Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

The Beard - (Sci-fi/Satire/Mystery/BodyHorror) - My first fully realized comics project
Trinket Trance at 5:06PM, Feb. 2, 2017
(online)
Greetings, digital Duck Web tribe!

I'm new here and hope to be around for a long time. I love comics. And I specifically love the potential of comics divorced of ink and pulp.

Here's a bit of what you're getting into if you do me the honour of checking out The Beard:

Fearing that his facial hair may be trying to communicate with him, an idealistic slacktivist undergoes a surreal metamorphosis in an alternate future Toronto.

A long-percolating brain-baby of mine, The Beard is an irreverent exploration of itchy id impulses, eroding social etiquette, well-meaning idiocy, insidious ego worship, the allure of exploratory artists and the search for purpose in a world bursting at its seams with redundancy.

While it works as a straight up comic book, The Beard is also an experiment - a multi-media digital comic presented as an enriched PDF document if you visit http://www.trinkettrance.ca This means that if you spend some time hunting and clicking around on the fantastic artwork by Ryan Stanley, you’ll find links to exclusive downloads or streams by bands and artists featured in the story, sound effects, musical score (composed by me) reference pages and whatever else we think of as we figure this thing out in front of you.

Thanks for reading and seriously, NSFW.
Trinket Trance at 9:12AM, March 6, 2017
(online)
Avart at 12:12AM, March 7, 2017
(offline)
Hi!

Welcome, I've cheked out your comic and it's very cool. I like the art style and the concept. Hope to see some violence (I'm a big fan) in the future pages LOL.
Trinket Trance at 6:43AM, April 24, 2017
(online)
I should check my notification settings - I had no idea you'd commented until just now! Thanks for reading and rest assured, there is more violence coming, though it won't take very familiar forms for a while.
Trinket Trance at 5:55AM, July 18, 2017
(online)
The final page of the first issue of The Beard is up now! We're taking a short break then returning in the fall with issue two.
Trinket Trance at 7:17AM, Feb. 15, 2018
(online)
Well, that was a longer delay than planned, but we're back now with bi-weekly updates of issue two!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon