Help, Support and Suggestions

DD is making my comic images blurry and bloated
smbhax at 3:36AM, Oct. 20, 2013
(online)
I think it's been doing this since this “The Duck” redesign rolled out, actually, but I was mostly doing high-contrast stuff at the time so I forgot about it…
Some of the images I upload to DD come out looking much blurrier than they actually are. For instance, the same image uploaded to my own site

(full size view on the actual smbhax.com page here)
comes out looking like this on my DD site

(full size view on the actual DD page here)
Furthermore, the sharper-looking original version on my site is only 70.67 KB, whereas sending it through DD's uploader causes it to come out at 141.35 KB–so not only is it far blurrier, it also takes longer for readers to download.
From what I've seen so far, the DD blurriness is most pronounced in dark blue areas of jpeg images.
Whatever program DD is using to convert uploaded images into jpgs is doing a pretty bad job. Is there a way I can get my uploads to come through in something closer to their original condition?
last edited on Oct. 20, 2013 3:39AM
ozoneocean at 1:08AM, Dec. 3, 2013
(online)
That's awful! W'll have to just add at that to the bugs list for fixing though. It's this moronic design choice that reencodes all Jpgs when it resizes them. There is literally no point to it, it's arbitrary and just fucks things up.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved