Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Signs of coming economic armageddon?
cartoonprofessor at 12:50AM, Jan. 24, 2013
(offline)
Check this out (Max Keiser and Alex Jones interview from yesterday)
Max Keiser
Alex Jones 22/01/13

last edited on Jan. 24, 2013 12:51AM
lothar at 9:16AM, Jan. 24, 2013
(offline)
Alex Jones is a douche !
and what ever happened to Kyupol ?
i retain fond memories of his posts
cartoonprofessor at 8:31PM, Jan. 24, 2013
(offline)
OK, so because you don't like Alex Jones (yeah, sure he is a loud-mouth, etc) you ignore the information presented by Max?
Ozoneocean at 7:30AM, Jan. 25, 2013
(online)
I'm just glad to have Cartooprof and Lother here ^_^
Ozoneocean at 7:43AM, Jan. 25, 2013
(online)
-Kyu is with the rest of us drones on Facebook… https://www.facebook.com/chris.lim.3344913

I listened to the youtube clip… seems to be the usual thing. The market goes up and down, collapses, comes back etc.
When things are going really well for somewhere it's inevitable there'll be a fall. Australia for example is doing fantastic compared to everywhere else because demand for our resources is so high… but we've become massively over reliant on that so if demand slows and starts to drop away that'll be a massive blow to us, it doesn't have to be a sudden stop either; even a gradual decline will affect us hugely.
cartoonprofessor at 11:22PM, Jan. 25, 2013
(offline)
Gday Ozone,
Good to be back. Over the years I have kept up with geo-politics, economics and basically learnt how the Banksters have manipulated our politics for their own gain.
'Knowledge is power' as they say… I have put that knowledge to good use and defeated the banks personally. If anyone is interested I can post exactly how I did it?
Genejoke at 4:04AM, Jan. 26, 2013
(online)
go ahead, we'll either get some amusing spam or some usful insight.
cartoonprofessor at 12:44PM, Jan. 26, 2013
(offline)
While there are some people that charge for the information, I freely pass it on to anyone interested.
I will write up a seperate post as soon as I get the time.
kyupol at 11:35PM, June 5, 2013
(online)
Economic collapse?
Well you either come out of it stronger or weaker.
Me and my old posts? Hehe I know. The time when I cared too much about this world. This world is too messed up. Too many factions that are competing.
I don't care anymore.
So what if economic collapse happens and I end up as one of its casualties.
I die on the street of starvation?
So what. What is “death” anyway?
All it means is going to sleep and then waking up in a different place.
I'll be coming home. :)
Kroatz at 6:50AM, June 6, 2013
(online)
I happen to agree with Kyupol for the first time since I joined DD.
The worst possible thing that could happen is losing everything you have, which means that you'll just have to learn how to grow your own food. It's really not that hard to survive once you get out of the cities. Of course, nothing like that will be likely to happen, once America REALLY runs out of money they'll either get help or they'll start a war.
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
Ozoneocean at 7:15AM, June 7, 2013
(online)
The US is on the tail end of a normal cyclical downturn, nothing weird or disastrous about it at all.

Politically though it's a bit different than normal.
They had a rightwing regime under Bush junior that presided over the end of the good years on an upswing and then into the current downswing at the end of his term, which was helped along massively by the two useless wars he got most of the world involved in for no good reason.
The global political uncertainty those caused (far worse than Osama's 911 crap) contributed to a crisis of confidence in stock-markets globally making the fall a lot more sudden than it would have been otherwise. (to put it very crudely).

Aaaaanyway, THAT is the background situation that the myth of this Armageddon thing comes from.

The OTHER part of the equation is Obama's leftwing centrist presidency.
His administration is overseeing this downturn as it slowly peters out, but the rightwingers in US politics realise that by the end of his presidency it'll look like Obama put the country onto the road to success so they're trying to make it look like things are much worse than they are and that Obama is responsible for things going wrong etc…

So what I'm saying is that the doom and gloom predictions and commentary have more to do with politics than what's actually happening.
And any student of history will tell you that it's a pretty old tactic when a political group wants to force a change.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon