at 3:02PM, Aug. 2, 2014
(online)
Wow… this is scary weather…

Last Wednesday, a tropical storm passed us here on Guam. Now what was once Tropical Storm Halong is now a Super Typhoon. I hope it hits no one. I wouldn't wish something like that on anyone. :(

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/halong-becomes-super-typhoon-j/31488164
last edited on Aug. 2, 2014 3:03PM
Ironscarf at 3:39PM, Aug. 2, 2014
(offline)
mishi_hime wrote:
Is this the only thread you people are posting in? D:
I feel like I'm Simba returning to the pride lands only to find out everyones gone and there's no food whatsoever. Hmmm. What did I miss? *Flips through random comics*
Picture this thread as a nuclear bunker, deep underground. Those of us who made it are all sheltering from the Wowio fallout.

Word is it's safe to go out there again, but nobody wants to be the first to try.
bravo1102 at 6:04AM, Aug. 4, 2014
(offline)
And it's really comfy here.

With the other social media these days community news isn't posted here as readily as it is on Facebook for example.
Ozoneocean at 6:27AM, Aug. 4, 2014
(online)
I think I'm getting a cold… That feeling of lightheadedness, muscle weakness and persistant snottiness is stealing over me. -_-
I really HATE that! I'm way more active these days, exercising again regularely and sticking with it finally, got myself a nice toned shape for my size… and now this sort of thing comes along threatening to smash it.

Damn colds!

A more RANTY rant- I need to make a change on my plain tickets for my holiday and the dicks I have bought them through have been fucking me around for a week, saying it will cost me another $420. Fuck them! I will see if my bank can reverse the credit card charges and the flight people can go fuck themselves.

Also the DD contract stuff will be harder to organise now and there's going to be more on my shoulders due to changes with my team… not happy about that at all, but I will work through regardless as always.
bravo1102 at 7:57AM, Aug. 4, 2014
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
I think I'm getting a cold… That feeling of lightheadedness, muscle weakness and persistant snottiness is stealing over me. -_-
A good work can take care of general snottiness. But I recommend hot and spicy food myself. For the lightheadedness cadiologists recommend running and walking. The up and down motion helps the body regain its balance and clear the head. But of course always consult with a medical professional and not random acquintances on the internet.

A more RANTY rant- I need to make a change on my plain tickets for my holiday and the dicks I have bought them through have been fucking me around for a week, saying it will cost me another $420. Fuck them! I will see if my bank can reverse the credit card charges and the flight people can go fuck themselves.
That's the wonderful thing about paying for all travel arragnements through American Express. Those airlines try to dick with you and Amex is on your side and cancelling and rearranging itinteries isn't too much of a problem. All airlines are mis-managed by idiots these days with no concern for the individual traveller. Pack them in the planes almost like livestock on a cattle car. I was more comfy riding a jump seat on a C-130 back in the day. There were no pretenses of comfort. Webbing seat with no room and here's your MRE. That odd looking tent over there is the shitter. That tube in the wall is the pisser. Enjoy. But amazingly more legroom because you're seated facing the middle of the plane.

And my wife can't travel coach due to her physical problems so I'm cast adrift in a sea of crying children and fellow next to me just sleeps the whole planeride. Thrilling. And no room to read a full-size book as opposed to pocket paperback when the guy in front decides to lean back.
Ironscarf at 10:11AM, Aug. 4, 2014
(offline)
There is a large fox eating my plums and he's been at it for the last four hours. The blighter is getting steadily drunk on fermented fruit and if I shoo him away he just comes right back again. I think I'll leave him to it. Drowning his vulpine sorrows I suppose - we've all been there.
Skullbie at 6:57PM, Aug. 4, 2014
(online)
So a thrift shop near me has this giant 24“+ tank on display. The thing is massive- doesn't work, but it's impressive looking. They wont sell it and it just collects dust next to some stuffed animals they've made part of their display. Manager was really nice and got it down for me to get the model #, but wouldn't budge on selling it, ”everyone asks", and etc. The ones on ebay that work with all the parts are 250-300$ since shipping is very high. Well out of my price range.
Gah. Go figure the first nice thing I find at a thrift shop isn't for sale.
bravo1102 at 8:28AM, Aug. 5, 2014
(offline)
Skullbie wrote:
So a thrift shop near me has this giant 24"+ tank on display. The thing is massive- doesn't work, but it's impressive looking. They wont sell it and it just collects dust next to some stuffed animals they've made part of their display.
I've been trying to get the one I grew up with back from my brother's kids. I know it's in their attic. I got another on Ebay a few years back for cheap because it needed major repairs. Did most of the repairs but still have to repaint the thing.

I have a pile of large scale vehicles from Barbie and Joe etc. Sometimes I think there are better homes for them than my storage unit. But do I really want to dig any out to properly sell? Or just wait for the script where I'll use it in a comic? The temptation is there to get rid of all the large scale stuff and use regular scaled kits and the magic of Photoshop.
Skullbie at 11:04AM, Aug. 5, 2014
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:

I have a pile of large scale vehicles from Barbie and Joe etc. Sometimes I think there are better homes for them than my storage unit. But do I really want to dig any out to properly sell? Or just wait for the script where I'll use it in a comic? The temptation is there to get rid of all the large scale stuff and use regular scaled kits and the magic of Photoshop.
What one is it? Pics? Here's the one they had:

I'm trying to buy a giantic district 9 exosuit. I rewatched the film and changed some of my original “its shit” opinion, but its kind of amazing how the film had such top-notch designs. The figure is custom made to order so i'm scared about the price.
bravo1102 at 1:21PM, Aug. 5, 2014
(offline)
This guy: the Defenders Iron Knight tank.

What you have pictured is the 21st Century Toys M5A1 light tank. I kick myself for missing out on it's last incarnation as the motorized M5A1 tank in Wal-mart for $99 and clearanced with 30% off. But I have three of the 1/35th scale kit it is a scale enlargment of.
Ozoneocean at 9:36PM, Aug. 6, 2014
(online)
Those are nice little light tank types, very podgey, cute beasties.

When I was little I had a big remote controlled Birtish Conqueror tank. -big to me anyway. Loved it… but I ruined it of course, as all stupid kids do.
I still like the look of those big heavy Conquerors, with their molded turrets and oversized guns.

———–

I finally sorted out my plane tickets fully! So now I'll be flying out to Turkey on the 20th of this month and then coming back to Australia on the 17th of September, YAY! It was a long trial to get those bastards to change the date of the return flight.
So That encouraged me to try other hard things that have been worrying me at the back of my mind and I've been putting off… Last night it was my income tax return. -_-

Harrrrd work. :(
It's done now for this year though at least.
Makes me see I need to start earning more cash and stop doing so much crap for free for everybody and their dog.
kawaiidaigakusei at 1:15AM, Aug. 7, 2014
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
Makes me see I need to start earning more cash and stop doing so much crap for free for everybody and their dog.
My Latin teacher taught me in dictation that “The love of money is the root of all evil” and it is a motto I have lived with my whole adult life. I have channeled my energies focused on non-profits and unpaid internships (which are a complete joke, by the way). However, I was not born yesterday and I know that money can make the day-to-day A LOT more enjoyable. Still, if earning more figures means longer nights at an office or having to live in a remote location 90% of the year, then I would rather go with living in a nice place with just enough to get by. I heard that $40,000/year is the amount needed to splurge for a whole year at expensive restaurants and spending sprees, and $80,000/year is the amount needed for a person to be their happiest because by then, their bills are paid off and everything after that is icing on the cake. I still dislike money, though, money buys material objects and I have too many material objects. Blah, enough about money.

I have been drinking (kale) or (kale+spinach) or (carrots) blended with filtered water instead of meals for the last four days. This has been an unintentional liquid fast but I just happen to have a very good blender and an abundance of frozen greens in the freezer. I figured that a 16oz mason jar of blended green water costs about 10 cents (adds up to about 30 cents a day), which is a much reasonable and healthier alternative to top ramen for the price. After the third day, I started craving meat more than ever. So I drove to In N Out at 11PM and ordered a double-double, whole grilled onion, XL XT only. Animal protein is just one of those things that veggies will never replace. I could never be a vegan. It also makes me wonder why youtube vloggers that promote the “healthy” raw food lifestyle and juice “fasting cleanses” sometimes appear frail, gaunt, and weaker than average.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
last edited on Aug. 7, 2014 10:45AM
Ironscarf at 6:47AM, Aug. 7, 2014
(offline)
In anticipation of Scotland voting on independece from the UK, I'm learning some Scottish terminology. In Scotland, greet doesn't mean to welcome someone - it means to moan or cry/wail uncontrollably. This gives a whole new slant to the phrase ‘meet and greet’.
last edited on Aug. 7, 2014 3:28PM
Lonnehart at 1:14PM, Aug. 7, 2014
(online)
kawaiidaigakusei wrote:
ozoneocean wrote:
My Latin teacher taught me in dictation that “The love of money is the root of all evil” and it is a motto I have lived with my whole adult life. I have channeled my energies focused on non-profits and unpaid internships (which are a complete joke, by the way). However, I was not born yesterday and I know that money can make the day-to-day A LOT more enjoyable. Still, if earning more figures means longer nights at an office or having to live in a remote location 90% of the year, then I would rather go with living in a nice place with just enough to get by. I heard that $40,000/year is the amount needed to splurge for a whole year at expensive restaurants and spending sprees, and $80,000/year is the amount needed for a person to be their happiest because by then, their bills are paid off and everything after that is icing on the cake. I still dislike money, though, money buys material objects and I have too many material objects. Blah, enough about money.

I have been drinking (kale) or (kale+spinach) or (carrots) blended with filtered water instead of meals for the last four days. This has been an unintentional liquid fast but I just happen to have a very good blender and an abundance of frozen greens in the freezer. I figured that a 16oz mason jar of blended green water costs about 10 cents (adds up to about 30 cents a day), which is a much reasonable and healthier alternative to top ramen for the price. After the third day, I started craving meat more than ever. So I drove to In N Out at 11PM and ordered a double-double, whole grilled onion, XL XT only. Animal protein is just one of those things that veggies will never replace. I could never be a vegan. It also makes me wonder why youtube vloggers that promote the “healthy” raw food lifestyle and juice “fasting cleanses” sometimes appear frail, gaunt, and weaker than average.
I like to think that the “overlove of money” is what brings about bad things. The desire to have more than you need and going through great lengths to get it…

I will probably never understand why some single very rich men out there desire to live in a mansion that has more rooms than they need. I mean… isn't it a pain having to pay someone to mantain all of those rooms? Which are not being used???

Expensive restaurants are great, but I'd rather go once in a while instead of every night. That gets old pretty fast. Home cooked meals never get old though. Probably because it's something you made yourself, or it was made by someone else who you care about.

A liquid diet, eh? I prefer a high fiber diet. But not TOO high. I'd like to avoid my uncle's predicament of developing colon cancer as much as possible.
Ozoneocean at 8:36PM, Aug. 7, 2014
(online)
I've done pelenty of the “live on how much you need, no more and enjoy life” bit, but if I want to have more for THINGS, and to be able to have stuff to fall back on in the future then I need more.
-Time to be a little more like the ant rather than the grasshopper.

—————

Speaking of food, I probably need to start pigging out more. I've reached and past the point with my exercising of the engery balance equation: enegry use ecxeeds energy intake.
That's bad. I hadn't realised till now. No wonder I feel like shit.

Quite a hidden trap that. There are no auto safety mechanisisms on the body that warn you when you're getting into a danger area, you only get signs when you've past into it and been in there a while.
Lonnehart at 10:35PM, Aug. 7, 2014
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
I've done pelenty of the “live on how much you need, no more and enjoy life” bit, but if I want to have more for THINGS, and to be able to have stuff to fall back on in the future then I need more.
-Time to be a little more like the ant rather than the grasshopper.

—————

Speaking of food, I probably need to start pigging out more. I've reached and past the point with my exercising of the engery balance equation: enegry use ecxeeds energy intake.
That's bad. I hadn't realised till now. No wonder I feel like shit.

Quite a hidden trap that. There are no auto safety mechanisisms on the body that warn you when you're getting into a danger area, you only get signs when you've past into it and been in there a while.
Gotta love how in the 80's (and maybe earlier) someone advertised that vigorous exercise plus starvation diet equalled losing weight. We now know it's a very bad idea, but some crazy people don't want to hear it. As my well meaning but crazy coworker (the same one who wants me to try his crazy diet despite it making him look sickly and frail)… “The body needing carbs is a ****ing myth!”…
bravo1102 at 7:43AM, Aug. 8, 2014
(offline)
All of us need to stop thinking so much. That's how you miss the obvious signs of eating too much or exercising past the level of caloric intake. You're putting too much into thinking and not enough into justbeing.

But before starting any diet or exercise regimen please consult your doctor.

I found torrents of all those great BBC Masterpiece Theater series from when I was a little kid. So now I can the entire run of The First Churchills and Elizabeth R and revel in historical drama from back when Historical actually mattered in a drama. Compare The Tudors to The Six Wives of Henry VIII. One follows the chronicles and records and the other has some historical names and an occasional event but no other resemblance to history but plenty of boobs and sex.
Skullbie at 3:13PM, Aug. 8, 2014
(online)
Got a new job, hate it so far. Everyone is pretty unprofessional and it's boring as shit. Also a girl was working and i said “wow, you're fast!” and she turns around angry and dead serious; ‘did you just call me fat?’. Yeah,i just called someone i have to work with on my third comment fat. Guess I know who the overly-sensitive one is.

Welp, here's hoping it gets better.
Lonnehart at 9:45PM, Aug. 8, 2014
(online)
*sigh* I would've loved to have the chance to meet Steve Blum or even hear him speak at the local anime convention (called “ReCon”), but after seeing the huge line outside the store I turned back. Just seeing it drained my patience bar far into the negatives. Draining it further were all the male cosplayers…. dressed as the female vocaloids, as that woman named Faye from the one anime I can't remember the name of, and more dressed as female maids…
kawaiidaigakusei at 9:57PM, Aug. 8, 2014
(online)
I woke up to this as the most popular youtube video this morning:

Wow, ozoneocean! This happened at the Stirling Station. Your part of the world sure knows how to utilize manpower as good as China.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Ozoneocean at 9:58PM, Aug. 8, 2014
(online)
@Skulbie… she wasn't cis-gengered was she? OMG, you're not working at CF are you? O_o
The womwn was prbably jelous of how you look or something. I know it might be sexist, trite, and cliche, but that seems to be a huge sourse of hostility amoung a lot of women.
Take her agression as a compliment. :)

@Bravo- just being is the problem. I don't think when I do things, I set myself on automatic and just go on that way like a machine. I could probably exersise until organ failure if I let myself… I can be very autistic in the way I seperate thinking from behaviour, which is why I sewed until the nerves in my thumb gave out at the start of this year. -I can move it again now and almost have all the strength back! :D
Ironscarf at 4:33AM, Aug. 9, 2014
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
@Skulbie… she wasn't cis-gengered was she? OMG, you're not working at CF are you? O_o
You shouldn't disrespect the nicest, most supportive community on the internet ozone. At least, that's what they kept telling me it was, before they stuck the knife in - and took turns at twisting it!

Skullbie, that is hilarious. You should note that down and any future corkers for character reference - that's what I always do. The stuff real people come out with is better than anything I can think up.
last edited on Aug. 9, 2014 4:43AM
bravo1102 at 2:25PM, Aug. 9, 2014
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:

@Bravo- just being is the problem. I don't think when I do things, I set myself on automatic and just go on that way like a machine. I could probably exersise until organ failure if I let myself… I can be very autistic in the way I seperate thinking from behaviour, which is why I sewed until the nerves in my thumb gave out at the start of this year. -I can move it again now and almost have all the strength back! :D
Um no that is not what it means. Just being implies total self-awareness. Just being means your consciousness is not turned off and you are working on automatic. You are not in the zone but a part of the zone with total situational awareness. There is no thought but total knowing of where you are and what you are doing. Not thinking but knowing. If you are working on soemthing with complete knowledge, awareness and being you cannot injure yourself as you would feel be fully aware of any harm. Just being means awareness of every fiber of your being and with awareness of your being you ain't gonna work till you drop dead.

My big problem is I am aware of everything around me but the least little interuption is still a major irritant and I strike out with anger because of the interruption. I don't shift gears well.
kawaiidaigakusei at 4:14PM, Aug. 11, 2014
(online)
Oh goodness, sad day! Rest in Peace, Robin Williams.

Especially eerie because I was just chatting about One Hour Photo with Banes and Oz no more than 48 hours ago.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Ozoneocean at 8:32PM, Aug. 12, 2014
(online)
Ah Bravo, you're such a wanker sometimes, but that's why I love you :D
BTW man, Gunwallce dd a theme for Robofemoids on the latest Quackcast! You need to hear it! ^_^
——-
Lauren Becall died too. The lady with the fantastic hair…
That's who I was thinking of when I drew my version of Vera Vavoom for the 2012 DD Radio play :(
http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/2012_DD_Radio_Play/5390764/
Ironscarf at 2:55AM, Aug. 13, 2014
(offline)
I feel doubly sad - once for Lauren Bacall's death and once for not knowing she had still been alive. Her on screen chemistry with Bogart was fantastic - and off screen too it seems. I love this, from The Guardian obit:

In old age, she raged against what she saw as the mediocrity of
contemporary Hollywood, as represented by everything from the career of
Tom Cruise to the Twilight movies that her granddaughter dragged her to
see. She said it was the greatest vampire film ever made, Bacall
recalled. After the film was over, I wanted to smack her across the
head with my shoe.
Ozoneocean at 6:34AM, Aug. 13, 2014
(online)
I laughed out loud at the shoe remark!
bravo1102 at 7:50AM, Aug. 13, 2014
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
Ah Bravo, you're such a wanker sometimes, but that's why I love you :D
So you are calling me a fucking idiot who can only get sexual gratitification my masturbating. Thanks love you too. ;-) Anyway…

Wanking is one of the secrets to Tantric consciousness. Tantic consciousness is a prime component of just being. Besides the first work I ever threw out into the ether was entitled Masturbation by Pen. :-D And one of my favorite horror short stories is Hand of the Wanker.

As if anyone cares I didn't figure out masturbation by myself but was taught it by one of my first girlfriends. So I never wanked until a girl taught me. That's kind of a contradiction of the usual use of the term to imply a guy who only gets off by using his own hand and not with girls. ;-) I got off with girls first and one showed me what a hand could do.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon