HA Town Hall

Looking for a villain or two for the Solarcell comic.
cdmalcolm1 at 9:23PM, Nov. 12, 2014
(online)
I need a villain or two to fight against Sparkle, Astral, Chaos, Ruff rat and Solarcell. They have to know martial arts. And have some kind of power. I looked up some on the list, but I want you all to kind of help me choose the one or two or more.

The story starts off in the club. The intro to Sparkle and Astral. I also have to ask on how to intro Choas into the story. At first I wanted him (Chaos), to follow the villain(s) and try to capture them with out making a seen. It failed and the fight broke onto the dance floor. That's when RuffRat and Sparkle decide jumping to the fight.

Long story short. They defeat the villain(s) and got to know each other at the same time. Solarcell for most part will hardly join in on the fight. Pretty much Chaos, Ruffrat and Sparkle was fighting. Astral, more or less will be flirting with SolarCell the whole time. (I'll make it funny). At the end of the night, they all kind of got to know each other a little more.

If you have time, leave your suggestions and who could fill the villain(s) spot. (Yes it could be even a small group if it fits the picture. )
irrevenant at 3:34AM, Nov. 13, 2014
(online)
When do you need them by?

I have an idea for a new villain/mercenary/bounty-hunter type character thait I've been meaning to write up, but it'll take me a little while to work out the costume etc. She was going to be one of Chaos's villains so that would fit quite nicely…

I have a couple of other villains planned, too. Depending on how much chaos you want (no pun intended. :P) it could even be the bounty hunter pursuing a couple of other villains. She's… less than entirely careful about property damage…
last edited on Nov. 13, 2014 3:42AM
irrevenant at 2:50PM, Nov. 13, 2014
(online)
Actually, let me throw the idea out there now and I can nail the specifics down later if you need them.

Character: Lena Marx aka Ballista

A bounty hunter who relishes both the thrill of the hunt and the large cash payment that comes with hunting down super-powered criminals. Ballista has always been willing to bend the rules in pursuit of her quarry, but after a couple of particularly reckless (and successful) captures, she found herself facing numerous property damage, endangerment and manslaughter charges. This could potentially have been resolved, but Lena took offence to what she saw as ingratitude for all she had done for this country (and beyond). She became a mercenary and assassin, taking particular pleasure in commission of contracts against those she considers to have wronged her: law enforcement, politicians and particularly the legal profession.

POWERS: Ballista has the power to cause any inanimate object she touches to rapidly grow. She can, optionally, include a time delay before the growth takes effect (up to around an hour). She can also undo the effect on touch. (It may or may not also lapse with time - I'm still working out the precise limitations).

Ballista has a pragmatic and inventive mind and has been able to leverage this seemingly minor power to take down numerous opponents above her apparent weight class.

Some of her favourite tricks include:

* Her namesake weapon - a mini-crossbow mounted under her wrist. It fires darts which grow (up to the size of tree trunks) in flight.
* A handful of thrown or rolled marbles become massive spheres (momentum is not lost in the transformation).
* standing on a small metal disc and growing it to reach great heights or even to launch herself into the air.
* using strategically-placed objects as “time bombs” (particularly messy in enclosed spaces)
* growing a person's clothes to encumber them. (This is especially effective against foes utilising power armour!).
etc.

For purposes of this story, when Lena realises she's been located, her first move will probably be to throw her coat in the face of her pursuer while growing it so her pursuer becomes entangled.

I'm not sure if she alone is enough villain for this story. She has the potential to be a major annoyance for the group assembled here, especially if their inexperience working together causes them to get in each other's way.
cdmalcolm1 at 8:33PM, Nov. 13, 2014
(online)
She sounds….crazy. I would have to create a story behind the story so that she will be in the same club. Maybe a lawyer that acts like the dude that play on nip tuck,(the guy that plays as cole from charmed) his attitude would be perfect. The type that party after winning a huge case? Ballista particularly wants him on a stick for a court case that did not go in her favor. That I can leave up to you on how that trial went.

Anyway, I also like the idea that ballista has a partner that she don't quite work well together with. Should it be another female or a male? If its a woman, which villain from the HA universe would it be? I had in mind widow and Target. Maybe having all 3 women in on this can work. Like I said I do need a fighter that does hand to hand combat. (I love to make fights like this. ) Chaos will need to step in. RuffRat and sparkle are going to have their hands full. Seeing that Target has Punisher syndrome, I was thinking that Solarcell kind of stepping in that creates fear from her using her powers. Chaos will take a huge advantage of this and end the fighting. The villains run but now has new foes.

Ballista weapon use would be perfect. I'm going to make sparkle do some cool things. RuffRat will take on widow as best he can. Chaos will battle Target. Solarcell and Astral will be watching somewhat, Astral will be flirting with Solarcell in the form of what the fight shows…example. Let's say sparkle grabs one of Ballista's large spares. Astral would say something like, “ you ever get man handled like that?” Solarcell would reply, “ hell no! What's wrong with you? Astral would say,” you wanna?" That kind of thng.

The reason in asking for this now is because I'm writing it now….I was stuck and did not want end up doing the samething like I did with Tazer at the beginning of the story…(which I did have permission to use, but out of respect for Ironhand and the New Guard story, I changed it to Wireless) ,
last edited on Nov. 14, 2014 5:26PM
irrevenant at 9:49PM, Nov. 14, 2014
(online)
Ballista is good at hand-to-hand combat, too. Not as good as Chaos or Roof Rat, but highly competent - she was a top-notch bounty hunter for years, after all.

Since she's now working as a mercenary for hire, perhaps she's come to the club to meet a potential (villainous) employer. Widow would be a good fit, especially if you want a martial artist.

Depending on the timing I'm not sure if Target will be available for active villainy since she's a member of RISE. If Target is involved there's probably a bit of healthy rivalry between her and Ballista since they're both elite professionals.

Hmm, how about this:

Widow has arranged to meet at the club to discuss organising a hit. Target and Ballista are auditioning for the job. It's up to you whether Widow is planning to hold this meeting in the back room or if she's brazen enough to meet in the open in the club. This is Fracture City so I imagine the cops are at least mostly paid off. Chaos has spotted Ballista and recognised her, trailing her to the club and waiting for an opportunity to confront her.
When Widow realises that Ballista has been trailed, pandemonium ensues. She may even blame Widow (and in turn, Ballista will probably tell her that a crowded club was an idiotic place for a meeting).

Chaos's intent in following Ballista initially would be to try and talk her into turning herself into the authorities and resolving the charges against her. When he discovers she's come here to take on an assassination contract he'll be horrified.

Does that work?

NOTE: I will probably (eventually) do an issue of Chaos about Ballista. That story would be set before this one, back before Ballista ended up on the wrong side of the law. Since Chaos is not officially sanctioned by the city he ends up being pursued by her in her role as a bounty hunter.
ironhand at 2:05AM, Nov. 15, 2014
(offline)
Target is pretty essential to what's going to be happening in HA, especially with her being a member of R.I.S.E….so unfortunately she'll have to be taken off the table. I like what you're coming up with though, guys!
Stop looking at my signature and read my comics!!
irrevenant at 4:36AM, Nov. 19, 2014
(online)
I was afraid that would be the case. xO

Okay, if Target's not available, would Jack-of-all-Trades work? When we last saw him (http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Heroes_Alliance/5365553/) , he'd used his power to learn from thousands of martial artists including the HA team. I've wanted for a while to have him fight Chaos - Jack copies skills, but since Chaos is making up the skill as he goes, I suspect it'd give Jack trouble.

If you want a woman we could use his never-before-seen ersatz counterpart Jill-of-all-Trades? :D
cdmalcolm1 at 6:17AM, Nov. 23, 2014
(online)
irrevenant wrote: I was afraid that would be the case. xO

Okay, if Target's not available, would Jack-of-all-Trades work? When we last saw him (http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Heroes_Alliance/5365553/) , he'd used his power to learn from thousands of martial artists including the HA team. I've wanted for a while to have him fight Chaos - Jack copies skills, but since Chaos is making up the skill as he goes, I suspect it'd give Jack trouble.

If you want a woman we could use his never-before-seen ersatz counterpart Jill-of-all-Trades? :D

Sorry to hear i cant use target but I'm totally feeling Jack. I'm going to have a look and see. Sounds perfect.
last edited on Nov. 23, 2014 12:08PM
cdmalcolm1 at 11:07AM, Jan. 5, 2015
(online)
Ok I decide to use Jill of all trades, Widow, Ballista and one of my own a silent Latina female characters called Samantha the purple machete. It seems get permission is taking longer than I thought. So right now I'm going to use her. I'll add her to the character list a little later. I'm going with your idea irrevenant. This so I can continue writing. The fighting will be nice and long for all players involved. Hopefully you'll like it. I want a female femme of villains to make things interested.

On other notes, I'm going to Try to and Draw more panels this year. There is plenty of stuff to add until the time comes for the HA and Solacell sync.
last edited on Jan. 6, 2015 5:20AM
irrevenant at 5:30PM, Jan. 5, 2015
(online)
Very cool. I still need to get you that reference pic of Ballista. I've figured out what she looks like now, I just have to draw her. (I got a bit sidetracked with HA Monthly Mayhem >_>).

When do you need the pic by?
cdmalcolm1 at 5:16AM, Jan. 6, 2015
(online)
Take your time….I don't need to draw her as of yet. Hell, I still need to draw Samantha. And I don't even know how she looks yet. I just need names for now for the writing. Thanks a bunch for helping me out. Your response is always quick.
irrevenant at 8:40PM, Jan. 6, 2015
(online)
Here's Ballista in both her mercenary/villainous persona and her civilian identity. If she's showing up for a covert meeting in a club, she would presumably be in her civilian identity, but she always keeps a change of outfit handy.

I added a thread for her in the characters forum, but at the moment it just duplicates what is said about her in this thread.

last edited on Jan. 6, 2015 8:41PM
cdmalcolm1 at 9:48AM, May 4, 2015
(online)
Thanks, this is great to have.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon