Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Intro post for my new project, FUNK!
Shawn_Perry at 8:24PM, Jan. 5, 2015
(online)
Hi, my name is Shawn and I've been here for a while. I draw a strip called Jenny Wren, which was featured once. I haven't been able to update very often in the past due to personal and health issues, but I've been working on a new project that I'd like to share, and I thought I'd also like to get more involved with the community here, as well.
My new project is called FUNK! It's an experimental comic anthology series written and drawn by myself, in the style of 1960's and 70's Underground Comix. I was always inspired by people like R. Crumb, Vaughn Bode, Jay Lynch, Gilbert Shelton, et. al. and I challenged myself to do something not COPYING them but inspired by the free wheeling spirit of their works.
Here it is:http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/FUNK/5474168/
I'm proud of how it's coming out. It's M rated, so it's not for the younger crowd (contains nudity, sexual references, drug use, bad language, and controversial topics). It has allowed me to touch on more personal and rougher topics than Jenny Wren does, as I've always seen Jenny as more an indie rom-com more than anything.
Will it be to everyone's taste? Nope.
Will there be more Jenny Wren in the future? Yep.
But for now I'm focusing on this series for the forseeable future. Who knows, there might even be some Jenny strips in it at some point. It is an anthology of whatever characters I've come up with.
I hope people check it out!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon