Random Discussion

Sleigh Bells Ring ...
ayesinback at 5:05PM, Dec. 12, 2013
(offline)
What's your favorite seasonal song / Christmas carol?

I like so many, but I find myself singing White Christmas and Silent Night most frequently.  Maybe it's because I know the words to those the best.
under new management
kawaiidaigakusei at 10:36PM, Dec. 13, 2013
(online)
“The Christmas Song” - Nat King Cole
“Christmas Time is Here” - Peanuts: A Charlie Brown Christmas

I also enjoy the random holiday mix played at most shopping malls during the season.
HippieVan at 10:18AM, Dec. 14, 2013
(online)
Oh man, I had totally forgotten about this part of the forums…

My all-time favourite Christmas movie (and one of my favourite movies period) is The Muppet Christmas Carol. I sing this one a lot around Christmas time.

And does The Pogue's Fairytale in New York count as a Christmas carol? Because I listen to/sing that one obsessively around Christmastime. : )

I also spend the whole holiday season whistling Silver Bells in the hopes that someone else will join in, because that's a hard one to do alone.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Have a comic milestone, a community project or some comic-related news you’d like to see in
a newspost? Send it to me via PQ or at hippievannews(at)gmail.com!
ayesinback at 10:41AM, Dec. 14, 2013
(offline)
Kawaii and Hippie, I like those, too (although The Pogue one, not so much). 

Hippie – you've got me humming Silver Bells right now  :)
under new management
usedbooks at 5:35PM, Dec. 22, 2013
(offline)
I like a lot of carols. Silver Bells is great. I love Carol of the Bells sang a cappella too – but you need a talented choir to do it right.

I think We Three Kings is one of my favorites. It's almost minor key, but it's extra peaceful and cozy to me somehow. It's also one of the only carols I can sing without straining my voice. (I can't sing high notes but loathe trying to do a harmony part.)
last edited on Dec. 22, 2013 5:37PM
HippieVan at 8:10PM, Dec. 22, 2013
(online)
usedbooks wrote:
I think We Three Kings is one of my favorites. It's almost minor key, but it's extra peaceful and cozy to me somehow. It's also one of the only carols I can sing without straining my voice. (I can't sing high notes but loathe trying to do a harmony part.)

I am also a horrible singer. Doesn't stop me from trying usually, but I avoid “Silent Night” at all costs. :P

On the topic of We Three Kings, I thought “Orientar” was a place when I was a kid.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Have a comic milestone, a community project or some comic-related news you’d like to see in
a newspost? Send it to me via PQ or at hippievannews(at)gmail.com!
kawaiidaigakusei at 10:28AM, Dec. 23, 2013
(online)
HippieVan wrote:
On the topic of We Three Kings, I thought “Orientar” was a place when I was a kid.
Haha! I thought the same thing. Too bad Orientar is not on a map.

I would also like to add to the list:
“What Christmas Means to Me”
“Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)”

I am very fond of Motown Christmas music for some reason.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved