Help, Support and Suggestions

Rebooting Comic - How long before I can re-create?
kaleygeminni at 6:30PM, Oct. 14, 2013
(online)
I just made the huge decision to re-boot my comic.  So, in all my wisdom, or lack thereof, I deleted my comics Geminni and Geminni Level Up.  How long before I can recreate my comic using the same name (Just the one for now - ‘Geminni’)?
irrevenant at 12:54AM, Oct. 15, 2013
(online)
What do you mean when you say “deleted your comics”?  Presumably the way to go is to delete the individual pages from before and then upload new ones?  I can't actually see a way to delete the comic as a whole.
Can you still access it from the “my comics” sidebar on the right?
P.S.  I don't know why you feel like you had to reboot Geminni.  It was awesome.
kaleygeminni wrote:
I just made the huge decision to re-boot my comic.  So, in all my wisdom, or lack thereof, I deleted my comics Geminni and Geminni Level Up.  How long before I can recreate my comic using the same name (Just the one for now - ‘Geminni’)?
kaleygeminni at 8:12AM, Oct. 15, 2013
(online)
No, I can no longer access my comics because they are no longer there.  I loved the old Geminni too, but many of the comics were rushed, and there were way too many plotholes for me to be comfortable with.  Geminni is too near and dear to my heart for me to just leave it as it was. 
irrevenant at 10:51PM, Oct. 16, 2013
(online)
Okay, was hoping it might be something easy. :/
I suspect the admins are going to have to intervene to give you that comic name back again at this point.
ozoneocean at 10:42PM, Oct. 24, 2013
(online)
Tell me what you need in a PQ because I won't likley check here again.
The reason you can't use the same name right now is because deleted comics are only “soft” deleted, i.e. hidden from public access. There's a bug that stops us from being able to fully delete comics.
I can easily give a new comic the same name though simply by changing the name of the old deleted comic.

I advise you to make a new comic with a temporary name, tell me what it is and then I'll switch that name with the deleted comic! ^_^

ozoneocean at 8:43PM, Oct. 31, 2013
(online)
Thanks for the PQ Katie
The new version of Geminni is here now:
http://theduckwebcomics.com/Geminni/
It has its old name back :)

Ino Man at 5:16PM, Nov. 26, 2013
(offline)
I wish you didn't delete it. I miss it. You could have just renamed it Geminni Classic or something. Please tell me they are still saved somewhere. Them disapearing also confused me. I was unaware the reboot was up until today. Lucky I checked your profile on a whim.
last edited on Nov. 26, 2013 5:21PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved