Comic Talk and General Discussion *

How much should I be expected to pay an artist per page?
Sparticus1984 at 3:54PM, Feb. 17, 2014
(online)
I am in the process of writing a comic book series, have a good layout already and script….need to collaborate with an artist though to see this come to life. How much should I expect to pay per page for an artist. Art would be more in the style of relistic somewhat reminiscent of Sin City also. Anyone have any advice? I would give them artist by line credit ofcourse. would be willing to discuss partnership also.

Ozoneocean at 6:13PM, Feb. 17, 2014
(online)
We have a networking subforum for this sort of thing… but it's currently not busy enough for you to get an answer.
So, as for how much it depends on the artist, their skill level, how fast you need the art, how friendly you get with them etc.
At a guess I'd say about $30 a page is a good rough estimate for a skilled nonprofessional.
skye_fenn at 4:30PM, Feb. 19, 2014
(online)
Hey there, I was recently aproched by a writter wanting me do some work for him, and like you I had no idea what I was supposed to charge. So I looked into it and its basically the more cash you give up the better your comics going to be.
At $30 a page your not going to get anything worth looking at (my opinion ofcourse), Assuming your just wanting the linework and inking, I would be looking at around $50 a page.
However its going to be hard to find an artist that will actually charge on a “per page” baisis, as each page requires a different amount of work. I generaly charge $20 an hour, thats probably the lowest end of the scale.
Hope this was of some help.
-> -> -> -> -> -> -> http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Steamrose <- <- <- <- <- <- <-
Sparticus1984 at 12:10PM, Feb. 25, 2014
(online)
Thanks everyone! that completely helps….$30 - $100 is actually less than I was thinking and completely agree that you prettymuch get what you pay for. Also it is a collaboration with two people working together to get the art to matchup to a vision so time is involved. Any suggestions on where to find an artist? I'm sure there are artists posts on here, just haven't looked yet….I'm still several weeks out from the art and page layout phases.
NekkoXIII at 10:13AM, March 1, 2014
(online)
Sparticus1984 wrote:
Thanks everyone! that completely helps….$30 - $100 is actually less than I was thinking and completely agree that you prettymuch get what you pay for. Also it is a collaboration with two people working together to get the art to matchup to a vision so time is involved. Any suggestions on where to find an artist? I'm sure there are artists posts on here, just haven't looked yet….I'm still several weeks out from the art and page layout phases.
Deviantart and facebooks might be good places to start if not get pointed in the right directions. I've never had to look for a collaberator so i cant say for sure though i do see people asking around DA all the time. Look for come art communties and you should be able to get what you need.
“You'd be surprised how much planning goes into chaos…”

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon