Networking & Community Projects*

Secret Santa 2017 -- SIGN UP THREAD -- CLOSED
usedbooks at 1:35PM, Dec. 5, 2017
(online)
I haven't run this before, so please bear with me. It's one of my favorite DD traditions, so we can't let it die.

How it Works
Reply to this thread with an art request before Dec. 15.

Once sign-ups close, you will receive a request to fill. This is all randomized and most often not a direct trade, so you won't know who is drawing your request until you receive it.

You have until Christmas to draw and present your gift. There will be a “gift thread” to post to, so all participants can check in to see if their request is filled.

After the due date, any requests unfilled will be passed on to the DWC (dead weight committee) to complete.

Timeline
Dec. 5 - Dec. 14

Dec. 15
Assignments will be sent via PQ

Dec. 15 - Dec. 25
Complete and present gifts

Dec. 27
DWC will be informed of unfilled requests

How to Join
Reply to this thread with an art request, any art request at all. It can be comic related and/or holiday related or just a “surprise me.”

If your request includes a character from your comic, you can help out your Secret Santa by providing a link to a good reference to aid them.

Please also include if you would like to be on the DWC (dead weight committee) in case any participants drop the ball.

You will receive your assignment via PQ on Dec. 15th.

Participants
usedbooks -
Draw any character(s) from Used Books celebrating the holidays with any character(s) from your own comic (and/or with my Secret Santa). You can pick any character(s) from my bio pages: http://www.curiousv.com/usedbooks/?page_id=41

Tantz_Aerine -
I'd like fanart of WM. If I were to have a preference, something with Basil in it. Here's my independent site's cast page, it's more thorough.

Emevsa -
Surprise us! :)

skreem -
“Christmassify any of my characters”, a random one, surpise is always good!

Mika_yi -
A Christmas pick of my characters and I’d love to see them meeting one of yours. (( I have three comics so I guess just pick any))

KimLuster -
Anything Christmasy with either Kimber Lee or Rhiaan (main character from my new project) - click on my two banners below see the comics and get an idea of how they look!!

cdmalcolm1 - DWC
I would like SolarCell and one of your characters looking at each other nervously, (like a nervous smile or something), while under a mistletoe. SolarCell first panel: http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/CPU_Basics/
last edited on Dec. 10, 2017 10:39AM
usedbooks at 1:40PM, Dec. 5, 2017
(online)
My request:

I would like my Secret Santa to draw any character(s) from Used Books celebrating the holidays with any character(s) from their own comic (and/or with my Secret Santa). You can pick any character(s) from my bio pages: http://www.curiousv.com/usedbooks/?page_id=41
last edited on Dec. 5, 2017 1:41PM
Tantz_Aerine at 5:17PM, Dec. 6, 2017
(online)
I'm game!

My request: I'd like fanart of WM. If I were to have a preference, something with Basil in it. Here's my independent site's cast page, it's more thorough.
Emevsa at 7:06PM, Dec. 6, 2017
(offline)
We're in! Surprise us! :)
Froggtreecomics at 4:55AM, Dec. 7, 2017
(offline)
I'm in on this thing!

My request is “christmassify any of my characters”, a random one, surpise is always good!
Mika_yi at 8:20AM, Dec. 7, 2017
(offline)
I would love to participate this year!

I have very small character pages not complete and found out that ohitobucket crapped out on me so that won’t help sorry.

But I just like a Christmas pick of my characters and I’d love to see them meeting one of yours. (( I have three comics so I guess just pick any))

KimLuster at 10:14AM, Dec. 7, 2017
(online)
I'm in…

Anything Christmasy with either Kimber Lee or Rhiaan (main character from my new project) - click on my two banners below see the comics and get an idea of how they look!!
cdmalcolm1 at 6:19PM, Dec. 9, 2017
(online)
count me in for Secret Santa and the Dead-Weight committee.

I would like SolarCell and one of your characters looking at each other nervously, (like a nervous smile or something), while under a mistletoe.

SolarCell first panel: http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/CPU_Basics/

There was one Dead Weight last year I filled in. I had 2 submissions. Is it me or did we just ran out of eggnog?
usedbooks at 6:28PM, Dec. 9, 2017
(online)
I stand corrected. Lol. I swear we went a year without needing DWC, but there have been a lot of years.
usedbooks at 6:00AM, Dec. 15, 2017
(online)
Sign-ups are closed! Watch your PQ inbox for assignments.

(As a reminder here, if you are delayed and need an extension, let me know via PQ. Otherwise, you'll get labeled “dead weight” after the Christmas deadline.)
last edited on Dec. 15, 2017 6:03AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon