Networking & Community Projects*

2015 Secret Santa SIGN UP THREAD
HippieVan at 3:55PM, Nov. 12, 2015
(online)
It's time for the biggest event of the holiday season! What's that, you ask? Obviously, it's DD Secret Santa!

Step One - Deadline: December 1st

Sign up! Let us know what you'd like a picture of. Your comic character wearing an ugly Christmas sweater? An epic snowball fight between adorable rabbits? Go crazy! If you don't know what you'd want, feel free to request a surprise from your Secret Santa.
Note: If you're asking for a picture of your comic character, please provide an image or a link to your comic where it's clear who the character is. (Don't forget to remove the http:// portion of the link when directing to your comic!)
If you're overflowing with Christmas cheer and you'd like to help out even more, please sign up for the Deadbeat Watch Committee (DWC) to fulfill requests for participants whose Secret Santas don't come through.
Participants: If you run into some kind of issue and you won't be able to complete your match, please let me know as soon as possible! If you don't let me know/only let me know at the last minute, you will be publicly shamed and may not be allowed to participate in future gift exchanges.

Step Two - Deadline: December 18th
You will receive your match, chosen randomly, via PQ by December 2nd (if you would prefer I sent it to you via email please let me know when you sign up). Please respond to confirm that you've received your match, as PQs can be a bit spotty!
Complete the request and upload to the gift thread. Remember that there is a deadline and everyone will be anxiously awaiting their pictures!

Step Three - After December 18th
Feel the love! Remember to thank your Secret Santa!
If you signed up for the DWC, watch out for a PQ with another match.

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS AND REQUESTS (make sure you scroll through the posts to see your match's full request!)
Niccea: “Christmas themed art featuring any of my characters” OR “Captain America and Superman joining forces to punch out Hitler.”
KimLuster: “As long as it contains my character Kimber Lee, I think I'd like a total surprise this year!”
Usedbooks: “a picture of any character(s) from UB celebrating the holidays with my secret santa's original character(s)”
Eleoza: “a picture of one of my comic characters”
Skreem: “Any of my characters in a terrible sweater or engorged with christmas sprouts would make me chuckle (sprouts optional).”
cdmalcolm1: “SolarCell singing a Christmas song.”
shastab24: “I'd like it to involve one or more of my superhero characters from it (Eiderdown, Fractal, Astral, Sparkle, the Swimmer, the Runner), not Tempore”
awesome owl 98: “anything you want as long as it somehow vaguely relates to christmas and is funny if possible.”
UltimateZ: “something christmas themed for my comic Dead Leon”
HippieVan: My characters celebrating Space Christmas!
ashtree house: “my characters in some type of winter/christmas clothes!!”
fallopiancrusader: “any character (s) from either of my comics, Rimjob, or Mindfold, in holiday regalia. Mindfold doesn't have much to work with at this point, so that might be a challenge. And by holiday, I mean any solstice-related celebration: Wiccan, Christian, Jewish, Pagan, etc. If none of those options excite you, a steamy hot sexy MALE santa is acceptable too.”
irrevenant: “Anything Christmasy featuring Chaos would be awesome”
alejkhan: “A holiday surprise of the artist's choosing.”
strixvanallen: “Bram and Vlad having some holiday fun. (They are the red-head boy and the bored vampire in the comic banner.)”
Whirlwynd: “Anything with one of the Lady Unlucky characters in it.”
tupapayon: “please surprise me ”
ozoneocean: “a pic of Polly from Bottomless Waitress being sexy and Christmassy”
Banes: “Anything containing one or more of my Typical Strange characters (winter or Christmas related if you wish).”
Genejoke:“something yule related involving a character from Lore”
Kawaiidaigakusei: “a drawing of James McAvoy from the movie Penelope (2006). And please no (and I repeat) NO hint of anything holiday or Christmas related theme in the drawing. I just want a comic-inspired of James McAvoy!!”
ghostrunner: “no specific request”
awsome owl 98: “anything you want as long as it somehow vaguely relates to christmas and is funny if possible.”

DEADBEAT WATCH COMMITTEE
Call Me Tom
cdmalcolm1
irrevenant
whirlwynd
Genejoke
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on Dec. 2, 2015 5:17PM
Niccea at 4:00PM, Nov. 12, 2015
(offline)
Count me in. I'll take Christmas themed art featuring any of my characters. (Awards and Mafia don't count) I have a bunch of retired comics in “niccea's hall of randomness”
last edited on Nov. 12, 2015 4:02PM
KimLuster at 4:54AM, Nov. 13, 2015
(online)
Count me in! As for what I'd like - As long as it contains my character Kimber Lee, I think I'd like a total surprise this year! Go traditional or go wild!!
I supposed a link to my comic would be nice The Godstrain. Kimber Lee appears appears on almost every page - I'd suppose I'd prefer a rendition of her with her long brunette hair instead of her bald sick image (that's we see on the very recent pages)!
last edited on Dec. 2, 2015 6:22PM
usedbooks at 5:36AM, Nov. 13, 2015
(online)
Of course I wouldn't miss it! As always, my request is for a picture of any character(s) from UB celebrating the holidays with my secret santa's original character(s).

UB Character list: http://www.curiousv.com/usedbooks/?page_id=41

An oldish cast picture:http://usedbooks.deviantart.com/art/UB-Cast-2013-366655264 But you are welcome to use any others that grab your interest.
last edited on Nov. 17, 2015 5:01PM
Eleoza at 7:35AM, Nov. 13, 2015
(online)
I'd like to participate as well :D
I would like a picture of one of my comic characters, you can choose who you'd like to draw, or if you'd like to draw more then one (which would be awesome haha) I'll leave it up to you :D
Xmas theme or casual theme, both are nice :D surprise me haha.
Call Me Tom at 9:17AM, Nov. 13, 2015
(offline)
Call me Tom will sign up for DWC! But that is all.
I'm sorry for any offence I cause.
Froggtreecomics at 10:31AM, Nov. 13, 2015
(offline)
I'm in! Any of my characters in a terrible sweater or engorged with christmas sprouts would make me chuckle (sprouts optional).
HippieVan at 3:07PM, Nov. 13, 2015
(online)
I feel slightly silly asking for fanart for a comic that is basically nonexistent at this point, but what the heck. I would love to see my characters Dee and Rez celebrating SPACE CHRISTMAS (like regular Christmas, but more outer space-y). Ugly Space Christmas sweaters optional. There are a couple pictures of them already here, and then here is a preview of a page I'm working on now.
last edited on Nov. 13, 2015 3:13PM
shastab24 at 6:17PM, Nov. 13, 2015
(online)
I'd also like to get in on this, with Karabear Comics Unlimited. I'd like it to involve one or more of my superhero characters from it (Eiderdown, Fractal, Astral, Sparkle, the Swimmer, the Runner), not Tempore.
cdmalcolm1 at 9:33AM, Nov. 14, 2015
(online)
Sign me up for secret Santa and back up for DBC too. I want SolarCell singing a Christmas song.

Here is a link to what she looks like. http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Character_Profile_Solarcell/5459620/
last edited on Nov. 15, 2015 2:17AM
HippieVan at 10:15AM, Nov. 14, 2015
(online)
Thanks to everyone who's already signed up! Just a little reminder that especially if you have a pretty significant archive, it will be really helpful to your Secret Santa if you provide a link to a chapter/page where your regular characters (or the particular characters you want) are clearly depicted.
awsome owl 98 at 12:01AM, Nov. 15, 2015
(offline)
Sign me up! My art requestis anything you want as long as it somehow vaguely relates tochristmasand is funny if possible.
UltimateZ at 8:48AM, Nov. 15, 2015
(offline)
Sign me right up! I'd like something christmas themed for my comic Dead Leon
ashtree house at 12:20AM, Nov. 16, 2015
(offline)
Sign me up to! I always miss these things, and I always want a reason to draw christmasy things~ To folow a general theme, I would also love my characters in some type of winter/christmas clothes!!
fallopiancrusader at 8:17AM, Nov. 16, 2015
(offline)
I'm in! My request has multiple options: any character (s) from either of my comics, Rimjob, or Mindfold, in holiday regalia. Mindfold doesn't have much to work with at this point, so that might be a challenge. And by “holiday”, I mean any solstice-related celebration: Wiccan, Christian, Jewish, Pagan, etc. If none of those options excite you, a steamy hot sexy MALE santa is acceptable too.
last edited on Nov. 16, 2015 8:19AM
irrevenant at 3:14PM, Nov. 16, 2015
(online)
Sure, sign me up. Happy to do the deadbeat watch thing, too.
Anything Christmasy featuring Chaos would be awesome. (Reference pictures athttp://www.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/topic/176073/#2979699 ).
HippieVan, you've left your own request off the participants list. :)
EDIT: sorry about the mangled link. For some reason the hyperlink button isn't working for me right now. :/
last edited on Nov. 16, 2015 3:18PM
HippieVan at 4:51PM, Nov. 16, 2015
(online)
irrevenant wrote:
HippieVan, you've left your own request off the participants list. :)

Whoops! Thanks!

Btw, Chaos is stunning! I'm totally enamoured with her face, seriously.
alejkhan at 11:02AM, Nov. 17, 2015
(online)
I would like to participate. My request is a holiday surprise of the artist's choosing.
strixvanallen at 12:29PM, Nov. 18, 2015
(online)
Yay! Secret Santa time!
Lemme see… I want… hm… Oh, oooooh, I want Bram and Vlad having some holiday fun. (They are the red-head boy and the bored vampire in the comic banner.)
Niccea at 10:37AM, Nov. 20, 2015
(offline)
I came up with an alternate idea if my first isn't appealing. Captain America and Superman joining forces to punch out Hitler.
Whirlwynd at 11:46AM, Nov. 20, 2015
(online)
Sign me up! Anything with one of the Lady Unlucky characters in it. I will volunteer for the DWC too =)

tupapayon at 7:42PM, Nov. 21, 2015
(online)
In order to celebrate my way to recovery I'm in… please surprise me…
HippieVan at 8:14PM, Nov. 21, 2015
(online)
I love how many people are signing up for the DWC! <3 Last year we only needed one so hopefully we won't have to use too many of you, but you're all awesome for volunteering.
Ozoneocean at 5:20AM, Nov. 23, 2015
(online)
Hello.
I would like a pic of Polly from Bottomless Waitress being sexy and Christmassy.
BW: http://theduckwebcomics.com/Bottomless_Waitress/
(She's the tall redhead)
There you go! ^_^
Banes at 12:03PM, Nov. 30, 2015
(offline)
I'm in!

Anything containing one or more of my Typical Strange characters (winter or Christmas related if you wish). The characters appear on the top banner of my comic. Thanks!

Genejoke at 12:23PM, Nov. 30, 2015
(online)
Am I too late? If not I'd like something yule related involving a character from Lore.
And I'm up for Dwc too
last edited on Nov. 30, 2015 12:24PM
kawaiidaigakusei at 1:08PM, Nov. 30, 2015
(online)
I would like to sign up! My request is a drawing of James McAvoy from the movie Penelope (2006).

And please no (and I repeat) NO hint of any holiday or Christmas related theme in the drawing. I just want a comic-inspired drawing of James McAvoy!!

__

If that is too difficult to create, then a drawing of Nathan Fielder wearing a Summit Ice jacket would be wonderful.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
last edited on Nov. 30, 2015 7:36PM
irrevenant at 4:34PM, Nov. 30, 2015
(online)
BTW, it probably doesn't matter at this point, but the deadline list in the first post would probably be clearer if Step 2 was split into two separate steps: 1. receive the match via PQ on December 2, and
2. Get the completed artwork to your match by December 18
I keep looking for the “when do I receive my match?” date and not seeing it tucked away in there. xD
HippieVan at 5:01PM, Nov. 30, 2015
(online)
irrevenant wrote:
BTW, it probably doesn't matter at this point, but the deadline list in the first post would probably be clearer if Step 2 was split into two separate steps: 1. receive the match via PQ on December 2, and
2. Get the completed artwork to your match by December 18
I keep looking for the “when do I receive my match?” date and not seeing it tucked away in there. xD
I see what you mean! I figured it would probably be more confusing at this point if I re-wrote the whole thing, so I just bolded that bit. I'll keep it in mind for next year though!
ghostrunner at 10:00AM, Dec. 2, 2015
(online)
its taken me a while to get over here but sign me up. no specific requests :D
One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop.- g weilacher

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon