HA General Discussion

HUniverse Team-Up
Wes_Nero123 at 4:44PM, Nov. 23, 2014
(offline)
Hey guys! Been a while since i've been active on DD and wanted to hop back into HA stuff because this community is so awesome!
Im sure something like this has been pitched but just in case it hasn't I wanted to try to head up a spiritual continuation of HU Adventures. I always liked how together the universe seemed with those comics because the small teamups made for some great interaction between all of our characters.The way I see it set up are regular 12 page single story issues with three part stories occasionally. Rotating artists/Colorsists.
If this is an idea that people are on board with let me know!! ^_^
irrevenant at 11:46PM, Nov. 23, 2014
(online)
Related threads:
http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/topic/176107/
http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/topic/175384/

In a nutshell, we've been discussing something very similar to your suggestion: HA stories that are shorter than a standard issue and would focus on a smaller subset of characters. One type of story suggested are “plus one” or “Brave and the Bold” stories which feature an existing an existing HA character and introducing a new one - Peligroso meets Monsieur Monkey, for example. Another was origin stories like the ones before HA #1. They just wouldn't be locked in at a fixed length of 12 pages.

People seem to think it's a good idea and Abt_Nihil has said he's happy to publish the stories between issues of HA. Some story idea have been floated. Now it's really just a matter of creating scripts and coordinating artists to make it happen.

I'm happy to throw in art and colouring.
Wes_Nero123 at 6:47PM, Nov. 25, 2014
(offline)
@irrevenant
Thanks!! I'll start scripting and see if anybody else is on board!
Does anyone want to submit for the first team up in the meantime?
cdmalcolm1 at 9:39AM, Nov. 29, 2014
(online)
Wes_Nero123 wrote: @irrevenant Thanks!! I'll start scripting and see if anybody else is on board!Does anyone want to submit for the first team up in the meantime?.

At this point in the game, I'm dying to see how other write and draw my characters into there own. She is not in the HA universe yet but I think by time you are up and running, she will be in the HA universe. She is free to use when ever you like. Just let me know so I can watch what you have in store. 😊
last edited on Nov. 29, 2014 4:15PM
cdmalcolm1 at 10:01PM, July 4, 2015
(online)
I think that's a very cool idea, But Some how I fell we are trying too hard to push heroes and villians into a small project. Monthly mayhem not included. For years this idea has been going back and forth about introductions to new and or unused characters for the HUniverse. Just like there is a team for HA, I think there should be a second team of writers and artists. HOWEVER, I also know that will take away from the main issue. That is the catch 22. Now there's nothing wrong with wanting to push for a great many characters, but it takes an admin to step up to the plate and get the smaller projects going.

I love drawing everyone's character(s). I too want to see some mini adventures of sorts but I know no one will make it happen. So far, individual writers and or artists are pushing the introduction of the greatly unused characters that were created years ago. None or which are a community project that anyone wants to commit to.

I did notice why the thought is failing. Creators of characters are not involved and with some, abandoned leaving the remaining active creators' to pick, choose and refuse characters for their stories. The characters that are left behind are also, hard to get permissions to use. I love RoofRat. The design, the story and totally unused. It took sometime to get in contact with the creator and got the free will to use him as my own. once I got permission to use him as I see fit, I made him one of the major supporting characters to my story. The idea behind my little project is to use both well known characters like bombshell and unknown characters like RoofRat to interact with one another while creating a little adventure to it. That's why my pages are one to two panels. I know for a fact that I would have never got other artists to help me draw this make shift comic. They are either too busy, or simply no longer involved with the characters they left behind. The few that are here, I could never ask them to help me out. They are working already hard for HA and some individual projects.

First, I do want to say that I know life happens. Family, friends, work and so forth. It's hard to just manage one HUniverse project let alone two. . . The one's here that want to see smaller projects come to life have to be part of it. Be dedicated to it, even if you are the only contributor. Keep it going. Ask for help from another admin., to bring people over. Always advertise your projects. Ask for pin ups, crossovers posters, help advertise artist that are outside of the HUniverse creators' panel. Show them what we are about and how to get involved.

To be frank, I'm a nobody here and I so desperately want to see my character involved with the main story. I know it's going to take some time before it becomes a thought in others to even use my characters. So if I can't get involved in the main story, I'll bring the main to me by doing what's been said in the pass forums about the subject.
irrevenant at 6:24AM, July 6, 2015
(online)
Theoretically Heroes Unite (and now Heroes Alliance) is the Duck's equivalent of DC's Justice League or Marvel's Avengers - a team up of characters who (mostly) each have their own title. Nowadays, much of the active roster no longer have their own separate ongoing titles and fanbase and I think that *does* make the project feel smaller and attract less interest.
HA didn't used to be a small project - it used to be the place where many small (and not so small) projects came together to make a larger one. And the vibrancy of the community reflected that. (The Duck is also going through an overall slump, which doesn't help).
I know I'm not helping. I keep meaning to add to the HUniverse by doing the Chaos comic and I keep getting overwhelmed by the scope of the project. :/ (No way am I a fast enough artist to consistently produce a page per week).

Good point about the character permissions. We have a number of them already. I'll PQ around and see if I can get more.
You are most definitely not a nobody, CDMalcolm! You do some truly amazing pages (and I really appreciate you doing the art for my short story, BTW - it looks great!).
I actually think everyone's looking forward to seeing Solarcell debut in HA. I know I am.
We were kind of figuring she'd debut at the start of season 2 but she doesn't have to. She could potentially join HA after Issue 10 ('cos that's already written and half done). Did you need her to actually be introduced in the pages of HA, or can your own title bridge the gap and her just be there for issue #11? (Because I get the impression that issues 11 and 12 will be pretty full and there may not be room to fit Solarcell's origin in there too).
cdmalcolm1 at 10:28PM, July 27, 2015
(online)
irrevenant wrote: Theoretically Heroes Unite (and now Heroes Alliance) is the Duck's equivalent of DC's Justice League or Marvel's Avengers - a team up of characters who (mostly) each have their own title. Nowadays, much of the active roster no longer have their own separate ongoing titles and fanbase and I think that *does* make the project feel smaller and attract less interest.HA didn't used to be a small project - it used to be the place where many small (and not so small) projects came together to make a larger one. And the vibrancy of the community reflected that. (The Duck is also going through an overall slump, which doesn't help).I know I'm not helping. I keep meaning to add to the HUniverse by doing the Chaos comic and I keep getting overwhelmed by the scope of the project. :/ (No way am I a fast enough artist to consistently produce a page per week).

Good point about the character permissions. We have a number of them already. I'll PQ around and see if I can get more.You are most definitely not a nobody, CDMalcolm! You do some truly amazing pages (and I really appreciate you doing the art for my short story, BTW - it looks great!).I actually think everyone's looking forward to seeing Solarcell debut in HA. I know I am.We were kind of figuring she'd debut at the start of season 2 but she doesn't have to. She could potentially join HA after Issue 10 ('cos that's already written and half done). Did you need her to actually be introduced in the pages of HA, or can your own title bridge the gap and her just be there for issue #11? (Because I get the impression that issues 11 and 12 will be pretty full and there may not be room to fit Solarcell's origin in there too).

SolarCells debut was suppose to happen when Nth/shard is coming into the picture of HA. Since that won't happen for a long time, I think just getting her Into the HA HQ will be official. The sync was suppose to happen after this zombie issue and before the desperado issue with Bones. Right now I'm just waiting for a reply about syncing the current HA with SolarCells.
Abt_Nihil at 10:18AM, July 28, 2015
(offline)
cdmalcolm1 wrote:
SolarCells debut was suppose to happen when Nth/shard is coming into the picture of HA. Since that won't happen for a long time, I think just getting her Into the HA HQ will be official. The sync was suppose to happen after this zombie issue and before the desperado issue with Bones. Right now I'm just waiting for a reply about syncing the current HA with SolarCells.
Just checking - which reply are you waiting for? And yes, Nth is going to be introduced in season 2. Fandango should be coming together rather quickly, but before we begin season 2 we still have the invasion story (11/12) which might take a year or two… ^^;
irrevenant at 4:01PM, July 28, 2015
(online)
CD has actually already laid the initial seed for that arc over in his Solarcell title. I think that works quite well. It allows things to be set quietly in motion in the background which will catch our heroes unaware next season. Muahahaha!
And it'll be great to see Solarcell in HA sooner than a year or two. She'll be able to take part in the Season 1 finale.
Abt_Nihil wrote:
Just checking - which reply are you waiting for? And yes, Nth is going to be introduced in season 2. Fandango should be coming together rather quickly, but before we begin season 2 we still have the invasion story (11/12) which might take a year or two… ^^;

cdmalcolm1 at 6:47PM, Aug. 4, 2015
(online)
Basically I was doing a slow boat to China intro of solarcell in to the HA universe. I was trying to get feed back from you all if I should keep HA time in sync with SolarCell story. But I think you all answered my question about it. I'm just going to push forward with her story and make a few key points to the current HA story line.

My next big thing writing wise for solarcell is introduction to other team members via Mr. Imp. After that will be her going out on assignments. Bombshells continued “baby sitting” of solarcell, by ordering different teammates at different times to go out on assignments and last minute threats with some super villains. Shell will be monitoring SolarCell's energy use during battles. This order comes from Bombshell herself to further her “Playing Cards” for real world threats.

Has anyone got around to advertising for the new HA raster on the main DD site?
cdmalcolm1 at 9:26PM, June 14, 2018
(online)
cdmalcolm1 wrote:
Basically I was doing a slow boat to China intro of solarcell in to the HA universe. I was trying to get feed back from you all if I should keep HA time in sync with SolarCell story. But I think you all answered my question about it. I'm just going to push forward with her story and make a few key points to the current HA story line.

My next big thing writing wise for solarcell is introduction to other team members via Mr. Imp. After that will be her going out on assignments. Bombshells continued “baby sitting” of solarcell, by ordering different teammates at different times to go out on assignments and last minute threats with some super villains. Shell will be monitoring SolarCell's energy use during battles. This order comes from Bombshell herself to further her “Playing Cards” for real world threats.

Has anyone got around to advertising for the new HA raster on the main DD site?

What sucks about this quote is that I already penciled it out. Now i'm rebooting SolarCell's Comic this summer I am A bit behind but. I'll make it.
irrevenant at 5:41AM, July 8, 2018
(online)
Aw, why the reboot? I thought it was coming along nicely.
cdmalcolm1 at 6:41AM, July 11, 2018
(online)
irrevenant wrote:
Aw, why the reboot? I thought it was coming along nicely.

Kind of needed something for the delay in HA/HU Universe. Besides, There will be a mixture of old and new material. Plus, I can get Season one out of the way so I can focus on Season two. You'll get to see how SolarCell came to be. Plus with the new layout, I had to reformat all the current pages. I'm hoping to do one page-a-sode, (episode), per month. So, there might be 2 or 3 Page-a-sode before seeing the old stuff again. Then after old mixture with some new stuff, more new stuff. Hopefully you and everyone will like it.

Plus, you'll get to see the evil side of Ina and how F'ed up she is towards the world and how Dark Beauty was hand picked to stop her.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon