Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

What do you think of my webcomic?
DGLarry at 5:17PM, Aug. 14, 2017
(online)
My webcomic is called Dr. Cruz. I want people to give me feedback. It's here on Drunk Duck, but can also be found here drcruzcomic.doodlekit.com for earlier updates.
El Cid at 8:43AM, Aug. 17, 2017
(online)
The “raunchy doctor” concept has potential, but your comic right now feels like it's still in the developing stage.

The artwork is good, but nowhere near good enough that it's going to be a big draw for readers (pun not intended). As far as I can tell, the target audience for this comic is horny young males, and they'll want more eye candy than what you're providing to keep them coming back. You're always competing with a million other things your readers can be looking at, so always ask yourself ‘why are they looking at my comic?’

The jokes need work. Some, like this one are long-winded with really no payoff (you could have almost completely lost the second panel. No one wants to read all that, and it was extraneous). This one, I'm not even sure what the joke was. And this… um, I'm all for going “out there,” and there's even a place on rare occasions for scatological humor and fart jokes… but this was in bad taste, and not in a good way. There's gotta be a bigger payoff if you're dipping into that well.

To be clear, I don't think the comic is bad, and there are some funny strips in there, but I don't feel like it's special yet. You're a talented artist, but the humor is not strong enough to carry this as a comic strip. Maybe if you introduced some narrative elements and made this into either more of a comic story format, or even a serialized strip like Bruno Harm or Modest Medusa, this may work better. I think the art and humor are strong enough to pad out a good quirky story, so long as the story itself has merits.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon