Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA! 2013/2014
Ozoneocean at 9:00AM, April 7, 2013
(online)
Quick, clean the pubes outta your keyboard!!!!

…Just something I felt like saying :3
kawaiidaigakusei at 2:49PM, April 7, 2013
(online)
There has to be a story that goes with this.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
last edited on April 7, 2013 2:51PM
Katch at 5:42PM, April 7, 2013
(offline)
I doubt it…he's just weird like that XD
Something goes here
Lonnehart at 6:50PM, April 7, 2013
(online)
But if there weren't any weirdness around, the world would be less interesting…
Ugh… when I see people speaking only in CAPS LOCK in general/public/zone chat, my response?

“Speaking in CAPS LOCK is a symptom of a common interenet disease known as SKS… or Sticky Keyboard Syndrome. One of the major causes of SKS is viewing too much explicit material on the internet.”

That usually shuts people up… because somehow the joke goes over their heads. -_-
last edited on April 7, 2013 6:51PM
Katch at 8:12PM, April 7, 2013
(offline)
That happens a lot in games I play
Someone will be all over map chat yelling at people in all caps, all the time.
Rodger that, Commander Caps lock .___. calm yo shit.
Something goes here
Ozoneocean at 8:14PM, April 7, 2013
(online)
Heh, the closest I've had was a lot of cat fur in my keyboard- technically that could be “pussy hair” …no. Just No.
Lonnehart wrote:
“Speaking in CAPS LOCK is a symptom of a common interenet disease known as SKS… or Sticky Keyboard Syndrome. One of the major causes of SKS is viewing too much explicit material on the internet.”
HEY, THAT'S ACTUALLY PRETTY CLEVER!
…oops >_>
Katch at 8:26PM, April 7, 2013
(offline)
*Swats with sketchbook*
You there~ this is the caps lock police! None of that! XD
Something goes here
Ozoneocean at 8:40PM, April 7, 2013
(online)
I CAN'T HELP IT, IT'S SKS. WHUT CAN YOU DO?
Quick, clean the pubes outta your keyboard!!!!
Katch at 8:48PM, April 7, 2013
(offline)
Trying to remember how things work on here as i'm updating bunnies XD
MADNESS! …oh no…it's spreading o_o
Something goes here
Ozoneocean at 8:51PM, April 7, 2013
(online)
Remove all your clothes and then set them on fire.
-It won't fix anything but it helps.

———

I have “Watching the Detectives” by Elvis Costelloe on constant repeat on my headphones.
Love that song.
Great lyrics and imagery- “She pulls the eyes out with a face like a magnet”
last edited on April 7, 2013 9:01PM
Katch at 9:16PM, April 7, 2013
(offline)
Hardy har har~ never happening XD
Something goes here
Ozoneocean at 9:18PM, April 7, 2013
(online)
OK, the fire part isn't necessary. ;)
kawaiidaigakusei at 9:26PM, April 7, 2013
(online)
The workplace keeps playing Lenka's “The Show” on the speakers. It is so upbeat and happy it is almost impossible not to have a good day when this songs comes on.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Katch at 9:30PM, April 7, 2013
(offline)
I don't think i've heard that song .__. *goes to look it up~
BTW, your comment makes me want to find and commission people to make me bunny things. hahaaa~geez XD
Something goes here
Ozoneocean at 9:37PM, April 7, 2013
(online)
Second cup of coffee of the day… fricken failing here. Energy reserves gorn… Maybe I need to change my diet?

I am unaware of that song, I will look it up when I'm not in the office. The horrible, air-conditioned florescent lit office.
Katch at 9:53PM, April 7, 2013
(offline)
Coffee sounds nice~mmmm~ O 3 O
I want to make a comic…but I have like, five stories and a bajillion random ideas buzzing around in my head. And no time! IDFK *flips table*
Something goes here
kawaiidaigakusei at 9:55PM, April 7, 2013
(online)

I taught myself how to crochet from watching youtube videos and a simple how-to book two years ago. It is very important to know multiplication tables, have plenty of light, listen to music without lyrics and find a whole hour of seclusion with minimal interruptions. I do not even use patterns anymore, they are automatically created from my head. I have some white yarn and fiberfill laying around. Katch– I will take a photo and send it to you when I get around to making an amigurumi of Nu.
==
Light to Medium Roast Coffee is delicious but coffee breath is not. I started drinking coffee six months ago, and do not want to get to the point where I use coffee like fuel. It is the perfect drink to have a pretty nice conversation (tea is as well) but I tend to be more upbeat from all the caffiene.

The types to avoid–the flavored ones from gas stations that have been sitting on the warmer for hours. I just tried some today and had to throw away the cup after walking three blocks. Kona is delicious, and home ground and brewed is also not too shabby.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
last edited on April 7, 2013 10:04PM
Katch at 10:01PM, April 7, 2013
(offline)
kawaiidaigakusei wrote:

I taught myself how to crochet from watching youtube videos and a simple how-to book two years ago. It is very important to know multiplication tables, have plenty of light, listen to music without lyrics and find a whole hour of seclusion with minimal interruptions. I do not even use patterns anymore, they are automatically created from my head. I have some white yarn and fiberfill laying around. Katch– I will take a photo and send it to you when I get around to making an amigurumi of Nu.
O A O …
*radiant glow of happiness*
<3
Something goes here
Katch at 10:07PM, April 7, 2013
(offline)
I'm a tea person, but occasionally I enjoy coffee <3
Something goes here
Ozoneocean at 10:23PM, April 7, 2013
(online)
Typical American coffee seems to be that black gritty, almost tobacco tasting stuff…? I dunno, but it seemed the most popular sort at most places. I don't like it.
What I DO like though is instant coffee :)
And also a nice cappuccino from a cafe.

Both preferences come from my parents.

Sleep trumps coffee 1000%!

Those are amazing crochets!
Katch at 10:33PM, April 7, 2013
(offline)
LOL “American coffee”
you just have to get good stuff as opposed to dirt grounds.
If I get coffee, it's from a cafe who know's what they're doing.
Something goes here
kawaiidaigakusei at 10:39PM, April 7, 2013
(online)
Thanks!
For me, I enjoy an iced coffee plain but nothing beats the taste of the top layer foam art of a latte. I had a similar experience to Marcel Proust when I figured out the meaning of life while sitting in a coffee conservatory down my street and ordering my first double latte.

Crocheting while listening to Chopin's Nocturne, Ballade, Fantasy Impromptu, and Polonaise at night with absolutely no distractions, deadlines or interputions is quite possibly the best possible way to spend the evening.
==
Oh my gosh, and how could I forget? I made it to a showing of the latest Miyazaki Movie “From Up on Poppy Hill” about two weeks ago and it was a Miyazaki film minus all the weirdness and magic that usually appears in his films. It was directed by his son, which explains a lot, but I enjoyed it thoroughly and it made its way to the top spot of my favorite Studio Ghibli film of all time because of the attention to the architectural backgrounds.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
kawaiidaigakusei at 10:42PM, April 7, 2013
(online)
My coffee ranges from organic, free trade drip coffee to McDonald's coffee to gas station coffee. I am pretty easy to please as long as it tastes alright and it cost less than $2. Interesting enough, I am not a fan of the 'Bucks.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Katch at 10:47PM, April 7, 2013
(offline)
Sounds like a nice evening! * u *
I'm not sure if I like all of Miyazaki's son's work just yet, still getting used to it. There's a distinct difference, but it's still very high quality Ghibli stuff :3
Also, i just raided my closet looking for a crocheting needle, no luck XD only knitting needles~
Something goes here
Ozoneocean at 10:50PM, April 7, 2013
(online)
Coffee in Australia is almost $5 a cup- and remember the Aussie dollar is worth more than the US so that's like OVER $5 a cup US. Bad :(
A quick trip to a cafe for some coffee and cake here will cost you over $20 easily, if you're the on paying… Which I usually am.

Whisper of the Heart and Graveyard of the Fireflys were pretty stripped of magic. They do that realistic style exceedingly well.
bravo1102 at 11:16PM, April 7, 2013
(offline)
I've never had a colour printer. It's always been cheaper to go to some office supply place or pro printer and get the work done. As long as you have the right files, good res and colour, they have the expertise and the best materials.

Home printers are not a great thing. They're convenient and they can do a fantastic job, but just not cost effective and never will be.
It was an ALPS dry ink printer. Kind of unique. No office supply store or pro-printer could do what it could for as little; print white on decal paper. It paid for itself after the first commission years ago. Custom decals are big among model builders because you can do something no one else has ever done. Some model decals also have a shelf life so replacing old dried up yellowed kit decals was a big thing.

One of favorite residents had a nasty fall off the bed the other day. I had just been talking to her the day before too. She knocked the phone off the hook and landed on the floor face down so couldn't cry out. Her neighbor called me at the desk saying she heard faint cries from the room. She's a tiny little thing and fell between her nightstand and bed and half of her ended up under the bed and all you could see was two stick legs. Going through the room I have never seen so many Dewar's bottles together outside of a liquor store. Dewar's and Marlboros; the diet of old age.
kawaiidaigakusei at 12:56AM, April 8, 2013
(online)

Whoo hoo! I just finished crocheting Katch's character Nu from her webcomic Nu and Me. And I finished before 1am, go me!
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Lonnehart at 2:31AM, April 8, 2013
(online)
kawaiidaigakusei wrote:

Whoo hoo! I just finished crocheting Katch's character Nu from her webcomic Nu and Me. And I finished before 1am, go me!
That's cute. :)

Unfortunately for me several of my coworkers think I'm weird because I like cute things. I guess being macho is what being a guy is supposed to be about. Or their minds are stuck in the 80s…

And of course in Star Trek Online I like cute things following me around…

And here's a descriptive page of it…
http://www.stowiki.org/Epohh
Ozoneocean at 5:26AM, April 8, 2013
(online)
@kawaiidaigakusei -
That's so cool! You did that so fast! Incredible!

@Bravo -
Weird. You should've said. I wonder of you can find another one for a good price somewhere, sounds like a pretty amazing device!

@Lonne -
Weird little animal. Some men are very insecure about their manliness and have to prove it constantly… Pretty sure they'd have some weird sex issues going on in their personal lives.

@Katch-
Yes, American coffee. It's a thing. ;)
bravo1102 at 5:34AM, April 8, 2013
(offline)
American coffee is weak tapwater. Have the real South American stuff they don't export or the 100% Kona. I never knew coffee had taste besides the milk and sugar before that. But then I grew up on Army coffee that's been steeping in the urn for months with new grounds added to old ones that transcends coffee and becomes tanker juice. It'll also strip the finish off a car and clean brake calipers.

And now with acid reflux it's all in the past. Have some green tea and try to be happy.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon