HA Town Hall

I Need a colorist
cdmalcolm1 at 10:14AM, Dec. 11, 2014
(online)
My love and hate relationship for coloring. Here is what I want. I need a colorist that will give me flats for my line Art. I don't know how to go about it yet but I will tell you know later down the line.
last edited on Dec. 12, 2014 9:52AM
irrevenant at 3:30AM, Dec. 17, 2014
(online)
Just flats?

I'm generally happy to provide colours, but it really does depend on what sort of rate you need them produced at…
cdmalcolm1 at 9:25AM, Dec. 17, 2014
(online)
yeah just flats. no shading of any kind. as of right now, I'm trying to see something. trying to cut time with out losing production quality. you know.

here is what I need. After the line art is done, you lay in the flats. send the flats back only. no line art. I'll line up flats to the line art and see if it's any better. again this could save you time in coloring and save me time in coloring. If this works, I'd like to work with you some more on some HA Pages.

Here is a simple line art of mine: http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt190/cdmalcolm/SolarCell7.jpg

this is just a test. I want to see how fast this whole thing can be done.
irrevenant at 12:49PM, Dec. 17, 2014
(online)
Cool. I'll give it a go this evening.

Any particular colour scheme on the guy (skin tone, hair colour, shirt and pants colour?) and buildings?

EDIT: Since it's only a test I just picked some colours at random. I emailed you the colours by themselves, the colours with the lineart and a .psd with them both in layers (I use GIMP but it can export to Photoshop).

It would probably be easier to colour both if it were larger and if it were in .png rather than .jpg, but hopefully that's okay.
last edited on Dec. 18, 2014 12:06AM
cdmalcolm1 at 5:32PM, Dec. 18, 2014
(online)
irrevenant wrote: Cool. I'll give it a go this evening.

Any particular colour scheme on the guy (skin tone, hair colour, shirt and pants colour?) and buildings?

EDIT: Since it's only a test I just picked some colours at random. I emailed you the colours by themselves, the colours with the lineart and a .psd with them both in layers (I use GIMP but it can export to Photoshop).

It would probably be easier to colour both if it were larger and if it were in .png rather than .jpg, but hopefully that's okay.

Png is perfect. You can pick any color you like. I'm not picky. So long as it's selectable it should be fine. You don't need to put in a psd format. Png is fine. At 300 dpi. I don't want the edges blurry. Other than that, it's all good. Thanks for the assisting me.
irrevenant at 8:18PM, Dec. 18, 2014
(online)
Urm, my bad! I seem to have downloaded the preview rather than the whole image. I'll fix it when I get home in a couple of hours, sorry!

UPDATE: Okay, I've emailed it to you now. I was a little confused about what you meant about the resolution but so long as you give me the highest resolution version you have and I colour to fit that, it should be good…
last edited on Dec. 18, 2014 11:59PM
cdmalcolm1 at 11:10AM, Dec. 24, 2014
(online)
cool thank you ill let you know when.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon