Networking & Community Projects*

2015 Drunk Duck Awards: Volunteer Sign Ups!
Niccea at 2:44PM, July 2, 2015
(offline)
It is that time again. It is time for the community to rally together to put on the best comic awards on the internetIm only assuming because Im not familiar with any other comic awards based 100% onlineEven if there are, we are still the best. But, what makes us the best?

The answer is YOU.

At this time we need volunteers to start stepping forward to help get this inebriate mallard into the sky. Here are the two most common positions, what they entail, and how to sign up (different rules for each one.) You can take an as many volunteering duties as you want. No artistic skills necessary.

Presenter
Slots filled (32/34)

Do you like being in the spotlight? Do you want the everyone to see your art? If so, being a presenter is right for you. The presenters will have the month of August to create their presentation pages for the awards. We have 36 presentation we will need this year. Assignments due by the end of August

Structure
The presentation pages need to have the nominees for the award, and leave a space for the name of the winner to be placed on the page. Some people leave a white space at the bottom and others leave speech bubbles. Either way it is up to you. The only rule regarding the presentation pages is that they have to be viewable by everyone. So, keep the pages PG at the worst and no slanderous/insulting remarks against other users/comics.

There are two ways to sign up to be a presenter this year. Whichever way you sign up to be a presenter please state if you want to do more than one page and any likes or dislikes for the categories. We will try to accommodate. Also, please include an email to be reached at in case the site crashes (not required by encouraged). You can either PQ me or email me at niccea(at)gmail(dot)com. Please include Presenter Signup in the subject line. If you dont wish to provide an email, you can also sign up here.

Judge
Slots filled (44/56-93)

Do you like telling other people what you think? Do you quietly observe comics like a stalker in the corner? Consider judging. The judges are the heart and soul of the awards. It is up to them to decide the winners from each category. This is also done during the month of August. 31 categories are going to be entrusted to their care this year.

Structure
Judges, though they are not expected to be professional art critics, are required to put some thought behind their decision. The best way for judges to show this is to do a pro and con comparison of the nominees. Though anything is all right as long as it is easy to see that some thought went into picking the winner. Judges are only responsible for reading the last years worth of comics for the nominees. (July 2014 August 2015). The only exception to this is the Best Completed Comic where the judges are encouraged to read the entire comic.

If you already have an account on theJudges Forum. Go ahead and go to the thread set aside for judging sign ups and sign up.
If you havent made an account yet, go ahead and create one. Post here or PQ me with the user name that you have used, so I know to activate the account. From there you can sign up to be a judge for this year on the forum.
Please remember to post on the sign up thread on the other forum, so we know for sure that you are signing up to judge.

Other Opportunities

If you wish to contribute in any other way, please let me know here or by PQ. The comic could be beatified with a proper layout, extra pages are always accepted, and it would be great to have a volunteer wrangler. These are just some suggestions. Do what you do best.

Have at it.
last edited on Aug. 25, 2015 5:52PM
usedbooks at 4:06PM, July 3, 2015
(online)
I probably won't be able to find time to make a presentation, but I've signed in at the judging forum.
Genejoke at 3:01AM, July 6, 2015
(online)
I'll help in anyway needed. already been to judges forum.
KimLuster at 4:20AM, July 6, 2015
(online)
I'll volunteer to present 2 and judge 3 (already been to Judge forum), to begin with. Can possibly do more if it's needed and my time allows!
El Cid at 6:52AM, July 6, 2015
(online)
I signed up to judge, but probably won't have time for a presentation this year.
bravo1102 at 3:56AM, July 7, 2015
(offline)
I'll do as many presentations as you'll let me even last minute fill-ins as needed. But no judging.
shastab24 at 10:30AM, July 9, 2015
(online)
I can't judge, but I can present, and I can do as many as needed.
Tantz_Aerine at 12:28PM, July 9, 2015
(online)
I am up for judging :) If worse comes to worse, I might be able to present as well, but consider me a backup, not a first-line volunteer.
Call Me Tom at 11:47AM, July 19, 2015
(offline)
I'llPresent upto 3 awards.
I'm sorry for any offence I cause.
El Cid at 1:47PM, July 19, 2015
(online)
Yunno what, I should be able to do a presentation this year. But just one!
Banes at 9:04AM, July 24, 2015
(offline)
Things are so busy lately, but I love the DD Awards! Put me down for five presentations. They shall likely suck!

Scratch that…they shall surely suck! But they will all be entertaining (to me at least)!

LanceDanger at 7:28PM, July 25, 2015
(online)
Sign me up for presentation and judgeing :)
bravo1102 at 3:54AM, Aug. 22, 2015
(offline)
in a very long comment to my comic KimLuster changed my mind. My mind is very small and attracted to shiny things so I'll jump in.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon