Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Your negative Vices?
Ozoneocean at 7:16PM, Sept. 17, 2017
(online)
What vices do you have that can be a problem for you, if any?

I thought about this for myself and I think I only really have one or two…
Sex, drugs, alachol, and gambling aren't problems for me. None of that is addictive or compelling.
Niether is food, sugar, or TV.

The one thing that I really have to watch out for is video games, those suck me in and eat up my time…
I think that's because of the autistic, perfectionist streak I have, especially with art, craft and fixing things like computers: I become totally mentally absorbed in mindless, repetitive tasks like sewing, drawing or coding, or troubleshooting a difficult installation, retrying again and again till I succeed: All of which is directly applicable to games.

The only thing that knocks me out of it with games is the lack of creativity or real productivity (excluding Minecraft because that looks too unappealing. Games have to suck me in visually).
Apart from that the only other thing would be Facebook, haha…

Anyway, I stay away from games, even on my phone. Back in the day coin operated games weren't a problem because once I ran out of 20c pieces, and later $1 coins then you were done. But in the console days I'd play all day and night. I'd desperately hunt for money to rent them, trying anything to earn enough… Oh I had it bad. With computer games it was worse, the time I “invested” was crazy.
Games like World of Warcraft would have been heroine for me, but I knew that so I never got into it… But other games still grabbed me.

What about you? What's your story? Do you have issues with the normal vices or is it a stupid one like mine?
last edited on Sept. 17, 2017 7:27PM
MegaRdaniels at 8:10PM, Sept. 17, 2017
(online)
I eat junkfood.
bravo1102 at 10:18PM, Sept. 17, 2017
(offline)
I'm a shopper and hoarder. Just like my mother, but with different stuff. Used to have a huge expensive wardrobe when I had a reason to wear it, now all that's left are a hundred or so ties.

I blew a few thousand dollars last year on model kits and accessories for my figures. And I already have tons of stuff.
KimLuster at 7:07AM, Sept. 18, 2017
(online)
I'm at the age where I've just got to start watching what I eat and drink, but I can't seem to say NO to Margaritas and Beer… and Hotwings… and Steaks… :(
kawaiidaigakusei at 4:42PM, Sept. 18, 2017
(online)
I buy things in multiples. I can never have just one article of clothing, sometimes I have five of the same collared shirt, seven of the same pants, three of the same dress style, twenty pairs of running shorts. I read having things in multiples is a quality of OCD, but I have never been officially diagnosed.

I own five iPads (three iPad minis with identical cases). Last weekend I just purchased three Playstation Consoles and three PSOne Slim consoles.

This has also spread to my jobs, I currently have EIGHT different jobs that I juggle daily.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
usedbooks at 9:40AM, Sept. 19, 2017
(online)
I compulsively buy discounted DVDs (especially TV series) and video games. I love a deal. I have a backlog of games to play. I may need to move my DVD collection into space-saving organizers.

I need a caffeinated soda to get through my day.

I love my pet rats. My vice with them is that when I have a litter, I have a hard time parting with them (even though I have little trouble finding good homes). Instead of causing myself grief by giving them up, I get around the issue by only breeding when I have space for six or seven more animals. I also have urges to adopt animals, but I am good at not giving into them. (Almost adopted a kitten last year, but my cat didn't like her, so she went to a friend.)

I don't drink or smoke or date. It frees me up to be weird.

My,biggest obsession is writing. I get driven to madness by bits of dialogue or plot if I don't write it down. I'll write on any surface at my disposal. I misplace a lot of ideas in disorganized notebooks.
PIT_FACE at 8:46AM, Sept. 20, 2017
(online)
I love too much.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon