Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Drunkduck mobile app?
Genejoke at 4:14PM, April 1, 2018
(online)
I was reading Hellboy via the kindle app the other day and it got me thinking, Could a drunkduck app be developed and would it be beneficial?

Essentially I'm imagining a comic reader app where that you could download comics to your mobile device for reading offline or to save data by downloading when connected to wi fi.

I have no idea how easily this could be integrated with the site, or if it's even possible.
bravo1102 at 5:41AM, April 2, 2018
(offline)
Now I do most of my comic reading on my phone and it works for me. I don't like the sites with apps because they restrict your options.

But I'm weird that way and I know from previous requests for an app that it would be expensive and there are other regular site stuff they'd like to do first before running off to do an app. And then there's finding someone to design it.
usedbooks at 6:23AM, April 2, 2018
(online)
I think offline reading is a great idea, but, as Bravo said, there are priorities and budget. Maybe something to consider down the line?

Or maybe easily downloading comics/chapters for offline could be incorporated into the site in the future.

I know Kablam lets you publish digital copies at IndyPlanet and set the price to free, so that's an option too. (I have a few arcs there and longer books for 99 cents.)
Ozoneocean at 8:45AM, April 2, 2018
(online)
usedbooks wrote:
I know Kablam lets you publish digital copies at IndyPlanet and set the price to free, so that's an option too. (I have a few arcs there and longer books for 99 cents.)
That sounds ideal!
Genejoke at 9:58AM, April 2, 2018
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
usedbooks wrote:
That sounds ideal!

It's a good work around, I think amazon will let you do it also, however both help take readers away from DD.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon