HA General Discussion

Forum structure?
irrevenant at 9:00PM, June 5, 2013
(online)
This is just an idea, not even a suggestion and I understand if there are good reasons not to.

Discussion is very bunched up in a few threads
like the 18(!) page Stories and Storylines thread. I wonder if it might make sense to reorg the forum to spread things out a little?

Just looking at current threads I can see a structure something like the following:
* Stories and storylines forum - containing a separate thread for each HA issue like currently, but things like story proposals, the RISE discussion, etc. would be separate threads so they don't trip over each other. The stickied thread can then focus on big picture

* Characters Forum - where people post and flesh out character ideas. One thread per character or group of related characters.

* General Discussion Forum - for discussion of locations, the role of Evosians in HA etc. as well as miscellaneous stuff like the roleplaying thread, the movie posters and announcements re: individual titles like Relik

At the moment the forums are REALLY quiet. Maybe if they were spread out a bit more there'd be more entry points and it would encourage more discussion?
Abt_Nihil at 7:22AM, June 7, 2013
(offline)
That's a good point. I don't think we can implement that sort of structure here on dd though. What I could do - and frankly, what I've been wanting to do - is reorganize the existing threads a bit. The most obvious solution would be indexing the threads in accordance with the structure you suggested. I.e. there would be several threads indexed “(story)”, etc.
last edited on June 7, 2013 7:24AM
irrevenant at 11:18PM, June 7, 2013
(online)
You can implement a multi-forum structure at DD - I used that option when I set up the forum for my comic. There are arguments against using separate forums, though so whichever way works best…
Abt_Nihil wrote:
That's a good point. I don't think we can implement that sort of structure here on dd though. What I could do - and frankly, what I've been wanting to do - is reorganize the existing threads a bit. The most obvious solution would be indexing the threads in accordance with the structure you suggested. I.e. there would be several threads indexed “(story)”, etc.
Abt_Nihil at 6:04AM, June 8, 2013
(offline)
Oh man, you're right! How did I miss this?! Okay, I just created new forums based on your suggestions.
irrevenant at 9:50PM, June 9, 2013
(online)
W00t! \o/
Pretty sure there's a way to move existing threads between forums too. Not sure exactly how, but I've had my posts moved for being in the wrong place before. >_>
Abt_Nihil wrote:
Oh man, you're right! How did I miss this?! Okay, I just created new forums based on your suggestions.
irrevenant at 2:03AM, June 17, 2013
(online)
Looks like the ability to move threads might be specific to DD Admins (not Comic Admins). That puts a bit of a crimp in things. I'm looking into it…
irrevenant wrote:
W00t! \o/
Pretty sure there's a way to move existing threads between forums too. Not sure exactly how, but I've had my posts moved for being in the wrong place before. >_>
Abt_Nihil wrote:

Abt_Nihil at 9:30AM, June 17, 2013
(offline)
Ah, I feared as much.
irrevenant at 6:58PM, June 17, 2013
(online)
OzoneOcean said he's happy to move some threads for us when he gets a chance.
I'm in the process of throwing together a list of which threads I think go where. I'll post the list here for comment shortly.
irrevenant at 9:10PM, June 17, 2013
(online)
Okay, Ive been through all the threads in this forum and heres what I propose:
1. Leave the following threads in the Heroes Alliance folder.
Note: This folder will then serve as the General Discussion forum for HA.

Artists, please sign up here!
Writers, please sign up here!
Design

2. Move the following threads to the Characters forum.
Note: I suggest locking the Submit your HEROES/VILLAINS here threads and adding a note to post a new thread for each new character.

Submit your VILLAINS here!
Submit your HEROES here! (formerly “team building”)
Some new characters.
Use of HU/HA characters in original character backgrounds?

3. Move the following threads to the Stories and Plotting forum.
Note: I would also suggest adding a locked sticky for Writers please signup here to this forum that just serves as a redirect to the Heroes Alliance General Discussion forum.

Issue 8: Shinobi
Series 2
HA #9 - Wrath of the Zombie Queen (page assignments & references)
The Secret Army - Army of JOD story
Stories & Storylines
Heroes Alliance: What You Believe
Hero Feature Presents…
R.I.S.E (hero reform concept)
HA #10: Fandango
Heroes Alliance Presents
Heroes: Universe
Equilibrium Thread II
Heroes Alliance jam issue
Image United Style Short
Character development / team dynamics
Heroes The Strip.
Equilibrium a.k.a Two-part Alternate Evil HA story
HA #7: Heroes Divided (HU/HA Crossover)
Heroes Alliance: Going Green/Seeing Red or National Disasters
Heroes Alliance: “The Psychosis Wave/Go Loco” (working titles - due to change)
Heroes Alliance: “Skin Deep” (the fanservice issue/HA#4)
Heroes Alliance: Step 1
Origin Stories / Chapter Breaks
Page Assignments
Heroes Alliance: “Villains Alliance” (working title)
THE PRIME DIRECTIVE and other general topics
last edited on June 22, 2013 9:15PM
Abt_Nihil at 5:39AM, June 22, 2013
(offline)
Yes, I agree with all of these, except the Relik post probably doesn't have to go into the stories forum and can just stay where it is (the general forum). It's just an announcement for another comic and has little bearing on HA stories, after all.
irrevenant at 11:48PM, June 22, 2013
(online)
Oops, good catch, thank you! I've corrected that and pointed OzoneOcean to this thread. He said he'd be able to move them, but I imagine he's pretty busy so I don't know how long it'll take.
Abt_Nihil wrote:
Yes, I agree with all of these, except the Relik post probably doesn't have to go into the stories forum and can just stay where it is (the general forum). It's just an announcement for another comic and has little bearing on HA stories, after all.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon