Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Upload Issues
killianmckellen at 11:07PM, Oct. 26, 2017
(offline)
I was wondering if the great people on here had a resolution to a problem I have. I've finished the 4 issues of my comic. And thought it would be cool to upload the first issue and get some feed back, and etc. However I've been unable to upload it here since it is a PDF. Why not just load it page by page? My artist sent it to me completed as a PDF. So worst case I can get him to send it to me page by page. I was hoping there was a work around I had not thought of. I've ran into this issue on several sites. I understand that this is a web comic site so it makes since to upload a page at a time. Any help is appreciated.Thanks.
Ozoneocean at 1:23AM, Oct. 27, 2017
(online)
I'm sorry, uploading PDFs won't work here… That's an unusual idea.
It could work though, not here of course, but I know some sites that could work with it, like Drop Box and google drive which will give you a preview of the file. A site could even just make your browser use a PDF reader the view the work.

We could offer it in the future, but right now we're limited to page by page.

I do worry that PDF's could drive up our image hosting costs through Amazon though since readers will be downloading massive files every time they look at your work…
killianmckellen at 2:11AM, Oct. 27, 2017
(offline)
Thank you very much. I appreciate the response. I will just have to break it down page by page, but shouldn't be an issue. Thank you again.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon