HA Stories

List of ideas for possible stories
LuchaCoffee at 7:26PM, Sept. 29, 2016
(online)
I've been a slightly busy bee with writing down some quick story ideas that can be fleshed out soon enough.

Laika- Alien creature crash lands on earth, takes on form of dog in mid western town; HA, HUSH and an alien bounty hunter go after it.** Would love to work on

Beauty is in the Beasts eye- Ms. Ari meets with Dr. Chimera and the two begin their genetic manipulation for Ms Ari’s mysterious benefactor.

Blossoms in the Smoke- Bujin, Kaine, Roof Rat and Kuroneko Team up to break into a dangerous Yakuza’s fortress apartment to find infamous items of the Shinto Gods.

Ideology- A tension filled episode where Militia and Bombshell meet in public and discuss their respective teams. ** Would love to see this as a chapter

RISE of the C-list - What happens when the C-list villains come together to try and start their own evil team? Hilarity ensues.

The Camera loves you- A mysterious Camera is filming political and business people in situations that are perfect for blackmail. How does the HA deal with this camera using vigilante hacker?

It’s a Kind of Magic- The Vaudevillain Mr. Face; can Mr. Imp, Azumorph and CK deal with this trickster?

Voodoo on the Bayou- HA goes down to Louisiana to deal with a string of murder, bizarre rituals and Cajun intrigue.

Sands- When an ancient Egyptian evil is released into the modern world, it is up to Desert Star, HA and a mysterious chosen warrior to put him back down.

EGO Descending- A familiar entity returns from the deep reaches of Space, but what could the once destructive EGO have discovered within the vastness? ** I actually went back to the old HU comics and read EGO again and I think it be a nice call back to see this guy again.

Hatemonger- The Metahuman Supremacists and Seraphim join together to spread the message of a mysterious masked orator.

Those with the Mark- Bleeder and Peligroso do some training together and both discuss their powers in the bigger scheme of their lives.

The Unhappiest Place on Earth - When a famous amusement park gets taken over by a villainous clown, can HA survive his deadly traps?

The GameMaster- The young and plucky heroes of HA are sucked into a RPG by the villain Vyrus; can they defeat this troll and save the internet?

Time- What happens when a mysterious god stops the concept of time? How does HA defeat such a strange foe?

From Madagascar with Love- A thrilling espionage style chapter where HA and the French agent Monsieur Monkey team up to defeat a rogue killer agent by the name of Nain Rogue.

The Goddess and the Boy- Someone has desecrated sacred ground in Hawaii and awakened a monster of a giant shark that seeks to swallow the islands whole. Can HA and Stone Torch succeed?
I like my horror films like I love my burgers…Full of Cheese!!

shastab24 at 4:22PM, Sept. 30, 2016
(online)
Those sound great. Ideas I've been kicking around:
A teens' night out sort of thing, where the underage HA members (with Sparkle as a chaperone, as I like to think of how to add my characters) go to the mall (my original idea was to have this be to give Titan some ability to try being more like a normal teen, but I don't know if we can use her anymore). I do have an idea for a conflict, but I also have been still trying to figure out how to work around not having the very reason they have this outing anymore.

I still want to do the comic jam sort of thing, but I have seen little real interest. Still, it would involve (at the beginning, at least–never know where it would go) a new member being given a tour of the base.

For a small issue (one that I was thinking of for the Image United-style issue we'd been talking about), where Bombshell has been captured by a bomb-themed villain, and Sparkle and another hero (I was thinking Either Titan, Shell or Relik) are the only ones close enough on the scene to fight through the villain's robotic hordes in time to possibly reach and disarm the bomb. My idea is that Sparkle gets to the bomb, and has to be talked through disarming it by Bombshell, a difficult task asking someone as clumsy and emotional as Sparkle to do complicated things in the heat of the moment, when she is struggling to even understand what Bombshell is talking about.

A villain has been capturing powered individuals, or taking the armaments of those who use technology for their power, in order to gain the power to open a doorway to an eldritch dimension, in a misguided idea that they can control the gods on the other side. The villain is only able to be opposed by a few non-powered heroes without their gadgets (Bombshell, Relik and Shell, for sure, but maybe a couple others).

At the moment, that's what's off the top of my head of things I'd want to do. I know I have more, though.
cdmalcolm1 at 3:29PM, Oct. 12, 2016
(online)
All of those stories sound great and even epic. But how are we going to pull it off? With main comic not updating as quickly, would this mean that only one of us totally create the story, art and color?
shastab24 at 10:37AM, Oct. 13, 2016
(online)
I don't know. I wish I knew how to drum up more contributions to the comic, but if I could do that I would have likely already been able to start the jam comic I want to do. As it is, if I actually buckled down and wrote the stories I want to write, I'd likely do like I did with the issue I wrote, and do extensive looking outside of the HA boards, just to pick up the various artists. Those I listed are what's been kicking around in my head, not necessarily ones I expect to get done, and I especially don't expect the eldritch one to get done, considering all the drawing possibly needed for something like that.
cdmalcolm1 at 8:34AM, Oct. 14, 2016
(online)
From the looks of things, HA biggest issue is updating. Not being out there weekly hurts not only for viewership, but possible contributors. If we were to do a head count for HA, it might just be the 5 of us. The heavy active ones are Shastab24, irreverent, cdmalcolm, ironhand and abt. We really need to try and figure out what's next and get those pages out. We might have to help each other out when making these pages. From lineart, lettering, coloring and editing. If Sux would help out in turning over pages,we can hold it down for HA until we can get more contributors.

I came up with an idea that might help HA. That is to create an ad for getting more contributors. It would not cost nothing to place. Just place the ad on HA's last page and keep it there. that way it can at least be seen on the home page of the duck recent everytime we update. Hopefully, that will get HA in the top ten rank. As long as HA stays in the top ten, Someone hopefully will click it. whenever someone click the top ten, the ad will be the first thing they see for contributors or until we submit a page from the main story. I know we are not in the top ten right now, but once we advertise our ad, ppl should be looking towards HA's way.

So, who want to make the ad for recruiting new and returning members?
irrevenant at 4:48AM, Nov. 1, 2016
(online)
We do need to get more contributors.

The problem, as always, seems to be that art is by far the most time-consuming part of the whole thing. In practice it takes a few days to come up with a character, a few weeks to write a script for a single issue and 6+ months to draw a single issue.

Ideas are awesome but simple math indicates that, while all contributions are important and valuable, we need roughly ten times as much contributor time going into art as into anything else.

Ads sound like a good idea.

I'm truly terrible at the networking side of things, unfortunately but I think it would also be a good idea to outreach beyond The Duck. There are many, many artists on the internet, and I'm sure quite a few of them would be into drawing for Heroes Alliance - most artists love a challenge. It's just a matter of making them aware of the possibility.

It would make sense to network on DeviantArt and similar sites. Host a presence there and, I don't know, a group, a challenge? (I'm on DeviantArt but I've barely touched the possibilities of the platform). Ideally we want to be reaching people in things like fanart communities and the like, IMO.
LuchaCoffee at 8:10AM, May 24, 2017
(online)
I've shared HA on Facebook and such but deviantart has a ton of superheroes and artists. I could try and get ahold of them see if they want to do stuff with HA.

I think with the list I've made, I might incorporate some of them into peligroso.
I like my horror films like I love my burgers…Full of Cheese!!

shastab24 at 11:28AM, May 24, 2017
(online)
One thing I've been thinking of that would be nifty is a crossover between the HUniverse and the Deviant Universe. Logistics would be interesting to hash out, but the two universes I think could play off each other decently (though there's some overlap with characters–Virtus is a member of the Deviant Universe, and they've prominently had Wireless in it, too). I've been thinking a way it might be able to get pulled off is to have a Heroes Alliance story, fully scripted and the like, that sets up the main conflict and the crossover elements, with Deviant Universe taking over their way for the next issue.

I'm also trying to start my own Deviant Universe-like group on dA (called Transworlds Comics), but it's slow going. If I can get it up to a decent level of activity, then I would think the possibility of a crossover there isn't out of the question, either.
irrevenant at 1:38AM, July 3, 2017
(online)
A DU/HU crossover could be very cool. Virtus appearing in both isn't necessarily an issue. It could potentially even be used as a link between the two.

The DA universe is much more heavily populated with characters than the HU, isn't it?

Maybe it would be worth having a HA/HU presence on Deviantart? A group of some sort maybe?
shastab24 at 11:16AM, July 5, 2017
(online)
A group on deviantART would be great. Who would run it, though? I'm already running a group (inspired by the DU, which needs more members because there are only two active participants, counting me), but I'd join as a member.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon