Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The Best and the Worst
Tantz_Aerine at 8:13AM, Aug. 28, 2017
(online)
Post the one thing you think is the best in your comic, and the one thing you think is the worst in your comic. Also for a bonus round if you want, post what you think is good/ok but needs improvement!

For Without Moonlight I think:

A. Best: the plot. It might be taken as a slow burner but it packs a punch and gives no quarter.

B. Worst: Continuity in the artwork. Some things appear, more around and/or disappear, or don't continue being in the state they should be and I only notice later when I ready the entire thing in one go.

C. Needs Improvement but is good/ok: The art…
usedbooks at 9:00AM, Aug. 28, 2017
(online)
Best: The characters. I like creating them. I'm getting better at designing antagonists too. Every now and then I get comments relating to the characters that make me feel really successful. I think I convey characters' motivations, quirks, and emotions well, and none of them are cookie cutter.

Worst: Art. All the art, but especially the figures.

Needs Improvement: Plot development. It doesn't feel great to me. It feels okay. The pacing isn't good, and the action doesn't crescendo the right way.
Ozoneocean at 8:25PM, Aug. 28, 2017
(online)
Pinky TA
The best:
Colourful, detailed artwork.

The worst:
Sooooo slooooow to update…

I wonder if we should propose solutions to our “worsts”?

For me it'd be a deadline.
Mika_yi at 2:15AM, Aug. 29, 2017
(offline)
Best: I know they aren't popular but I love my characters because they are a bit more then odd. Special little characters.
Worst: my updates and sometimes getting people involved in the comic because of the awkwardness of the plot, even though I do enjoy how I do the stories it's hard enough to get a lot of people to like them.

Needs improvement: my art I think it's not the best and sometimes I try to draw the pages too fast that there is a lot of inconsistency at times and I constantly compair myself to others and I need more self esteem in my own works.
Tantz_Aerine at 6:00AM, Aug. 29, 2017
(online)
ozoneocean

I wonder if we should propose solutions to our “worsts”?

For me it'd be a deadline.

Good idea! For me it would be more frequent updates and perhaps a list of stuff I shouldn't forget to include in relevant panels…
bravo1102 at 7:27PM, Aug. 29, 2017
(offline)
Best: keeping on schedule. Lots of ups and downs but I am pretty consistent.

Worst: everything else. Face it, it's photos of dolls and no matter how good every thing else is, it's a medium that appeals to very few. But traditional drawing just is no longer possible for me.

And you know I think a thread like this came up years ago and that I pretty much have the same answer then too. Lol

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon