Networking & Community Projects*

since getting Friday off. Milwaukee had been 4-0 in
bellis555 at 6:55PM, March 24, 2017
(online)
SAN DIEGO – James Shields was on another road mound and thats a good thing for the Kansas City Royals. Maillot Thiago Motta . Then again, he really was at his home away from home. “It was nice to sleep in my own bed last night,” Shields said after pitching Kansas City past the San Diego Padres 8-0 Wednesday. Shields (4-3) won at Petco Park, which isnt far from his residence in Rancho Santa Fe. “I got to play with the dog and see the kids for the first time in about a month,” Shields said. “It was really nice to be around the house.” Shields wasnt a welcome sight for the San Diego batters, scattering seven hits over seven innings. With Eric Hosmer driving in a season-high four runs and the Royals scoring three times in the first inning, Shields was able to win with less than his best. “I didnt think my stuff way that good today,” said Shields, who threw a season-high 118 pitches. “I was all over the place, getting behind in counts a lot. It was a grind day, but sometimes you got to go out there without your good stuff and compete and that is what I did.” Padres ace Andrew Cashner (2-5) didnt see the fifth inning. “Were kind of in a team-wide funk,” Cashner said. The Royals are headed the opposite direction. They won their second straight game, took their first series at Petco Park and snapped a five-game losing skid since rolling into town. “That was what you call an AAGG – an all-around good game in all phases,” Kansas City manager Ned Yost said. “Shields was fantastic, the bullpen was great, our defence was solid and we had very, very good baserunning. And our offence had as good as a day as we have had against a darn good young pitcher in a long time.” For a good stretch, Shields, who struck out four and walked two, has been tough on the road. Hes won four straight starts away from Kauffmann Stadium and since the start of last season is 14-4 with a 2.00 ERA. Hosmer got three hits. He finished the series going 7 for 15 with seven RBIs, a homer and a double. “The power numbers will come,” Hosmer said. “Im not worried about that. Its early in the season and right now Im just doing anything to help this team win.” “The biggest thing today was coming up with runners in scoring position and getting guys in,” he said. The Padres scuffled, not having any better luck against two relievers after Shields exited. They were shut out for a major league-high sixth time this season. San Diego has lost six of eight overall. Cashner, who lasted a season-low four innings, had trouble from the start. He threw 43 pitches in the first, hurt by a pair of errors from shortstop Everth Cabrera that led to two unearned runs. “I feel bad for my teammate, for Cashner,” Cabrera said. Alcides Escobar reached when Cabrera misplayed his ground ball after Nori Aoki opened with a single. Hosmer hit a two-run single, Alex Gordon reached base two batters later when Cabrera mishandled his grounder and Danny Valencia followed with a broken-bat, RBI single. Cashner ended the inning by getting Shields to ground out with the bases loaded in a nine-pitch at-bat. “That was the best AB of the game,” Hosmer said. The Padres had a chance to cut into their deficit in the second when they got three hits. But Cameron Maybin was too aggressive rounding second base on an infield single, and Escobar slid in behind from shortstop, took Hosmers throw from first base and made the tag. Padres manager Bud Black requested a review, but the call stood. It marked the first time in five appeals this season that Black had lost. The Padres tied a season high with three errors, and had a passed ball and wild pitch in allowing four unearned runs. NOTES: Padres 3B Chase Headley (strained right calf) will play for Single-A Lake Elsinore on Thursday and Friday. He could be activated for Saturdays game against the Marlins. … Padres OF Carlos Quentin is with Triple-A El Paso for at least two games and then will be re-evaluated. Quentin has been on the DL all season with knee problems. … Royals 2B Omar Infante was out of the lineup with a sore back. He was replaced by Danny Valencia, one of three Royals with three hits. … The Padres open a four-game series with the Marlins on Thursday with RHP Ian Kennedy (2-4, 3.43) facing RHP Jacob Turner (0-0, 9.90). … The Royals play Seattle on Thursday as LHP Danny Duffy (1-2, 2.19 ERA) goes against Mariners RHP Hisashi Iwakuma (1-0, 5.40). Maillot Kevin Trapp . The 27th-ranked Austrian underwent surgery on a torn tendon in October and needs more time to recover, the Austria Press Agency reports on Saturday. Maillot Angel Di Maria . The Force had two men, including former Wallabies No. 8 Ben McCalman, in the sin-bin in the dying minutes of the match, but were able to resist a late Highlanders surge to post a four-try, bonus point win. http://www.parissaintgermainshop.fr/maillot-presnel-kimpembe.html . Burkes Flames are one of several teams involved in heavy trade speculation going into next Wednesdays 3pm et deadline, with the most prominent name in play being forward Michael Cammalleri.CINCINNATI, Ohio – Todd Frazier got a second opportunity and made the most of it. Chris Heisey scored from first base on Fraziers 10th-inning double into the left-field corner, and the Cincinnati Reds rallied to beat the Milwaukee Brewers 4-3 Sunday. Fraziers soft line drive resulted in an inning-ending double play in sixth, when the Reds had loaded the bases against Kyle Lohse. “Fortunately, I got another chance,” Frazier said. “The best thing about baseball is you get another chance tomorrow. This time, I only wanted three innings.” Heisey drew a two-out, four-pitch walk from Tyler Thornburgh (3-1), and Frazier followed with a line drive that one-hopped the wall. Heisey beat shortstop Jean Seguras off-target relay to the plate to give the Reds three wins in their four-game series against the team with the majors best record at 21-11. “Heisey grinded out a walk and then had to bust it,” Cincinnati manager Bryan Price said. “They played the ball perfectly.” Third base coach Steve Smith had been criticized by some for having runners thrown out at home several times this season. “Im not known for my eagle eye at the plate. The key is not to get caught up in the moment and swing at bad pitches” said Heisey, who was inserted into the starting lineup when Jay Bruce was scratched with a sore left knee. “Any time the ball is down the line or in the gap, Im thinking of scoring.” Brandon Phillips greeted reliever Brandon Kintzler with a tying 425-foot homer to centre with one out in the eighth, Phillips second homer this season and first since April 5. Sam LeCure (1-1) pitched the 10th for the win. Lohse allowed a season-high eight hits, including Brayan Penas home run. Lohse lasted 6 1-3 innings, giving up two runs with one walk and two strikeouts. “It was a weird outing for me,” Lohse said. Paris Saint-Germain Maillot. “They did a good job mixing it up. At first, they were super aggressive. I tried to use that, and they starting taking. They made me work for the outs that I got.” Cincinnati starter Alfredo Simon, who hadnt allowed more than two runs in any of his first five starts, gave up three in seven innings, along with five hits. Scooter Gennett hit Simons third pitch of the game 357 feet into the right-field seats for his second homer of this season. The Brewers made it 2-0 in the third on Jonathan Lucroys two-out, RBI single. Pena hit the first pitch of the third inning 456 feet over the right-field wall for his third homer of the season, all in the last five days. He left for a pinch runner with a tight hamstring in the seventh. Khris Davis restored the two-run lead with a solo homer in the fourth. Cincinnati again made it a one-run game in the bottom half on Fraziers sacrifice fly after Phillips led off with a double – his fourth hit in five at-bats since getting Friday off. Milwaukee had been 4-0 in extra-inning games and 4-0 in one-run games. “We need to send a message that were in this thing and we have to prove it to ourselves,” Price said after the Reds improved to 15-16. “Being around .500 isnt what were all about.” NOTES: Davis has 15 home runs in his two-year big league career, including five against the Reds. … Price expects LHP Aroldis Chapman to be activated for the Reds homestand that is scheduled to start Friday. Chapman is due to take Sunday and Monday off before starting and pitching an inning for Triple-A Louisville on Tuesday. He is to throw an inning of relief on Wednesday. Chapman is coming back from surgery to repair injuries to his left eye sustained when he was struck by a line drive during a spring training game on March 19. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ‘ ’ '

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon