Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Recommended page size?
Pancaketophat at 4:34PM, Dec. 24, 2016
(online)
Obviously, I'm new here. I made the title of my comic so far, And I tried to post sort of a “Test” Frame to see how this site works. Every time I tried the site would die and say “Internal server error” Or something along the lines of that. I realized that my page was too large, So what would be Ideal for a comic with relatively small drawings on a single pannel?
bravo1102 at 2:11AM, Dec. 25, 2016
(offline)
Find a few comics whose viewing seems ideal. Then right click and copy and see what size they are. Over the years I have gone from a rigid 72 dpi to 90 or even 100 dpi. Nothing bigger than that for online viewing. You want super high resolution images, host them off site so someone can go there an look. I prefer an image file size about 500-700 MB. Some prefer bigger and I drum my pages in impatience as they load and see how the image was compressed because of the site limits. Make the page work for the size the site allows you to possess rather than making it HUGE and watching it be compressed into a tiny box.

Respect your readers. Often they are using slow machines or phones with poor wi-fi and even a few in backward parts of the world might still even have dial-up. (usually the USA) I am old-fashioned that way. I still remember 56K dial-up and having to slice up large images for loading. Even with FIOS I find my computer slowing to a crawl because there's so much content on a page to load and only so much bandwidth.
fallopiancrusader at 6:40AM, Dec. 25, 2016
(offline)
The largest page that I have uploaded here was 1000 pixels horizontally, and 1333 pixels vertically, in an RGB colorspace. That seemed to contain a decent amount of detail without being cumbersome. I don't know what the technical maximum is for this site. I save them as optimized jpegs, with jpeg compression set to 9 out of 12. If your image editing program saves ICC color profiles, try saving one version with the profile turned on, and one with the profile turned off. Some browsers will interpret that profile in weird ways, so experiment to see which version works better. If you are planning on printing your pages commercially, the horizontal dimension should be 2550 pixels, and the vertical dimension should be 3300 pixels. (assuming an 8.5“ x11” page format)
last edited on Dec. 26, 2016 7:58AM
El Cid at 7:19AM, Dec. 26, 2016
(online)
Unfortunately, I don't remember the specific size, but as I recall this site has a specific size limit for page uploads. If my memory serves me right (and it may not), the maximum page width here is 960 pixels across. If you make your image any larger than that, then the site will automatically compress it and it ends up looking awful. That is, unless they've changed that recently; I haven't been keeping up.
Ozoneocean at 4:17AM, March 2, 2017
(online)
Funny how this thread has popped up to the top again.
Maybe that guy called “Red Jake” commented here? He asked to have his accounted deleted so this popped to the top?
Strange guy.
bravo1102 at 5:37AM, March 2, 2017
(offline)
Darn and he actually expressed a desire to check out my work… oh snap, I am so sorry my crap must have scared him away…
Ozoneocean at 5:09PM, March 2, 2017
(online)
I told you man: Brush your damn teeth! How many more times does this have to happen?
:3
Avart at 5:28PM, March 2, 2017
(offline)
I like to work at 300 or 350 dpi, so I can keep a lot of detail (at least for my manga) but then I covert the original file to a .jpg file and rezise the page to around 900 x 1031 px whitout change the resolution, so the image quality keeps and the file size goes from 25-30 MB to 500-900 KB.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon