Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The Friend Thing on DD
Bruno Harm at 5:55AM, May 29, 2016
(offline)
Maybe there's other threads addressing this, or maybe I'm overthinking things, but what is the etiquette or purpose of the friend request on Drunk Duck?
binaryfaye at 7:39AM, May 29, 2016
(online)
What?! I didn't even notice there WAS a friend request thing on here! I am both unobservant AND unpopular! lol!

Niccea at 7:49AM, May 29, 2016
(offline)
I don't really think there is much purpose to it. You have your friends loaded on your profile page so everyone knows just how popular (or annoying) you are.
HippieVan at 7:51AM, May 29, 2016
(online)
You're probably overthinking things, haha.

Purpose? Not sure. It's not like Facebook or whatever where it lets people contact you or see your profile. It's more of just a “hey, I'm cool with you and we probably chatted in the forums, comments, or in PQs at least once.”
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Genejoke at 10:46AM, May 29, 2016
(online)
HippieVan wrote:

Purpose? Not sure. It's not like Facebook or whatever where it lets people contact you or see your profile. It's more of just a “hey, I'm cool with you and we probably chatted in the forums, comments, or in PQs at least once.”

Aww dammit, I thought you liked me, now it's clear I'm more of a passable acquaintance. I'm hurt. i'm hurt real deep. lol
Ironscarf at 2:46PM, May 29, 2016
(offline)
I'm glad you raised this Bruno, nobody has adressed this issue since we became community owned as far as I'm aware. It's up to us to redefine DD friendship for the modern era and I'm starting by sending friend requests to those who've posted in this thread.
It's not just a case of randomly friending people for posting in a friendship related thread you understand. It goes much deeper than that.
bravo1102 at 6:56PM, May 29, 2016
(offline)
It just means someone has acknowledged your existence. I received some due to comments I've left on comics in addition to the inane comments I leave on the forums.
Ozoneocean at 9:06PM, May 29, 2016
(online)
OK- what friending does FUNCTIONALLY is allow you to comment on a person's profile page.
That's all- apart from having their avatar show up in your friendlist and theirs show in yours.

It was added by Volte6 back when the whole Facebook thing was blowing up and also some other comic site that worked with the friends feature.
I can't even recall the name of that comic site now because it failed and sunk without a trace years and years ago… but at the time EVERYONE joined it and we were friending left right and centre there.

Yeah, it's pretty useless.
Maybe if it could tell you when your friends were online or something “friend” specific it would be good…?
HippieVan at 9:56PM, May 29, 2016
(online)
Genejoke wrote:
HippieVan wrote:

Aww dammit, I thought you liked me, now it's clear I'm more of a passable acquaintance. I'm hurt. i'm hurt real deep. lol

I can't stand you, Genejoke. I thought I made that clear when I egged your house that time.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
KAM at 6:50AM, June 5, 2016
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
It was added by Volte6 back when the whole Facebook thing was blowing up and also some other comic site that worked with the friends feature.
I can't even recall the name of that comic site now because it failed and sunk without a trace years and years ago… but at the time EVERYONE joined it and we were friending left right and centre there.

Could it have been called ComicSpace? I think that was the name of somekind of ‘MySpace for Comic people’.
The KAMics - my cartoons
KAM's Fanart - fanart
KAMics Kast - cast pages
Ozoneocean at 10:24AM, June 5, 2016
(online)
That was it!
Volte6 became the “Tom” of DD to compete with Comicspace doing that social thing.
Comicspace failed badly…
tupapayon at 1:54PM, July 23, 2016
(online)
It's the Drunk Face Book…

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon