HA Stories

Who likes short shorts?
irrevenant at 6:04PM, March 20, 2014
(online)

We're going to start publishing HA and HUniverse) related short stories (up to ~8 pages) between issues of HA. This is sort of an amalgam (pun semi-intended) of all the previous ideas floating around and will contain HUniverse histories, origin stories, HA Member +1 stories, etc. etc.

This thread is to suggest what you'd like to see and, more importantly, what stories you'd like to contribute (it doesn't work very well without those! xD).

I personally would particularly like to see some stories about the early HUniverse featuring Exocet, Power Patriot etc. as well as some short character vignettes like HU Adventures #8 and a villain POV story or two.

Off the top of my head, shorts I'd contribute include:

* Chaos vs the Bagsnatcher - a 3-page story featuring my own original character Chaos. Light in tone.
* Origin of the Stone Torch. A 3-5 page story featuring the origin of SUX's Stone Torch character.

I'd also like to do something with SUX's Ancient Mariner and Monsieur Monkey characters if he's amenable. Those I would imagine more as HA Member +1 stories than origin pieces.

I don't have any existing HA characters of my own to offer but am happy to provide art and/or colours and draft up scripts based on other people's ideas, as well as contribute new characters and related stories.
last edited on March 20, 2014 6:07PM
LuchaCoffee at 9:21PM, March 20, 2014
(online)
I am totally cool with you using Monsieur Monkey and Ancient Mariner. I want to contribute to this as well, I could work on Spatulator haha.
I like my horror films like I love my burgers…Full of Cheese!!

Abt_Nihil at 6:56AM, April 16, 2014
(offline)
For some time now, I've been toying with the idea of having some short stories about the two sidekicks who tragically lost their mentors in the first HA chapters - Clockwork (see the end of HA #1) and Kaleidoskop (see (HA #3). I'm afraid that realistically, I couldn't supply the art anytime soon, so if any artist would be interested in these, I'd be very happy :)

Roughly, the requirements would be:
The Clockwork short should for the main part invoke the innocence of a 50s or 60s Batman comic. Not necessarily Dick Sprang, but maybe if you look at Glen Murakami's or Shane Glines work, who both have a very contemporary, yet sort of timeless and cartoony style.
Aaaactually, something like that could work well for the Kaleidoskop short too, even though it would be a bit more serious or somber than the Clockwork one.

Oh, and also, I'd love to have a LionDog/Kaleidoskop team up in Hong Kong, this would be all about slick martial arts and the awesome Hong Kong color palette which would work SO well with Kaleidoskop (for hopefully obvious reasons) :)
last edited on April 16, 2014 6:58AM
cdmalcolm1 at 9:31AM, July 16, 2014
(online)
Currently I'm working on Solarcell's interactions with others in the HA universe. As she moves through life, she the type that don't like to stay home. Not so much as to party but for the sake of getting out the house. So being that said, she will encounter the likes of Chaos, Sparkle, Astral, Bluejay, Bombshell, Tazer, Mr. Imp, Shell and tons more. There will be action, some drama, think about a love interest as well.
As the saying goes if you want to have character appear here, PQ me. they will enter the story in the order of request.

Again this story is based around the life of Solarcell and her interactions with others.
ironhand at 1:45AM, Sept. 10, 2014
(offline)
I'm totally up for doing a short 5-10 page story to go inbetween HA issues. Maybe something that would stretch my way of drawing, too. I'll storm up a few ideas…it's always fun to expand/introduce characters.
Stop looking at my signature and read my comics!!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon